+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fan

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4036928;
    Her relationships remind me of her apartment. It all looks like rental furniture and everything is beige.
    I know what I see. Bethenny is a confection, served up for all of our enjoyment. Her marriage was a farce-for-TV moment. I would never put any of my children on television as a way of making money. And my kids are much cuter.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fan

I watched the lost footage, and it just made Bethenny seem even meaner than she had been all season. Talk baby, talk, baby, I'm not hearing any of it. Now we know that the editors call every shot, it seemed like they chose to film her in a less-than-positive light.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

I'll try to catch it in re-run this weekend. I do think it's as much speculation to assume she's tender-hearted as it is that she has prefab friends and furniture. I mean, even wild animals care for their young.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4036780;
    Well, I have to say that she didn't say "Montessori Beverly Hills" (which would have still fit the bill). She said "Compton" which is associated with being an undesirable place to live. I still don't feel that it's racist. She could have mentioned plenty of places in California that are also considered funky areas. I think that, that's just the one that popped into her mind. It's too bad that she didn't say "Fontana" which is referred to as "Fontucky" on local radio shows. It's considered a "white trash" area BUT if she had said that, no one would know what she was talking about. I (again) don't think that she was being racist but she WAS sending another message within that statement.
    "Compton" is often used in that context by many Southern Californians....has nothing to do with race -- I would think because of the crime and gang activity. Years ago, we'd use "Inglewood," but Compton got to be more popular. All over the country. Montessori Beverly Hills not funny -- doesn't even make sense in the context she was using it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4036908;
    Ahhhhh, yes! Calmer moments would have been nice! Beth can't help but give an ongoing narration of EVERY thing that goes on in her mind. It feels like she can't stop trying to be entertaining for everyone AND the cameras.
    Well, yeah, I would hope so -- it's a television show. I think the premise is perfect.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4036486;
    [/B]

THat must be what I'm thinking, too.

I didn't like seeing Julie in the light we saw her in last night. She came across as even more micro managing than Bethenny. I didn't think that was possible.

I hate to say it, but I think Bethenny comes across as kind of racist with some of the comments she makes. I know she thinks it's funny but it does get on one's nerves. Something to effect of...Compton. THat was uncalled for in the context in which she was using it.
    Then she also made a snide remark about Ramona and her parenting skills.
    Not nice, IMO.

If she is so disturbed by how her mother raised her, why is she subjecting Bryne to this? I think we could have done without yet another flash of her "rack" last night. Way TMI.
    I truly don't think she meant anything racist by saying Compton. She was looking for an extreme opposite to make her point. And besides, why just using the name of a city makes it a racist remark?? I don't get it. Just because predominately black people live in Compton? Saying the name of a city does not constitute racism. :nono
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 08-14-2010 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4036883;
    I did like the show last night overall, but I also found the pacing/editing of the show frenetic and could have done with more calmer moments edited in. Loved all the guys putting together the girly girl room for Bryn.
    Better not watch this show because Bethanny is anything but calm and non-frenetic. I can watch and enjoy the show but I would never, ever have someone in my Real Life that lives at the pace she does. I'm more of a slug and have never had energy like she does. But she's different, unique and that's why Bravo gave her a show.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4037016;
    "Compton" is often used in that context by many Southern Californians....has nothing to do with race -- I would think because of the crime and gang activity. Years ago, we'd use "Inglewood," but Compton got to be more popular. All over the country. Montessori Beverly Hills not funny -- doesn't even make sense in the context she was using it.
    Sure BH makes sense if she was only trying to say that she's not going to use a school that is cross country. Any well know city, far away would have worked. All I said was that she added a little more by making it Compton. As far as BH not being funny (BTW, I was just using it as an example, not to rewrite her jokes) using Compton wasn't exactly the funniest thing that she's ever said and some people flat out didn't like it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4036777;
    Very funny! I get a little sick of her talk talk talk, and I actually like her... but noticing it doesn't matter if I walk out of the room for awhile even if I haven't DVRd the epi. What's to miss, not much?
    And I want to catch every single moment of the show. I love her talk, talk, talk because she's smart, irreverent, sassy, and funny -- and very charming. A rare combination. And now with the addition of her love for Jason and baby Bryn, she's become warm, loving, and demonstrative. I think Bethenny's fabulous, and she has a wonderful life, stresses and all. I'm so happy that she has chosen to share her life with the viewing public.

FORT Fogey

She may be a lot of things, and not all of them bad things, but charming? "Hi, I'm Bethenny. Do what I say or off come your balls!"

At least she doesn't do that "Um" thing she used to do. Either that, or they edit it out. She used to rattle of a punchline and then say, "Um" and look away because that was the end of what she had rehearsed and didn't know what to say next.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 08-14-2010 at 10:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread