+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 97 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Everyone, let's please keep the comments about people on the show and not about other posters. Baiting and sniping at each other will not be tolerated. People on TV are fair game, other posters here are not.

Please keep the discussion civil so this thread can remain open. Thanks.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4016293;
    I have a feeling Bethenny's mother might show up in the finale. Maybe not make an appearance, but in a cliffhanger for the finale there will be a (staged) phone call or some such thing. Also, as I've said before, I suspect that Bravo is planning a wedding planning show or event planning show starring that Shawn character.
    I've had the feeling that Bravo was auditioning a bunch of event/wedding planners this season for that very purpose -- who was that, Elvira for Theresa's housewarming, then the second potential new wife on NY -- I can't even remember her name but she was almost as bitchy as Elvira. I'm thinking they haven't found their lodestar yet, although Shawn can do bitchy and he also gives Ramona a run for the money in crazy-eyes territory.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-31-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

Oh, yeah! Brilliant thought. I think the NY lady was Jen Gilbert. So, that's three so far that have already been introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4016590;
    I've had the feeling that Bravo was auditioning a bunch of event/wedding planners this season for that very purpose -- who was that, Elvira for Theresa's housewarming, then the second potential new wife on NY -- I can't even remember her name but she was almost as bitchy as Elvira. I'm thinking they haven't found their lodestar yet, although Shawn can do bitchy and he also gives Ramona a run for the money in crazy-eyes territory.
    I've ended up liking poor Cookie bitten Shawn. He reminds me of Mark on Ugly Betty just a tad. I'd probably give a show he was on a chance.

FORT Newbie

I always loved Bethenny in the Housewives show, however, this spin-off just feels too contrived; I hope Bravo ends it after the finale.
    In my opinion, I would show a new Housewives show every time, new city, new people; that way it is fresh and more real as opposed to what it has become. I just am opposed to the repeat casts using their reality tv fame (after the 1st season) to sell their products, books, music, etc.
    Bethenny's show reminds me of a woman who ran out and got a ready made family. As much as B. says Jason is so not into the whole fame thing, I have a nagging suspicion that he likes it fine, riding B.'s gravy train isn't a problem, unlike her other boyfriend (named Jason) that was on the 1st season of RHNYC, now that guy you could tell was not into it.
    The last episode irked me too, hearing B. complain while she had a baby nurse just made me roll my eyes. I (like 99% of people) do not have that luxury, but if I did, I would not even think to complain.
    The scene at Robert V.'s place made me wonder if B. is shelling out that much money for dresses and shoes, or does Robert let her wear it for free for publicity. If she is paying that much money, I wonder what she is thinking. Surely she cannot support a family on the Skinny Girl franchise forever; she's not an A list actress, it just makes no sense to me. Hopefully she'll invest her cash wisely, cause like she said at the reunion, "I don't have a Bobby".

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4015809;
    His horns?
    That is hilarious!!!

Why do people who are celebrities think it gives them the right to be downright mean and nasty to others? I felt sooo bad for Max...that kind of treatment was so uncalled for. If I were B, I would have walked out and not even purchased anything from that Robert guy...but then again....that's me.

I might be the only one here who thinks this...but I actually am somewhat fearful for Bryn with B as a mom...you can see that B is still such a perfectionist and expects perfection not only out of herself, but everyone else too and if she doesn't get it, whomever is falling short of supplying it to her will hear about it, and not in a nice way. I sure hope she gets some inner healing before Bryn gets any older. Not sure if the counselor guy is helping any...he just seems to nod alot. She's going to learn quickly that kids are NEVER perfect and they cause alot of chaos in the home, just because they are kids and that's what kids do. If B doesn't let up on the perfectionism and criticism towards herself and others, she is going to have one screwed up and unhappy kid. Yes...you can see B loves Bryn and is excited and seems all mushy...but this is still all new and fun to her...wait until reality sets in. If she tries to force Bryn to be perfect and meet her unrealistic expectations of perfectionism...well...poor Bryn!!! I grew up with 2 very critical parents and according to them, I could NEVER do anything right...it's a very harsh environment to live in.

Did anyone notice when the nurse/nanny came in to wake up B to feed the baby...instead of breastfeeding the baby, she only pumped milk from her breasts, I suppose so the nurse could give the baby a bottle? Strange...

And Bredincaptivity...I like what you said about her kvetching...if she is like that now with ALL the help she has there...what's going to happen later on if she doesn't have all that help? We all did it and survived...without all the help she has...I had "c-sections" with both of my kids, nursed them both and managed anyway without any nurse or nanny...wait until she joins the "real" world...that is...if that ever happens. She and Jason have enough $$ to have a live-in nanny from now until Bryn goes to college...or at least it seems that way. She's clueless!

FORT Fogey

Reminds me of an old Friends episode when Monica freaked out that she wouldn't have a ribbon drawer anymore because the baby was going to take over the house. I missed the part where she pumped rather than feed. I guess so she could go back to sleep? I was surprised to hear her say to the nurse that the apartment was her home and that she (nurse) is family considering Jason's parents didn't stay that first week or whatever. That nurse is pretty no-nonsense. She does not seem like one to crack a joke or even, maybe, get one. And yet, I still like her.

I've been hoping that Jason will "soften" up Bethenny, but it's sure looking like he's enjoying the whole reality TV ride just as much, if not more, than she is.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Look at the perks. I'll bet you Bethenny's not making a paltry $3300 per month (by paltry, I mean compared to Bravo's ratings). I'll bet he was seduced with not much resistance. And, right now, not much backlash to deal with.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I am really enjoying the show and loving Bethenny and Jason with Bryn. Yes, Bethenny is kvetchy and still being a perfectionist --- but she's trying, and I think she's making progress. One of the things I like best about Bethenny is that she is very aware of her faults and is trying to make them better. And Jason is also aware of her faults, and in addition to loving her anyway, he is very supportive of her and is also trying to help her to be better. I am so happy that Bravo thought of doing the Bethenny spin-off, and even happier that Bethenny is letting the audience see so much of the very personal part of her life. I find her a complete delight - flaws and all!!!

+ Reply to Thread