+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Perhaps it was filmed right before her water broke, in anticipation of that happening sometime in the near future, so they would have footage. Not that they could have anticipated an early delivery, but maybe they just wanted to be prepared. As she was shown naked except for blurry boobs in those scenes, a fake belly would have been noticeable. It has to attach in some way! If somebody wanted to prove the point, they could perhaps find that video on youtube (if it's there), and see if the belly was tied on, glued on, or whatever. If I remember, she was shown from the side, so a seam or something between a fake belly and her skin would have to be visible.

FORT Fogey

Actually, who's to say they didn't do it beforehand? It would make sense to me, if I were filming a pregnant lady, to get the footage of the "water breaking" when she was big enough to be believable, in the likely event that there wouldn't be a camera crew to get it. I don't think it says anything about the other scenes, or proves that they're acting all the time. Logistically, it just makes sense. Also, I'm pretty sure her face was still swollen to it's monstrous proportions.

If you look at the episode though, that's definitely the scene that seems scripted and least believable. I've never been in labor, but I'm assuming it'd be pretty tough to act during it. And I thought the footage of themselves talking to the coming baby was sweet. The scene with Julie and the nurse and Julie and Max (I always want to call him Zach....) getting ready both seemed genuine.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4001753;
    Actually, who's to say they didn't do it beforehand? It would make sense to me, if I were filming a pregnant lady, to get the footage of the "water breaking" when she was big enough to be believable, in the likely event that there wouldn't be a camera crew to get it. I don't think it says anything about the other scenes, or proves that they're acting all the time. Logistically, it just makes sense. Also, I'm pretty sure her face was still swollen to it's monstrous proportions.

If you look at the episode though, that's definitely the scene that seems scripted and least believable. I've never been in labor, but I'm assuming it'd be pretty tough to act during it. And I thought the footage of themselves talking to the coming baby was sweet. The scene with Julie and the nurse and Julie and Max (I always want to call him Zach....) getting ready both seemed genuine.
    Ha! Looks like we had the same thought at the same time!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4001538;
    I am not sure how close they are however I know the type of person Carol is & how great she is going to be as a grandmother. The entire Hoppy/Dematt family is close so going to help a new mommy & baby is what the familes from this area do best. They come bearing corning ware casseroles of food, presents for the baby & give the new mommy some catch-up-sleep time.

Whether Bethenny comes to accept this family is her decision but this family does come with tons of unconditional love.
    I never questioned the amount of love or whether or not they'd offer to help. I'm sure Carol is going to be a fantastic grandmother, and that they will be close enough very soon that she will be a huge help to Bethenny. I'm just saying, I can understand why Bethenny wouldn't be comfortable with that arrangement just yet. I mean, having a newborn and trying to get to know your MIL at the same time seems like a Herculean task. I don't think it's indicative of whether not Bethenny is accepting them or not, which is another reason I would think she'd be uncomfortable - really wanting to please rather than just focusing on how it's going to work between her and her baby, what's right for them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4001753;

Why did they fake it? I thought she was real and she just lets it all hang out there and they FAKED a whole scene with her running around and him running around. What else do they fake? I dont care if they filmed it before or after the delivery, the fact that they faked it all is surprising for all her realness. I knew the iguana scene was faked too. You could tell she was fake gagging. Just like you could tell the whole Costco thing was a set up. They'll probably stage a fake reunion with her mom too.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-24-2010 at 04:12 PM.

FORT Fogey

I'm sure if the scene was "faked," as apparently it was due to the difference in time of day, it was done for a very good reason in this case ....because when her water actually did break, she and Jason would not want to wait around for the camera crew to get there to film it, as that could endanger the entire delivery process!

FORT Fogey

Exactly! I would think people would actually be relieved that this scene was staged, otherwise it could have serious health implications.

FORT Fogey

Why would I be relieved that they fake scenes on their reality show? Why include the scene at all if they didn't really capture it? They had loads of hospital footage, so we need to see fake fluids on TV? I'm betting the Iguana crap was yogurt. And she probably never needed to pee at all in her wedding dress so that was all contrived too. So disingenuous.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-24-2010 at 04:29 PM.

FORT Fogey

Maybe it was the producer's idea? I mean, I thought it was kind of cute how excited Jason was and how stressed Bethenny was. I can bet that's close to how it went down. Jason being happy and excited and Bethenny being freaked out that she wasn't ready. If it had to be simulated due to health concerns and/or time constraints/logistics, so what? It's a TV show for goodness sakes! Not evidence in a crime or something!

FORT Fogey

I'm sure it was the producer's idea. Just seems like, you know, for a reality show someone would say, "Hey, none of this is real." I think they must think their audience is pretty naive. They were totally into it though. Someone missed their calling. Reality television is supposed to document real events, not play-acting.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-24-2010 at 04:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread