+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Oh, duh! That makes more sense...

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;4004172;
    Did I understand him to say he had a four year degree and was making $40,000? It was in the last episode where he was getting the underwear.

I have a four year degree and I was making less than that at his age. Isn't he like 25? I was making wayyyy less than that. Not every grad walks right out of the University straight into six figures

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4004262;
    I have a four year degree and I was making less than that at his age. Isn't he like 25? I was making wayyyy less than that. Not every grad walks right out of the University straight into six figures
    No, I didn't mean I was surprised that he would make that amount-- I was just curious if that's what he really said. I made way less than that with a four yr degree,too!

Something about him reminds me of a young Michael J. Fox.

Hibernating

[QUOTE=Something about him reminds me of a young Michael J. Fox.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I kept trying to figure out who he reminded me of. That's it!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;4004172;
    Did I understand him to say he had a four year degree and was making $40,000? It was in the last episode where he was getting the underwear.
    He said his uni cost $40,000 dollars a year, which I guess must mean he went to an Ivy League university. At those student loans he must have, I hope his degree is one that will pay.

I have a feeling his "internship" was more a casting by bravo specificially for this show and he wasn't meant to last long.

FORT Fogey

Plus, he's really bad at reading lines.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4002001;
    How was that story faked? Did she magically give birth without her water breaking? I kind of think you want to hate Bethenny. And if so, fine, I'll admit I want to hate some of the other housewives - Danielle, Tamra, Atlanta in general. Please don't take any offense, I truly find your comments on the other boards to be insightful and interesting, as I hope I've shown. But I'm thinking that maybe you're hatred for her makes you find fault in littler things than everyone else?
    THANK YOU tears.and.rain!!!! I totally agree!

And by the way, I just went back and rewatched that first scene where Bethenny was in the bathroom first telling Jason that her water had broken. if people had listened carefully, they were have heard that Bethenny did NOT claim that her water had just broken, at time of the FILMING --- NO, she said that her water MUST HAVE BROKEN DURING THE NIGHT (because it was still trickling down her legs). Bravo was NOT trying to pretend that the film crew was there DURING THE NIGHT, and that her water had just broken. BIG DIFFERENCE!

And also, by the way, I had a baby nurse for two weeks when each of my three babies were born, and it was a very common thing to do, in those days. Most of the people I knew did the same thing, and none of us were rich or indulged. The baby nurse went into action mainly from late evening, through the night and into the morning hours, (and got her rest during the later daylight hours). For Bethenny and Jason, I think it was the perfect solution because not only was Bethenny recovering from surgery (yes, a C-section is major abdominal surgery!!!), but neither of them knew how to care for a full term baby --- let alone tiny 4 lb baby Bryn who was 5 weeks premature --- and probably required a number of extra concerns and care. And, even with her new baby being her first priority, like it or not, Bethenny still had work obligations that she could not just abandon --- especially with the baby having been born 5 weeks early. So geez people, give her a break!!!!

FORT Fogey

How was that story faked?
    I don't mind fake so much if there are professional actors involved such as in a film or sitcom. That is to be expected because you know you're not watching a "real" life. Watching Bethenny and Jason run around pretending like her water broke is like watching my kids when they were little put on a performance. A lot of silliness and overacting. I would expect as much out of someone like Andy Cohen, but thought Bethenny would be too real to do something like that. I am especially surprised at Jason, who talks a good game, but when push comes to shove, he's ready to drop trou and get with the program.

FORT Fan

What I really liked about the last episode was when Jason and Bethenny would say things like "I'm going to be a daddy!", or "I can't wait until you are born." It was very sweet. Loved the smile on their faces.

FORT Fogey

Guys, that post was old... I thought the mods had taken everything about the subject down, as they should have. It really needs to end, it's not that big a deal.

Imperfect1 - thank you very much for shedding some light on the baby nurse situation! The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a good idea. For some reason I had it in my head that the nurse would essentially be a nanny, but that's not correct. I have a question though - did she do all the baby things for you when she went into action, or did she help you get the hang of it, so you could do it without her.

Boann - I agree. It couldn't have been more clear that they already loved her so much and were so excited. Seems to me that that was the main point of the episode, and was conveyed perfectly. It just melted my heart. And I thought Bethenny was a real trooper during her labor too.

+ Reply to Thread