+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4002135;
    Yeah, that's just me. I watch, and love to hate it. Oh well, different strokes. Do you watch RHoNJ? Do you watch it because you like and admire the women on that show? I don't. I watch it so I can make fun of them after.
    I didn't say anyone has to like and admire the stars of a show. I just said I don't feel the need to criticize every little thing. There's a difference between "making fun of" and being continuously and unrelentingly hyper-critical of someone. And actually, I do like the Manzos and Lauritas. I doubt anyone really likes Danielle. Most of what's gone down between all of them has been staged, prompted and manipulated by Bravo, anyway. Because it's a reality show.

FORT Fogey

Oh, it's not every little thing. Today it's the fake water-breaking scene. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Something, I'm sure. Just think, I don't even watch all the episodes. If I did, I'd have a field day.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4002144;
    Hmmm...she's venomous towards overweight people? I don't know if I'd go that far, but if you interpret it that way. I would more say she was snarky about it. Like those two women she'd never seen before in the CPR class that she called Stepford Wives. Two complete strangers just sitting there and got insulted for no other reason than showing up. That might have been venomous, but even then, it's a little strong.
    Thank you for calling that to my attention. I'm obviously not so familiar with the fine points of venom.

FORT Fogey

I am a stickler for words.

I'm watching this week's episode right now...boy...Jason looks a million times better with the scruff on his face! Hope he keeps it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4002181;
    I am a stickler for words.
    Well then, you might have noticed that in my post where I used the word "venom," in that sentence I was referring to "us" and "them" generally speaking and not specifically to Bethenny. I referred to her and her sense of humor in the next part of my post.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4002135;
    Yeah, that's just me. I watch, and love to hate it. Oh well, different strokes. Do you watch RHoNJ? Do you watch it because you like and admire the women on that show? I don't. I watch it so I can make fun of them after.
    Personally, I don't watch unless at least someone on the show is enjoyable to me. I like Jacqueline and Caroline and Dina on RHONJ so I watch that one. All of the Atlanta women make me want to pull my hair out, so I leave that one alone.

I agree that "skinny" sounds unattractive. I'm blessed with being naturally thin, but I get offended when someone calls me skinny. Just the word sounds unhealthy, like something you'd use to describe a bug.

Tears and rain...you'll never know how truly blessed you are being naturally thin...having had to fight a weight issue for over 50 years has been very draining and taken up alot of my time that could have been spent doing other things!

FORT Fogey

I'm sorry for your struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4002262;
    PERSONALLY,I DON'T WATCH UNLESS AT LEAST SOMEONE ON THE SHOW IS ENJOYABLE TO ME. I like Jacqueline and Caroline and Dina on RHONJ so I watch that one. All of the Atlanta women make me want to pull my hair out, so I leave that one alone.

I agree that "skinny" sounds unattractive. I'm blessed with being naturally thin, but I get offended when someone calls me skinny. Just the word sounds unhealthy, like something you'd use to describe a bug.
    I'm the same way. I don't enjoy watching a show if I don't care for the characters or main character.

I feel like the whole water breaking bit was filmed in advance, maybe she'd been having some pains and they wanted to capture what could 'most probably' happen. She still looked pregnant to me by her swollen face and neck. I know I may be one of the "naive watchers"(and that offends me by the way:nono).... but I certainly enjoyed the episode, scripted parts or not. No big deal to me. Like was said, it's not a documentary for heavens sake. It's BRAVO!

+ Reply to Thread