+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3933580;
    I don't have an ounce of respect for any of the people on any of the shows, and I watch for the bash appeal. I absolutely feel that Bethenny vomiting her father issues for the camera is a joke and I have very little sympathy for all the public whining she has done about it. I would treat her pain more sacredly if she did too and not broadcast it out there like so much...pee. Honestly, there is no respecting a person who pees in a trash can on camera in a wedding gown. Drunk women do that. Sorority girls gone wild do that. Not grown women with other people to consider. Between her public peeing and her fake therapy, she's proven how low she's willing to go for fame.
    I find the peeing on camera offensive, too. Otherwise, the show is fun and entertaining, loving and hope it stays that way. She's had the fame even without the show. I loved Sex and the City although there were a lot of crude parts that weren't my cup of today -- it didn't stop me from loving the series nor the movie. Might be wise for you just not to watch it and upset yourself.

FORT Fogey

Might be wise for you just not to watch it and upset yourself.
    If I need your advice I'll ask for it. This is not a fan board.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 06-15-2010 at 12:28 AM.

I'm speaking selfishly now to all posters ... PLEASE refrain from attacking others. We do not want to lose this thread; the season just started and I would like to have a place to discuss it.

So many things to discuss, and we do not have to agree about any of it: new intern Max, experienced intern Julie (?), baby Bryn, wedding plans/planner, baby shower, housewarming gift, overnight guests you don't know when SO is absent, and the list goes on.

The peeing thing disgusted me too, but not enough to give up watching. I don't think B is perfect, but I enjoy her wit and watching the change in her from Season 1 of RHNY to now with new relationship/pregnancy.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I won't stop watching. The fodder is too good. I thought B was funnier when she was more spontaneous. She now sounds like she's using material. I know she's Reality's sweetheart at the moment, but I'm hearing Jill is not the only diva who has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3934001;
    I'm speaking selfishly now to all posters ... PLEASE refrain from attacking others. We do not want to lose this thread; the season just started and I would like to have a place to discuss it.

So many things to discuss, and we do not have to agree about any of it: new intern Max, experienced intern Julie (?), baby Bryn, wedding plans/planner, baby shower, housewarming gift, overnight guests you don't know when SO is absent, and the list goes on.

The peeing thing disgusted me too, but not enough to give up watching. I don't think B is perfect, but I enjoy her wit and watching the change in her from Season 1 of RHNY to now with new relationship/pregnancy.
    Thank you.

For me, one of the aspects of the B/Dad issues is she is trying to have healthy relationships in her life and when you feel like you have been abandoned it is hard to trust people. (I know, I know...feelings so, 1979) The rest, I don't really know about. I have watched Intervention enough to understand she could be in a much worse place in life though.

Cookie is the star of the show as far as I'm concerned....I'm a fan and will be the first to watch when she gets her own show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne;3934163;
    For me, one of the aspects of the B/Dad issues is she is trying to have healthy relationships in her life and when you feel like you have been abandoned it is hard to trust people. (I know, I know...feelings so, 1979) The rest, I don't really know about. I have watched Intervention enough to understand she could be in a much worse place in life though.
    I think the thing that bothers me about it, and I hinted at it earlier, is that it's...minimized when it's on camera. It's like the whole thing with her pregnancy being announced. Yes, yes, Perez Hilton let the cat out of the bag, but honestly, she had already had a deal with People or something and there had to be a hundred people who knew she was pregnant before Perez Hilton did. If she really wanted to protect that information we all know that she could have. So, I think it's fake to pretend like she was all offended that news of the pregnancy got out. She could have easily controlled that and chose not to. Why? Because it's good TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3934418;
    I think the thing that bothers me about it, and I hinted at it earlier, is that it's...minimized when it's on camera. It's like the whole thing with her pregnancy being announced. Yes, yes, Perez Hilton let the cat out of the bag, but honestly, she had already had a deal with People or something and there had to be a hundred people who knew she was pregnant before Perez Hilton did. If she really wanted to protect that information we all know that she could have. So, I think it's fake to pretend like she was all offended that news of the pregnancy got out. She could have easily controlled that and chose not to. Why? Because it's good TV.
    I like Beth but I have to agree with you, on this one. It was very fake! Even from the moment that the assistant said something like "oh, no Perez wrote about you"! Her reaction was such bad acting. First it was like she's so famous and is so tired of being written about. Sure, you go on reality shows because you don't like being famous! Second, I didn't buy, for one minute, that she minded the pregnancy being leaked. Maybe, just maybe, she was a tiny bit worried about Jason's reaction but it also seemed like she was loving the attention. Mad Magazine used to do a cartoon called "The Shadow Knows" where it showed people acting one way but their shadow was acting the way that they really felt. In this case Beth's shadow was jumping up and down with joy! Celebrity hasn't been thrust upon Beth! She actively sought it out! A person doesn't do 3 reality shows if they don't like the attention!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3934449;
    I like Beth but I have to agree with you, on this one. It was very fake! Even from the moment that the assistant said something like "oh, no Perez wrote about you"! Her reaction was such bad acting. First it was like she's so famous and is so tired of being written about. Sure, you go on reality shows because you don't like being famous! Second, I didn't buy, for one minute, that she minded the pregnancy being leaked. Maybe, just maybe, she was a tiny bit worried about Jason's reaction but it also seemed like she was loving the attention. Mad Magazine used to do a cartoon called "The Shadow Knows" where it showed people acting one way but their shadow was acting the way that they really felt. In this case Beth's shadow was jumping up and down with joy! Celebrity hasn't been thrust upon Beth! She actively sought it out! A person doesn't do 3 reality shows if they don't like the attention!
    Right. How many people were on set the day she peed on the stick and discovered she was pregnant? All of those people knew before Jason and his parents did. Either that, or she knew already and just acted the whole thing out for cameras. Any one of those people could have let the cat out of the bag.

+ Reply to Thread