+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

I guess we're all just going to have to live with not knowing if the white blob was actually iguana poop, if Bethenny was really gagging, if she actually had to pee in her wedding dress (because we all know that 3rd trimester pregnant women never have to pee), or if her big naked belly was faked in the water-breaking scene. Speaking only for myself, I think I can go forward and live quite nicely without an affidavit as to the absolute truth of any or all of the preceding scenes. Of course, all of the scenes in all of the other reality shows on this board are free of any producer manipulation, scripting, or prompting.

FORT Fogey

I just hope she doesn't go around saying how real she is. 'Cause she's not. And, if Jill Zarin pulled a stunt like that, there'd be hell to pay. Bethenny says she does everything on camera. What she forgot to say is that if they miss it, she's perfectly willing to reenact it and call it real. Or just fake a story altogether.

FORT Fogey

How was that story faked? Did she magically give birth without her water breaking? I kind of think you want to hate Bethenny. And if so, fine, I'll admit I want to hate some of the other housewives - Danielle, Tamra, Atlanta in general. Please don't take any offense, I truly find your comments on the other boards to be insightful and interesting, as I hope I've shown. But I'm thinking that maybe you're hatred for her makes you find fault in littler things than everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4001788;
    Why did they fake it? I thought she was real and she just lets it all hang out there and they FAKED a whole scene with her running around and him running around.

because she couldn't have the Bravo crew living in their house 24/7 and you can't schedule when your water will break?

btw if your expectations for reality TV are that everything will be filmed as it happens and nothing will ever ever be staged, than I suggest you never watch a Kardashians show. Or anything else on E, for that matter

Has anyone else noticed that Bethenny has a real fear of being one as well as a dislike for people who are overweight?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4002009;
    btw if your expectations for reality TV are that everything will be filmed as it happens and nothing will ever ever be staged, than I suggest you never watch a Kardashians show. Or anything else on E, for that matter
    I don't. Because they are super-contrived. I figure there are levels of fakery. You can put people in a situation and then film what happens, or whatever. I never really thought that Bravo would completely fake an entire scene like that. I understand that they couldn't be there for the real water-breaking. I just don't understand why they would pretend that they were. There was plenty of "real" footage at the hospital to work with. Bethenny brags about being real. Even Tamra Barney questioned it. I guess without the drama of the other housewives, they have to make it up scene for scene and line for line. Come on. You thought the water-break scene was real, right? How stupid is it to watch it now knowing it was all made up. It's dumb, isn't it? Everyone running around half-naked pretending a baby is coming. It's not the same show if they are faking scenes.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-24-2010 at 04:58 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4002001;
    How was that story faked? Did she magically give birth without her water breaking? I kind of think you want to hate Bethenny. And if so, fine, I'll admit I want to hate some of the other housewives - Danielle, Tamra, Atlanta in general. Please don't take any offense, I truly find your comments on the other boards to be insightful and interesting, as I hope I've shown. But I'm thinking that maybe you're hatred for her makes you find fault in littler things than everyone else?
    Oh, I don't hate her, honey. I just don't like her. But I love to talk about her. Just like we talk about ALL the housewives. Not just the ones that everyone agrees not to like. I definitley like to think for myself, and I am a rather critical thinker. So, when they call it reality then script the entire thing, well, that's just not reality, is it? If it were a sitcom, I'd say fake away. But, remember, she calls herself real. You see, it wasn't that long ago that everyone loved Teresa, and I said she is horrible.

FORT Fogey

Okay. Fair enough. In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't like her as much on RHONY as I do on her show. And, although everyone looooves Kandi, I really don't. So I get it. Again, I hope I didn't offend.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4002015;
    Has anyone else noticed that Bethenny has a real fear of being one as well as a dislike for people who are overweight?
    I read that she had issues with weight when she was younger. I've never noticed the dislike of overweight people. Can you give an example?

+ Reply to Thread