+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4002015;
    Has anyone else noticed that Bethenny has a real fear of being one as well as a dislike for people who are overweight?
    I remember reading that Bethenney had issues with her weight and an eating disorder when younger as well as a mom who had bulimia. That could explain a lot of it. I don't think she has necessarily gotten over that. I do think she seems insecure, but I don't see her as disliking those who are overweight. I don't think it is unusual to feel fat when pregnant and not really like how you look, but I thik someone with body image issues it would be a lot harder than normal. I don't remember seeing what everyone keeps mentioning about her laughing at a fat woman falling and being rude about it--what episode was that?

And I will also comment on the many posts of her fake water-breaking scene. I think it is obvious it was staged and I really don't see why it was needed. We didn't need anything about her bodily fluids. Many women don't have their water break on its own and have to have it done in the hospital (mine never broke on its own for my babies except the twins). so it isn't as if we needed to see a dramatic scene about the water breaking since it isn't needed. IF they had happened to catch it for real, fine, but if not there is no need to recreate that--we don't have to know EVERYTHING. They had a lot of nice hospital footage and I liked that part better because it wasn't scripted and it really was sweet to see them talking to the baby. I could have done without the underwear mission with Max too. To me they had enough to make for good tv without making obvious fake scenes.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 07-25-2010 at 08:58 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4003190;
    The scene with the assistant and the baby nurse was either filmed after Bethenny had given birth or they did know the sex of the baby beforehand. They were going through the baby's things and there were dresses and a lot of pink. We were led to believe that this was going on while B was on labor.
    No, I think that was not staged. The baby nurse would have HAD to be there when Bethenny got home, and she would have had to be shown the ropes before the baby got there, so it seems quite plausible.

What could have happened was that even though Julie showed the nurse mostly pink/dresses, there were other things but they were edited out because it is, after all a girl, which they knew while editing. That being said, I didn't see THAT much pink.

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't be surprised if, given Bethenny's attention to detail, she bought both girls' and boys' clothes, and planned to have one of her assistants return the ones that weren't appropriate after the baby was born. Who knows ... all this dwelling on minutiae makes my head swim. There are glaring inconsistencies and plot developments that don't make sense in major motion pictures, for cripes sake! Why expect a low-budget TV reality show on Bravo to get everything "right"?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4002881;
    What? That made no sense to me. Are you saying you thought the table scene was faked? Because I get anxious just watching it... I think that was real. No one's a good enough actor to pull of the "exorcist" moment Teresa had there.

It makes more sense if you're saying the equivalent of faking the water breaking is faking the table flip. But still, IMO, it's not the same. The table flip was a game-changing moment, and one that wasn't OBVIOUSLY going to happen anyway. It was an actual "plot point" in the story. Getting footage of the water breaking is not the same, at all, because everyone knows it's going to happen. There's nothing surprising about it - that's what happens when you have a baby! Your water breaks! It's not like Bravo setting that up changed the "storyline" at all!
    No, that's why I used the table scene as an example. You might want to reread what I actually said. My point is that wouldn't it be really lame if Bravo had recreated the whole table fight scene because they MISSED THE REAL ONE? Or, how about when Jill arrived at scary island. What if the cameras had missed that and Jill had to go back another day and pretend she just got there for the cameras? To me, pretending to be in labor and yelling there's water coming out of your vagina is just as bad.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;4003234;
    I don't remember seeing what everyone keeps mentioning about her laughing at a fat woman falling and being rude about it--what episode was that?
    It was the episode in Atlantic City where she said of the fallen woman "That's a whole lot of woman".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4003348;
    I wouldn't be surprised if, given Bethenny's attention to detail, she bought both girls' and boys' clothes, and planned to have one of her assistants return the ones that weren't appropriate after the baby was born. Who knows ... all this dwelling on minutiae makes my head swim. There are glaring inconsistencies and plot developments that don't make sense in major motion pictures, for cripes sake! Why expect a low-budget TV reality show on Bravo to get everything "right"?
    A movie doesn't tout itself as being reality. I watch this kind of programming because I like to see people's real lives play out, not reenactments. I remember when the first Real World aired, which was our first look at reality programming (aside from An American Family which aired in the early 70's) the producers made the statement that "If a situation arises and the cameras aren't there, it didn't happen". Today's programmig has taken a drastic turn from that way of thinking.

FORT Fogey

A movie doesn't tout itself as being reality. I watch this kind of programming because I like to see people's real lives play out, not reenactments. I remember when the first Real World aired, which was our first look at reality programming (aside from An American Family which aired in the early 70's) the producers made the statement that "If a situation arises and the cameras aren't there, it didn't happen". Today's programmig has taken a drastic turn from that way of thinking.
    Thank you! This is exactly what I'm saying. It should have at least come with the disclaimer: The following is a reenactment. Also, she was so over the top acting, that it begs the question when is she real and when is she faking? Even Jason questioned her commitment to the cameras over his commitment to him.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-25-2010 at 11:09 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;4003234;
    I remember reading that Bethenney had issues with her weight and an eating disorder when younger as well as a mom who had bulimia. That could explain a lot of it. I don't think she has necessarily gotten over that. I do think she seems insecure, but I don't see her as disliking those who are overweight. I don't think it is unusual to feel fat when pregnant and not really like how you look, but I thik someone with body image issues it would be a lot harder than normal. I don't remember seeing what everyone keeps mentioning about her laughing at a fat woman falling and being rude about it--what episode was that?

And I will also comment on the many posts of her fake water-breaking scene. I think it is obvious it was staged and I really don't see why it was needed. We didn't need anything about her bodily fluids. Many women don't have their water break on its own and have to have it done in the hospital (mine never broke on its own for my babies except the twins). so it isn't as if we needed to see a dramatic scene about the water breaking since it isn't needed. IF they had happened to catch it for real, fine, but if not there is no need to recreate that--we don't have to know EVERYTHING. They had a lot of nice hospital footage and I liked that part better because it wasn't scripted and it really was sweet to see them talking to the baby. I could have done without the underwear mission with Max too. To me they had enough to make for good tv without making obvious fake scenes.
    This is what I think too. They had plenty of real footage, the fake waterbreak wasn't as hysterical as they seemed to think it was. Without other housewives to contribute to the drama, drama Bethenny freely participated in, they have to cook up situations that try to be funny and cute, but miss the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4003369;
    It was the episode in Atlantic City where she said of the fallen woman "That's a whole lot of woman".

I remember watching an interview with Kristin Cavallari when she was on Laquna Beach (anyone remember/watch that show?) She said that a lot of events we saw had already happened (like break ups or fights) and they just re-did them for the show. I'm sure most 'reality' shows are like that now. The only true reality show I can think of right now is Deadliest Catch.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a cameraperson stay the night the night her water broke 'just in case'.

FORT Fan

Oh dear. Next you'll be telling me that the chefs on Iron Chef America have a list of possibilities for the secret ingredient beforehand and that the chairman's nephew is not Japanese nor his nephew, that Kathy Griffin plans out her season's theme in advance and that Rachel Ray has a crew of people who prep for her and clean up in-between segments.

We really don't know sufficient details of when Bethenny's water broke in relation to when the camera crews arrived. For example, it could just as easily been the case that Bethenny started having mild contractions in the middle of the night, and a camera crew either arrived for the daily taping or they were called because this was significant enough to film even if the contractions ended up being a false alarm. Her water broke after the film crew arrived - so everything that happened was not staged.

I don't understand why Bethenny's show is being singled out for such ire because everything may not have happened exactly as shown.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;4003471;
    I remember watching an interview with Kristin Cavallari when she was on Laquna Beach (anyone remember/watch that show?) She said that a lot of events we saw had already happened (like break ups or fights) and they just re-did them for the show. I'm sure most 'reality' shows are like that now. The only true reality show I can think of right now is Deadliest Catch.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a cameraperson stay the night the night her water broke 'just in case'.
    You can tell The Hills created (or recreated) entire events. That's why it was such a dumb show and why it got made fun of so much.

+ Reply to Thread