+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Also.... just thinking, wasn't Patsy from Tori and Dean a baby nurse also? Or am I the only one who watches that show too? What her duty was really confused me when I first started watching. But, whatever, to each their own. If I can afford to hire help when I have kids, I will. But I get very overwhelmed easily at that would just be the best thing for us all, if I end up with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;4007673;
    Also.... just thinking, wasn't Patsy from Tori and Dean a baby nurse also? Or am I the only one who watches that show too? What her duty was really confused me when I first started watching. But, whatever, to each their own. If I can afford to hire help when I have kids, I will. But I get very overwhelmed easily at that would just be the best thing for us all, if I end up with kids.
    Yes, she was a baby nurse but I think they had her until her kids were a year old (I know it was longer than a month).

BTW, I like you avatar pic.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 07-27-2010 at 02:52 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4007644;
    I really am surprised anyone would think the baby nurse odd. It's done in the south and has been for a long time. Before I started school and my brother was a baby, we had a lady come to our house and take care of us. She also did laundry, cooked and cleaned the house. We were not rich and both of my parents worked at the time. She was like a member of our family.

Does anyone know which state Jason is from? I think a poster commented here that they knew the town he was from.
    Jason's from a small town in (Northern?) Pennsylvania.

Patsy, from Tori and Dean, is why I had such a reaction at first. I remember now. I saw the episode where she was leaving them, and it struck me as so unfair that Tori and Dean kept her around for a year, long enough for the babies to bond with her, just to make it easier for them, and then they had to separate. A nurse like Bethenny is hiring won't have that problem, since she's only there for a month.

A nanny is a servant, and I find live-in nannies to be odd. Baby nurses are more like health care professionals, or educators, at least that's how it sounds to me. Would you object to a new mom's mother coming to stay with her until she figured it out? That's how I look at it now.

FORT Fogey

They're all servants if they live in the house, are paid and serve. I don't think I could have let someone else tend to my babies at home. I was alert to every little cry and sound. No way would I want a stranger to sleep in my babies' room and care for him or her while I slept the night away.

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;4007668;
    No one else may care about this, but I was really intrigued so I had to research. This is that Mom Prep class she went too

Mom Prep

I've never heard of anything like this. I've heard of some things (very little) offered at hospitals but nothing like this. (Of course, I don't have kids so that may be why) I think this is such a cool idea!

This Mom prep class is interesting. I checked it out. They offer just about everything including a NONinvasive Tummytuck. It's some kind of technique you do while pregnant and after to keep you belly flat! Wonder if Bethenny attended that class! LOL Click on the site then click on Classes to see it.

I've never heard of a noninvasive tummytuck. I wonder how it's done?

FORT Fogey

Sounds like it's some sort of exercise? Bethenny may well have done it, since she lost that weight so fast! Although, part of that is probably that Bryn was so small and came a month early, and also I think I read somewhere that at some point any weight your gaining is just you, not the baby weight. I forget exactly what it was, but it was like if you gain weight during xyz months then it's all you and it's going to be harder to lose. Sorry I don't remember more!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;4012089;
    I've never heard of a noninvasive tummytuck. I wonder how it's done?
    It's got nothing at all to do with surgery.
    It's kind of a pilates / yoga type class, if you will.
    And they do work.
    And, Bethenny was already in good athletic shape and young enough to be able to get back into shape rather quickly.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Jason is from Hazleton, Penn. - about 150 miles from New York City. It doesn't look like a big town on the map.

WOW! I'm impressed with how well Beth was moving around! Yoga must really help! Ahhhhhhh and it made me miss having a tiny little newborn! Have to say that the Cookie situation makes me a little nervous. My dog bit my daughter, on the face when she was about 18 months old. It took 28 stitches and it was a nightmare! Sorry, you can't trust ANY dog and in our case it really wasn't the dog's fault. Too bad for Cookie that she WAS the baby but not anymore. It's time for a kennel (if she doesn't already have one). I'm surprised that she allows her to run around when people come over considering that she's a little snippy.
    On another note, are any of you having trouble getting on FORT? It takes forever (for me). Just wondering if I am the only one with this problem.

+ Reply to Thread