+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Since there's no way to tell what is scripted or not on ANY of the so called reality shows, why the big fuss over this one? Why is this one being singled out so intensely? I honestly can't believe anyone would be so upset over one so called reality show when there are so many on so many different channels that pretend to be 'real'. Even a show like American Idol isn't 'real'. Geez... what happened to the fun of this forum?

The mods would like to ask everyone to dial down the confrontational attitude in this thread by about 90%.

If the conversation is about the posters in the thread, it's off-limits. Keep your focus on the show, not FORT members.

We have had to close down Real Housewife threads in the past and only reopened them with the understanding that the people posting in them will be courteous, civil, and interested in discussion. Don't let the idiots on the show rub off on you.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;4003604;
    Since there's no way to tell what is scripted or not on ANY of the so called reality shows, why the big fuss over this one? Why is this one being singled out so intensely? I honestly can't believe anyone would be so upset over one so called reality show when there are so many on so many different channels that pretend to be 'real'. Even a show like American Idol isn't 'real'. Geez... what happened to the fun of this forum?
    I agree. There are few reality shows that are not manipulated in some way. I'm still entertained by most of them so I don't care how real it is or is not. If Bethenny's water broke 3 hours before the crew arrived and had her relive it its no big deal to me.

FORT Fogey

I've never seen one recreate an event so blatantly on Bravo. Is there an example of where this has occurred on any other Housewives show? Someone mentioned the eviction scene with Lynne's kids. That was obviously staged. This was not manipulated. It simply didn't happen on camera. Manipulated means getting two people to the same party so maybe you can film an argument or awkward moment.

I was reading the blogs on Bravo and then I saw where Bethenny had another 2nd assistant. Did Max leave?? If so, it's kinda strange that they would have him blog.
    Hope they show Bryn on the next episode, she's a cutie!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Going on what Bethenny tweeted last week, Max was an intern. She has a new 2nd assistant named Jackie who worked part time for her last summer.

Okay, I've been surrounded by kids this weekend so I'm not thinking clearly ... Is Max still working for Bethenny or was his 'internship' just temporary?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I'm assuming that it was temporary. Most internships are, but some then become jobs. Probably he didn't want to work for Bethenny forever.

Did I understand him to say he had a four year degree and was making $40,000? It was in the last episode where he was getting the underwear.

FORT Fan

It was my impression that it was 4 years of college AT $40,000 a year, i.e. the cost of his university education.

+ Reply to Thread