+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3999706;
    Uhhh, here's the thing, she was 5 or 6 weeks early and Bravo was in her apartment while she was presumably asleep and her water broke. So, do they sleep in her apartment in case she goes into early labor or did she call them and say, "Get over her, my water broke!" I thought that if your water breaks, you're supposed to go to the hospital now! I've never been in early labor, but that would have terrified me being more than a month early. Also, I sort of think they planted all that fake water around, and it was obvious that Jason was not really asleep like he pretended to be.

As to the nurse, she is sleeping in the same room as the baby, not the mama or the papa, so I would say the nurse does everything that no one else feels like doing. I don't get it. Babies aren't that hard to take care of.

Why does stupid Max get so much attention? He's not even that cute. That long-suffering girl, Julie?, she is my absolute favorite. She couldn't have been happier to see the nurse, and the nurse couldn't have cared less. I love those two together. Julie: We're a family! Nurse: I'm out of here in 30 days, hear me?
    You're entirely right. Don't know if you saw my post after that.... at the bottom I apologized, and amended my opinion.

You know the more I think about it, the more a nurse makes sense for Bethenny. Especially considering that Bryn came early, that neither Bethenny nor Jason have any experience with babies, and that Bethenny really doesn't have a family support system. From the previews for the next episode, it seemed like the nurse was getting Bethenny out of bed and for feeding and such.

I like Julie a lot, she cracks me up, but I also like Max. Not because he's cute or whatever, just because.

When each of my babies were born, my mother stayed a week then my mother in law stayed a week. The scariest thing in the whole world was with my oldest when the door shut behind her that final week and I was responsible for this precious little life. I don't know why Jason's mom didn't but that's why she wanted a baby nurse. She never babysat and the thought of changing a diaper mystified her.

When I was in labor with my oldest it took forever and the doctor and anesthesiologist were complaining to each other about missing steak dinners with their wives. I responded "Try ice chips!" and became the nurses' favorite.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I don't know that Jason's mom and Bethenny are close enough yet that that's comfortable for her, which I can understand. But then, they must have come for a little while because the previews show a clip of them visiting Bethenny in the hospital.

I can understand that fear. I can't imagine being responsible for another life.

FORT Fogey

The thing with having a baby is that when it happens, it feels like it's always been there. They are scarier as they get older. Exponentially.

FORT Fogey

Yeah I understand. But weren't you scared before your first one that it wouldn't be natural like that?

I don't think it's a big deal that she has a nurse there. She had a c-section so her mobility is going to be slower for a bit. She probably can not lift the baby like she could If she had a natural birth which I assume will make things bit tricky. Yeah, Jason is there but he doesn't seem that experienced with kids either and maybe he goes back to work after a week. Plus, isn't only for a month?

My mom isn't around anymore so she won't be able to help like a lot of grandmother's do. My MIL lives 2 hours away and works so she might not be able to help like she will want too. If I had disposal income I would have a nurse come too.

Last edited by Hobbes07; 07-23-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4000669;
    I don't know that Jason's mom and Bethenny are close enough yet that that's comfortable for her, which I can understand. But then, they must have come for a little while because the previews show a clip of them visiting Bethenny in the hospital.

I can understand that fear. I can't imagine being responsible for another life.
    I thought the same thing about Jason's mom and Bethenny not really being that close. Mrs. Hoppy seems SO sweet and like she'd be the perfect grandmother and mother in law-- but LIVING with someone is certainly stressful, no matter how much you like them. My daughter likes her mother in law but tells me she just can't totally relax and be herself the times her MIL has spent the week with them after each child was born. She's grateful for her MIL's help, but relieved when it's time for her to leave.

I love Jason....but he seems like he was as much help as tits on a boar hog. God bless him...all he wanted to do was make phone calls. After I heard them admit they'd neither one EVER changed a diaper...I thought uh oh. I'm all for the nurse....get'em a herd of nurses...they can break Bethenny and Jason in proper..let Grandma Hoppy arrive later. Don't worry...I'm a Mammaw too...I'm sure Grandma Hoppy will have Bryn all she wants in no time at all.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4000707;
    Yeah I understand. But weren't you scared before your first one that it wouldn't be natural like that?
    Oh, yeah. I said earlier that I get that. I even understand why she hired a nurse.

FORT Fanatic

Jason laying in the...whatever comes out when your water breaks...was gross. XD He was sitting there casually talking on the phone and it was all over the bed. Also reason number 763 to not ever get pregnant.

+ Reply to Thread