+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

She had to say something about why she was burning the book. Earlier on, she said it was crap.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4040286;
    I agree Lucky! It seems as if the tenor of the book was very important to Bethenny after the baby's birth. I remember at the barbecue she said that the original version of the book was coming from a place of "no," whereas after Bryn was born, the mood of the first version was no longer accurate because she had changed so much, and that she wanted her book to come from a place of "yes."
    I think this reflects her own personal journey that we saw unfold on the show this season. Coming from a place of "yes" is a positive, inspiring spiritual principle, and it's great that she developed that awareness and wanted her book to be motivating to readers in that way.

FORT Fan

My impression was that the book was always about coming from a place of yes. This goes back to the first argument she had with Kelly when Kelly first joined the show. During that disagreement she talked about whether people approach things from a place of yes initially or a place of no, and that Kelly is someone who approaches things from a place of no initially.

Given Bethenny's track record of writing best sellers I think that by now she would have an instinct about whether something was truly reflective of what she wanted to say, and the original draft just wanted coming together. My feeling is that the book didn't need a complete overhaul, but some parts changed to reflect the changes in her life and the changes in outlook that accompany them.

FORT Fogey

What the heck does "coming from a place of yes" even mean?

FORT Fan

Guess you'll have to buy the book and find out.

FORT Fogey

Er, I'd rather drink her booze. Or just buy some tequila, squirt some lime juice in it, and invent the margarita.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4040399;
    I think this reflects her own personal journey that we saw unfold on the show this season. Coming from a place of "yes" is a positive, inspiring spiritual principle, and it's great that she developed that awareness and wanted her book to be motivating to readers in that way.
    When I first posted that I couldn't believe Bethenny actually burned her book-- someone reminded me that she probably had copies. Of course, I'm not that unrealistic and knew she would, being the professional she is. What I really meant to say was I was surprised she wasn't going the route many people would have gone and submitted it as is--- knowing she'd have a money maker on her hands the way it was. But, like Lucky very nicely said, I think her whole attitude has changed after the last couple of years and all the wonderful things that have happened to her. And she wasn't content to publish the book as it was, but wanted to show how she had grown and hopefully inspire people-- even if it meant more work on it.

Last night I watched one of the old Housewives shows that was saved on my dvr and it was odd to see Bethenny and Jill so chummy, and Bethenny not close to Ramona or Alex. It's been nice to see her grow, have her eyes opened to who her friends really are on that show. Also nice while watching it to know that right around the corner she would meet Jason and have Bryn! It's been fun watching the changes in her life and how she's grown in a positive way with them. I'm looking forward to the second season of Bethenny Getting Married? already!

FORT Fogey

I remember seeing part of the season where Bethenny and Jill were best buds. I always got the sense that Bethenny was using Jill for her contacts. I was not surprised to see their friendship disintegrate so quickly nor surprised to see her drop Jill like a hot potato.

FORT Fogey

stcroix - I agree! I do think Jill loved Bethenny but I don't think Jill's capable of having a relationship that's not Jill centric. So when Bethenny didn't need Jill anymore, Jill went into a tailspin, and when they had a fight that they probably would have just gotten over under normal circumstances, Jill decided to completely cut her out. Even when Bethenny attempted, several times, to talk things through with Jill. Jill definitely needs to control the relationships she's in.

I think that Alex and Bethenny became very close because they're both powerful, intelligent, complex women but in different ways. Bethenny's an extremely extroverted person while Alex has a more quiet spirit, and they lend themselves well to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4040625;
    I remember seeing part of the season where Bethenny and Jill were best buds. I always got the sense that Bethenny was using Jill for her contacts. I was not surprised to see their friendship disintegrate so quickly nor surprised to see her drop Jill like a hot potato.

that is odd that you see Bethanny's repeated attempts to reach out to Jill early last season as dropping Jill like a hot potato

+ Reply to Thread