+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Yeah, well, be me. You'll get offended a lot. It's not a documentary, but why call it reality if they are recreating entire events? By the way, I said Bravo thinks their viewers are naive. So, even I was naive for believing for a minute that these people running around with water on the bed were actually telling the truth. Instead they were playacting an entire event before or well after it even happened. That's absurd. Why not voice over and say, "Oh, we couldn't get the real deal, but we're going to reenact the whole thing for you, right down the water running out of Bethenny's vagina." It's so incredibly lame of her, and, quite frankly, I'm shocked. I thought she was a little cooler than that.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4002330;
    Yeah, well, be me. You'll get offended a lot. It's not a documentary, but why call it reality if they are recreating entire events? By the way, I said Bravo thinks their viewers are naive. So, even I was naive for believing for a minute that these people running around with water on the bed were actually telling the truth. Instead they were playacting an entire event before or well after it even happened. That's absurd. Why not voice over and say, "Oh, we couldn't get the real deal, but we're going to reenact the whole thing for you, right down the water running out of Bethenny's vagina." It's so incredibly lame of her, and, quite frankly, I'm shocked. I thought she was a little cooler than that.
    I know, right? It's off-putting. I think that Theresa's labor and delivery was completely staged, too.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4002319;
    I'm sorry for your struggles.
    Thank you ubidiah!

FORT Fan

While I don't know for sure the sequence of events (none of us do really), my guess would be that Bethenny's water broke in the middle of the night, and then she went back to bed (hopefully) to sleep, as she wasn't having contractions close together, until the Bravo crew showed up in the morning. There are too many continuity issues otherwise that they would have to get right if they filmed the apartment part at a separate time. For example Bethenny jokes about the bagel she should have eaten while in the hospital, referring back to a conversation that had occurred earlier in the car on the way to the hospital. So yeah I agree that the "oh my god we're having a baby" conversation was staged, maybe even Jason calling his parents - though it wouldn't be unreasonable for a person to wait until morning to call in these circumstances. I think that everything from at least the call to Jason's parents was in real time. I.e. the two of them getting ready and packing at the apartment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4002306;
    Tears and rain...you'll never know how truly blessed you are being naturally thin...having had to fight a weight issue for over 50 years has been very draining and taken up alot of my time that could have been spent doing other things!
    I have lots of friends who struggle with their weight and it kills me to watch their troubles. I am so sorry for your struggle. For what it's worth, I think bigger, healthy-looking girls are gorgeous!

I think it's possible that the scene in the car was legit, because the camera crew could have met them right before they left.

I think her comments about how huge she is while 6, 7, or 8 months pregnant are not unusual and is not an indication of having an issue with weight. I have known several pregnant women and they have all, at one point, commented on how huge they were later in their pregnancy. They didn't all have weight issues prior to being pregnant.

I was offended by her comment after the lady fell but I'm sure we've said mean spirited things about people that we wished we could take back. Hopefully this is one of hers; if not then shame one her.

Maybe she does have an underlying fear of being overweight but I have not really seen it.

Speaking for myself here, on fake vs. nonfake footage -- I always thought most of the RH and BGM takes are scripted, propped, planned, premeditated, deliberate, and programmed to the hilt. Are we supposed to think the actions and dialog are REAL, as in spontaneous?

What I do believe is real - well, somewhat - is the character, intelligence of lack thereof, ethics, morals, sensibilities, principles, values, that kind of thing - I believe the portrayals are pretty much accurate.

For example, Caroline Manzo is portrayed as sensible, family-loving, and mature. Beverly aka Danielle is portrayed as a sociopath. The specific scenes are staged (aren't they?), but the personality representations seem accurate.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

To me it's the equivalent of the big dinner where Teresa flips the table. Let's say all the players had a dinner and a fight started and Teresa flipped the table. But, the Bravo cameras missed it. So, they set up a new table, had everyone fake argue and Teresa flipped the table again. In the fake fight everyone sounds weird because they're not really mad, and they all have odd little smiles because they all know it's fake.

FORT Fogey

What? That made no sense to me. Are you saying you thought the table scene was faked? Because I get anxious just watching it... I think that was real. No one's a good enough actor to pull of the "exorcist" moment Teresa had there.

It makes more sense if you're saying the equivalent of faking the water breaking is faking the table flip. But still, IMO, it's not the same. The table flip was a game-changing moment, and one that wasn't OBVIOUSLY going to happen anyway. It was an actual "plot point" in the story. Getting footage of the water breaking is not the same, at all, because everyone knows it's going to happen. There's nothing surprising about it - that's what happens when you have a baby! Your water breaks! It's not like Bravo setting that up changed the "storyline" at all!

The scene with the assistant and the baby nurse was either filmed after Bethenny had given birth or they did know the sex of the baby beforehand. They were going through the baby's things and there were dresses and a lot of pink. We were led to believe that this was going on while B was on labor.

+ Reply to Thread