+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

[QUOTE=norealityhere;4036486;][/B]

THat must be what I'm thinking, too.

I didn't like seeing Julie in the light we saw her in last night. She came across as even more micro managing than Bethenny. I didn't think that was possible.

I hate to say it, but I think Bethenny comes across as kind of racist with some of the comments she makes. I know she thinks it's funny but it does get on one's nerves. Something to effect of...Compton. THat was uncalled for in the context in which she was using it. [QUOTE]

Bethenny does get on my nerves in much the same way as Kathy Griffin (who has worked gutter language so far to the bone it is no longer funny & Bethenny is hard on her heels). But I love them both and forgive them- they're still funny enough to give me my comic relief for the day. I think they're good people inside.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;4036391;
    the show is called Bethenny right
    Very funny! I get a little sick of her talk talk talk, and I actually like her... but noticing it doesn't matter if I walk out of the room for awhile even if I haven't DVRd the epi. What's to miss, not much?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4036560;
    I took her Compton statement to mean....Ēof course Iím going to send her to Manhattan...isnít that in NY??? I wouldnít send her to Compton cause itís NOT in NY....duh....where else do you think I would send her but to a LOCAL Montesorri??Ē
    Well, I have to say that she didn't say "Montessori Beverly Hills" (which would have still fit the bill). She said "Compton" which is associated with being an undesirable place to live. I still don't feel that it's racist. She could have mentioned plenty of places in California that are also considered funky areas. I think that, that's just the one that popped into her mind. It's too bad that she didn't say "Fontana" which is referred to as "Fontucky" on local radio shows. It's considered a "white trash" area BUT if she had said that, no one would know what she was talking about. I (again) don't think that she was being racist but she WAS sending another message within that statement.

FORT Fan

I did like the show last night overall, but I also found the pacing/editing of the show frenetic and could have done with more calmer moments edited in. Loved all the guys putting together the girly girl room for Bryn.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4036883;
    I did like the show last night overall, but I also found the pacing/editing of the show frenetic and could have done with more calmer moments edited in. Loved all the guys putting together the girly girl room for Bryn.
    Ahhhhh, yes! Calmer moments would have been nice! Beth can't help but give an ongoing narration of EVERY thing that goes on in her mind. It feels like she can't stop trying to be entertaining for everyone AND the cameras.

FORT Fogey

She seems to have many friends who love her and have been with her for a long time, so that speaks well of her. She might amp it up for the cameras, but what I see most is a loving, caring, tender-hearted person who has made a great life for herself despite having grown up in difficult circumstances. That says a lot about what she's made of, too.

FORT Fogey

I didn't like seeing Julie in the light we saw her in last night. She came across as even more micro managing than Bethenny. I didn't think that was possible.
    Maybe she catches hell if anything goes wrong. Could be why she's so uptight.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4036916;
    She seems to have many friends who love her and have been with her for a long time, so that speaks well of her. She might amp it up for the cameras, but what I see most is a loving, caring, tender-hearted person who has made a great life for herself despite having grown up in difficult circumstances. That says a lot about what she's made of, too.
    These are completely synthetic relationships, made-for -TV moments. There is nothing organic or from her past in any of them. Half the time she seems to forget what her friends' names are.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4036922;
    These are completely synthetic relationships, made-for -TV moments. There is nothing organic or from her past in any of them. Half the time she seems to forget what her friends' names are.
    Her relationships remind me of her apartment. It all looks like rental furniture and everything is beige.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4036928;
    Her relationships remind me of her apartment. It all looks like rental furniture and everything is beige.
    And all of it could be disposed of, if required. Is there anything these people really, really care about? I mean, outside the obvious endorphin of having a reserved seat at the Four Seasons or Cipriani?
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

+ Reply to Thread