+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4037214;
    That is so ironic because that is exactly how she comes across to me.
    Not to me. There are others who do, however.

FORT Fan

If these shows are truly unscripted, then the persona that Bethenny's putting forth is the one she wants us to see, editing notwithstanding. She can't have it both ways -- come off bitchy and crass, and then have us believe that she's a different, warmer person. I don't even think that's who she wants to be, anyway. No one is putting words in her mouth.

As to inferring she's a bigger person than the one we get to see, that is no doubt true. But what part of her life has she put out-of-bounds of the cameras? Yes, we haven't seen her and Jason in the act. Yet. (I'm thinking there will be at least one attempt at love-making where Bethenny rebuffs Jason, we've heard enough already about the six-week hiatus). They have been together less than two years, from my accounting, and they've signed a deal with the devil to spend their courtship, their first year of marriage, their childbirth, their child rearing, with a national audience. Marriage, childbirth, child-rearing, running a business, is stressful enough without the added pressure of folks like me scrutinizing your every character flaw. I once had to tell my mother-in-law that she couldn't send pictures of our premie son (on ventilator in NICU) to members of the extended family and that we'd send a picture of him when things were less dire. She threw the snapshots at me! Literally. I think he was entitled to that dignity. With Bethenny, I get no sense of her feeling protective of the sanctity of her marriage or the dignity of her little daughter.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4037227;
    Yes, we haven't seen her and Jason in the act. Yet. (I'm thinking there will be at least one attempt at love-making where Bethenny rebuffs Jason, we've heard enough already about the six-week hiatus). They have been together less than two years, from my accounting, and they've signed a deal with the devil to spend their courtship, their first year of marriage, their childbirth, their child rearing, with a national audience.

I thought the show was over last week?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4037231;
    I thought the show was over last week?
    You mean she's not coming back for a second season? I thought this was a "hit" show.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4037235;
    You mean she's not coming back for a second season? I thought this was a "hit" show.
    well, since she's already married, I don't see further seasons of a show called Bethany getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4037227;
    If these shows are truly unscripted, then the persona that Bethenny's putting forth is the one she wants us to see, editing notwithstanding. She can't have it both ways -- come off bitchy and crass, and then have us believe that she's a different, warmer person. I don't even think that's who she wants to be, anyway. No one is putting words in her mouth.
    As to inferring she's a bigger person than the one we get to see, that is no doubt true. But what part of her life has she put out-of-bounds of the cameras? Yes, we haven't seen her and Jason in the act. Yet. (I'm thinking there will be at least one attempt at love-making where Bethenny rebuffs Jason, we've heard enough already about the six-week hiatus). They have been together less than two years, from my accounting, and they've signed a deal with the devil to spend their courtship, their first year of marriage, their childbirth, their child rearing, with a national audience. Marriage, childbirth, child-rearing, running a business, is stressful enough without the added pressure of folks like me scrutinizing your every character flaw. I once had to tell my mother-in-law that she couldn't send pictures of our premie son (on ventilator in NICU) to members of the extended family and that we'd send a picture of him when things were less dire. She threw the snapshots at me! Literally. I think he was entitled to that dignity. With Bethenny, I get no sense of her feeling protective of the sanctity of her marriage or the dignity of her little daughter.
    Most people aren't all bad ("bitchy and crass") or all good (warmer and more loving), unless their name is Mother Teresa. I don't know too many people on that level of being. She has all those elements to her personality, same as the rest of us. I don't know what we are going to see of her in any future episodes (didn't know she had signed on for more) ... guess my crystal ball is broken. I get no sense that she is NOT protective of the sanctity of her marriage or the dignity of her little daughter. Don't see any examples of that. I did see by the end of the show that she is grateful for all the blessings in her life and the support of her friends and family. If no one put "crass" words in her mouth, then no one put words in her mouth there, either.

FORT Fogey

It's disingenuous to claim they they didn't film Jason's marriage proposal because it was off-limits, but then film Bethenny announcing the birth of their daughter to Jason's parents.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I happen to like smart, funny, complex women who are not afraid of being themselves. And I am truly uncomfortable around women who aspire, or pretend, to be "perfect." I find Bethenny entertaining and, yes, charming
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4037237;
    well, since she's already married, I don't see further seasons of a show called Bethany getting Married?
    LOL! So you think she's gonna call it quits, go off to playdates and mommy-and-me classes without a retinue of cameras in tow? She may need a new name, but my guess is that Bethenny's going to ride this gravy train until the last book is sold in the remainder bin at Borders and the last Skinny Girl margarita mix is sold at Big Lots.

Maybe we should start a contest of what the second season should be named.

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4037260;
    LOL! So you think she's gonna call it quits, go off to playdates and mommy-and-me classes without a retinue of cameras in tow? She may need a new name, but my guess is that Bethenny's going to ride this gravy train until the last book is sold in the remainder bin at Borders and the last Skinny Girl margarita mix is sold at Big Lots.

Maybe we should start a contest of what the second season should be named.
    Can I enter the contest twice? I say the next season will be "Bethenny Being Married" followed by "Bethenny Getting Divorced". My second choice is based on so many other reality couples splitting up.
    The show was on yesterday and I saw the part where Jason's parents came by to see the baby. Beth was talking and talking and Jason tried to say something and she cut him off with "Let me talk"! He backed down and said "OK, boss" ,which she didn't even acknowledge. His parents noticed this and said "we'll let you two work it out" (or something like that). It was an uncomfortable little exchange.
    Love the Skinny Girl at Big Lots comment!

+ Reply to Thread