+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4037090;
    And I want to catch every single moment of the show. I love her talk, talk, talk because she's smart, irreverent, sassy, and funny -- and very charming. A rare combination. And now with the addition of her love for Jason and baby Bryn, she's become warm, loving, and demonstrative. I think Bethenny's fabulous, and she has a wonderful life, stresses and all. I'm so happy that she has chosen to share her life with the viewing public.
    I agree. It's been fun to watch her grow from the NY housewives Bethenny to this Bethenny, hasn't it? It's touching to see how happiness in her life has mellowed her while not changing her basic quick witted personality! She's always freely admitted she's not perfect and that's refreshing.

I just watched the finale and was very surprised to see her burning her book. All that work! That alone tells me she's thinking in a different way. If she was truly the totally materialistic person some say, then there's no way she would have thrown a potential money maker right into the fire! I think Jason and Bryn have opened her eyes to what unconditional love is all about and she doesn't want to think about the past and all the negativity that went with it. I didn't need to see the double breast pumping, but all in all a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;4037963;
    I agree. It's been fun to watch her grow from the NY housewives Bethenny to this Bethenny, hasn't it? It's touching to see how happiness in her life has mellowed her while not changing her basic quick witted personality! She's always freely admitted she's not perfect and that's refreshing.

I just watched the finale and was very surprised to see her burning her book. All that work! That alone tells me she's thinking in a different way. If she was truly the totally materialistic person some say, then there's no way she would have thrown a potential money maker right into the fire! I think Jason and Bryn have opened her eyes to what unconditional love is all about and she doesn't want to think about the past and all the negativity that went with it. I didn't need to see the double breast pumping, but all in all a good show.
    In the year 2010, I doubt very much that it was the only copy she had of her book. I think it was just a symbolic action to show that she now has different priorities in her life. Being married and having children definitiely can give you an attitude ajustment about your future.

FORT Fogey

I'm with Bred on this one, she mentioned earlier in the episode she was struggling with the manuscript. I think the editor told her it was bad and so she abandoned it.

FORT Fan

Bethenny early in the season stated that the book had to do with coming from a place of "yes." Pre-publication orders are being taken for this book from Amazon. I'm sure the book didn't need a massive overhauling to reconcile it with her change in outlook after getting married and having a baby. She obviously was able to edit it successfully.

FORT Fan

If Bethenny continues to have a show on Bravo then yeah for her and I will be delighted to tune into it no matter what it is called.

I remember before the show aired, Bravo was taking comments -- one of mine was about the name of the show -- and said it wouldn't work if there was a second season. Perhaps they were in negotiations at the time, or something, because they responded to the effect that "it remains to be seen - will see what happens" -- (and I'm totally paraphrasing).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Well, this is probably a bad example, but there was that VH1 show "My Fair Brady" with Adriane who won the first season of America's Next Top Model and the guy who played the middle Brady boy. The name of the show changed from season to season, first My Fair Brady, then when they were engaged, "My Fair Brady: Getting Married?" then "My Fair Brady: Maybe Baby?" So maybe it'll change like that. Although I don't know how it'd work.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4038276;
    I'm with Bred on this one, she mentioned earlier in the episode she was struggling with the manuscript. I think the editor told her it was bad and so she abandoned it.
    I certainly don't know for sure about the book but wouldn't Bethanny have signed a contract for the next book? And I thought book contracts were not open-ended but probably have a deadline. She may also have received (and spent) the advance that she got for the "upcoming" book and would therefore have to return the money or repay them.

There's so much "legal-ese" in everything presently that I doubt she could back out on the book, as she makes it seems. I think it was just for "good tv." Symbolic.

FORT Fogey

Not so much that she backed out as she threw the manuscript out and started over. I'm pretty sure writers are late for deadlines all the time. Also, what book was that anyway? Wasn't she on the phone on her wedding day claiming a book was just finished? She started writing another one right away apparently. She couldn't have gotten too far.

FORT Fan

There was only one book. The way that publishing works is that the author submits a manuscript and the editor then comes back with a marked up draft with recommendations for changes. This was the draft Bethenny was working on was she was preparing for her wedding. The editor came back with additional suggestions after reading that draft. This was the draft Bethenny was working on after Bryn was born (check her twitter if you want back-up). This is all typical and normal in the publishing world, and why so many authors include their editor in their acknowledgments and thanks.

+ Reply to Thread