+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Well personally I don't see her "whining" about it and playing the "victim". I think she's allowed to talk about her childhood and her experience in it. She's allowed to say it effected her, made some things, like trusting people, more difficult for her, without being called a whiner and a victim. She doesn't say "woah is me I can't overcome this it's all my parent's fault" She says "I have a wonderful life, but I have some issues I need some help to deal with because of a difficult childhood."

I had someone once tell me that I didn't have a bad childhood because I didn't have the exact same problems they did. Their family had to worry about paying the rent. My family was not well off, but was stable financially, therefore my childhood wasn't bad. Somehow they felt like they had to compete for "worst childhood" because if theirs wasn't the worst then they had no excuse for their behavior maybe? She couldn't accept that others had crappy, though different, experiences.

I wouldn't ever presume to say what someone else's experience was and judge whether they had a right to have been effected by it, especially only knowing maybe 5% of the details. Just because I had a different experience doesn't mean mine was a good childhood.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 06-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.

FORT Fogey

Oh, she has the right to be affected by her father, but I think she/Bravo uses it to create issues and drama. I pray we don't have to suffer through any more therapy sessions. I don't think her shrink even understood what she was talking about. I sure didn't. She is definitely selling her daddy issues. I guess that's to be expected for a woman who pees on TV repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3933158;
    She is definitely selling her daddy issues.
    How?

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3933158;
    Oh, she has the right to be affected by her father, but I think she/Bravo uses it to create issues and drama. I pray we don't have to suffer through any more therapy sessions. I don't think her shrink even understood what she was talking about. I sure didn't. She is definitely selling her daddy issues. I guess that's to be expected for a woman who pees on TV repeatedly.
    Her therapist knew what she was talking about....as did I....and a lot of other viewers. I don't see how she's selling her daddy issues, but thats just me. She's selling a show about herself, Bethenny. Its about her day to day life, her marriage, her business, her pregnancy, her dog, her family, her dad just so happens to be a part of her life.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Wasn't she talking to the therapist about getting married and he asked about her parents? Ok maybe they told him to ask but isn't that how therapy works?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3933011;
    You're being a bit dramatic here. She isn't selling her 'harrowing' story to anyone but it is part of her.

The first two seasons her dad was hardly brought up and considering that her dad was dying this season I don't think he was brought all that much this season.

Just because you feel that your father might have been worse than her's doesn't make her father anything less of an a*hole to her. I'm sure there are people out there with worse fathers than yours....would that change the way you view your childhood with your father? No.

Well said. Looks like this is getting to be like the Jill/Bethenny/RHONY bashing/TEAM mentality/psychobabble. Gosh, I don't have the strength as all the same discussions have been beaten to death and still going on on the RHONY websites and blogs -- ad infinutum. That's the beauty of the Bethenny Getting Married Show -- so much fun and entertaining. It was so pleasant that I forgot he was ever a "Housewife." Nor did her history even enter my mind.

Either way, people tend to forget that this stuff was filmed over 6 months ago.

I'm just gearing up for the Reunion Part 2 and read the tweet and FB post by all the haters tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3933441;
    Her therapist knew what she was talking about....as did I....and a lot of other viewers. I don't see how she's selling her daddy issues, but thats just me. She's selling a show about herself, Bethenny. Its about her day to day life, her marriage, her business, her pregnancy, her dog, her family, her dad just so happens to be a part of her life.
    Agreed!

FORT Fogey

Well said. Looks like this is getting to be like the Jill/Bethenny/RHONY bashing/TEAM mentality/psychobabble.
    I don't have an ounce of respect for any of the people on any of the shows, and I watch for the bash appeal. I absolutely feel that Bethenny vomiting her father issues for the camera is a joke and I have very little sympathy for all the public whining she has done about it. I would treat her pain more sacredly if she did too and not broadcast it out there like so much...pee. Honestly, there is no respecting a person who pees in a trash can on camera in a wedding gown. Drunk women do that. Sorority girls gone wild do that. Not grown women with other people to consider. Between her public peeing and her fake therapy, she's proven how low she's willing to go for fame.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3933580;
    I don't have an ounce of respect for any of the people on any of the shows, and I watch for the bash appeal. I absolutely feel that Bethenny vomiting her father issues for the camera is a joke and I have very little sympathy for all the public whining she has done about it. I would treat her pain more sacredly if she did too and not broadcast it out there like so much...pee. Honestly, there is no respecting a person who pees in a trash can on camera in a wedding gown. Drunk women do that. Sorority girls gone wild do that. Not grown women with other people to consider. Between her public peeing and her fake therapy, she's proven how low she's willing to go for fame.
    Do you have a problem with it being on TV or the fact that she peed in a trash can? Cause honestly a lot of women on their wedding day pee in really awkward ways. To me it seems that you have an issue with how she took a pee as you think only trashy people resort to such measures.

FORT Fogey

Both. (There's probably a lot more I have a problem with, but only saw the episode once.) I can totally see peeing in awkward ways, but not on camera. And if Jason didn't propose on camera, I wonder how much of that was actually his doing.

+ Reply to Thread