+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 97 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

It was good to see Lenox Hill Hospital.
    My niece worked there for many years and had both her kids there.
    It's a good hospital and, because of its location, one that is frequented by many of the rich and famous.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3999677;
    I never heard of anyone going to the hospital immediately after their water broke. I wonder if that was at the request of the camera crew, and the hospital went along for the publicity? I've never had a baby, yet I seemed to know more about it than Bethenny did. Hadn't she read any books or talked with friends who had been pregnant?

Seems like it would have been good to given her a little food; maybe she was getting something in an IV.
    I have never heard of any one not going to the hospital when their water breaks. I have had 5 babies and I am pretty sure that is standard. Risk of infection increases as soon as the water breaks and there is a also a rare chance of cord prolapse so it is very important to start monitoring things. (More often than not, the water doesn't even break on it's own and the doctor has to do it.) Bethenny definitely did the right thing by going right away, especially since she was 5 weeks early.

FORT Fogey

That's the way I always heard it. If your water breaks you are not supposed to wait around. And I've never seen first-timers so calm about water-breaking, premature labor, etc. Not much phases me, but I don't think I'd have hung around and called a Bravo crew before I called, you know, Jason's parents, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Lurk;4000235;
    Bethenny definitely did the right thing by going right away, especially since she was 5 weeks early.
    Apart from the infection that can happen once the water breaks, this was probably the biggest reason why she went right away. They both showered before leaving so who knows how long that took. I imagine I would be a little scared that not only was I about to give birth but 5 weeks before I was suppose.

The only people that I know that have had babies that didn't rush to the hospital are those that were just having contractions. As soon as their water broke, though, they went in right away.

FORT Fogey

As far as Jason's mom instead of a baby nurse, perhaps Bethenny didn't want her around for an entire month. I know they love each other, but a month cooped up in a small apartment with your mother-in-law under stressful circumstances might be a bit much. Besides, you can't really tell your MIL what to do as you can an employee, plus nurses have some medical training, and you could see in the class that B was afraid of something happening to the baby. I admire her for acknowledging she knew diddly-squat about taking care of babies and hiring some expert help. I think Julie was afraid she was going to have some baby duties, so that's why she was so thrilled to meet the nurse!

On another note, I thought Max in the lingerie shop was really funny ... trying to figure out what size undies Bethenny needed. Wonder if Julie really didn't give him a clue what to get! The underwear that he was given to choose from all seemed a bit fancy and lacking in coverage for a recovering new mom, but maybe that's just me.

FORT Newbie

Here's my input for last night's show.

1) I think it's disgusting, and screams 'fame-whore', that both J and B feel the need to prance around naked in front of film crews almost every episode. Put some clothes on already. I've had enough of J's blurred out schlong, and B's blurred out water balloons.

2) Did anyone else notice the nurse rolling her eyes so far into the back of her head, when the assistant showed her the organic diapers? HAHAHA!

3) I'm getting a little tired of B's 'schtick' now. I hope this show isn't renewed for another season. I think I'm nearing the maximum dose of B that I can handle. All the one liners, the cutesy baby voice, and the micromanaging is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by realhousewife1;4000471;
    here's my input for last night's show.

1) i think it's disgusting, and screams 'fame-whore', that both j and b feel the need to prance around naked in front of film crews almost every episode. Put some clothes on already. i've had enough of j's blurred out schlong, and b's blurred out water balloons.
    2) did anyone else notice the nurse rolling her eyes so far into the back of her head, when the assistant showed her the organic diapers? Hahaha!

3) i'm getting a little tired of b's 'schtick' now. I hope this show isn't renewed for another season. I think i'm nearing the maximum dose of b that i can handle. All the one liners, the cutesy baby voice, and the micromanaging is getting on my nerves.
    you're cracking me up. Too funny

Bethenny told Jason she's never been around babies, never babysat, never changed a diaper--- so I'm sure she was stressed out about WHAT in the world to do when she got home and it was all her responsiblity to keep this baby alive! That's how I felt. My first baby was the first diaper I'd ever changed and I was terrified I would do 'something' wrong when I got the baby home. My mother came and stayed for two weeks to mainly give me encouragement because after the first couple of days I realized I could handle it. Since Bethenny's not close to her mom I don't blame her for having the nurse there for backup support while she learns exactly what to do. As self sufficient (sp?) as Bethenny is about everything else, I'd expect her to realize that she can handle it pretty soon.

My husband was watching the episode with me (he got hooked on the show after the honeymoon episode and all the boobage, natch-- I guess he figured if she showed that much boobage on the honeymoon show, WHAT was she going to show during the birth one?!) Anyway, he made the same comment as the above poster who wondered if the Bravo film crew was living with them to get the early shots of the water breaking-- even before Jason!(riiiiiiiight...) Maybe she'd been having some pains, or was already dialated a bit and they decided in order to catch all the 'action' that someone had better be there sleeping in the nurses bed ready to film if something happened.

Bethenny did exactly what she should have done. The reason for no nail polish during surgery is that we use the color of nail beds as a signal of circulation problems. The same thing goes for makeup as well.

Quote Originally Posted by realhousewife1;4000471;

2) Did anyone else notice the nurse rolling her eyes so far into the back of her head, when the assistant showed her the organic diapers? HAHAHA!
    That look the nurse gave her was like,'' Yeaaahhh, riiiiiight I'm gonna use those things!" She knows the score!

+ Reply to Thread