+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

I remember thinking there was something wrong with my babies. They slept all the damn time. I used to have to wake up my oldest to eat. Of course he weighed 10 lbs at birth, so he might have been watching his figure. (All natural birth, by the way. Not by choice, they said the person who gives epidurals couldn't be found.)

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3999042;
    X_X Bethenny's friend has such an ugly baby. Usually all babies look alike to me and they are neither cute or ew to me....but this one X_X DEAR LORD
    Oh good - it's not just me then. What was that thing? That baby reminds of the Seinfeld episode when they go out to the Hamptons to "see the baby. You gotta come see the baby."
    And Jerry and Elaine had these horrid looks on their faces when they saw the baby.

And Bethenny's friend is okay looking. It must be the husband's genes...

Maid

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3998408;
    If she stopped for one minute (which she never seems to do) she'd realize her childhood, her lack of good parenting, have not stopped her from having a full life.

I'm under the impression that she never stops because she is trying to leave her past in the dust so that it never catches up with her again. Despite the fact that people think she should get over her past, it is what shaped the person she is and what drives her to continue achieving (or looking at it in another way, what drives her to seek out acceptance / accolades through success that she didn't have in her formative years..."Will I ever be good enough?").

And the never stopping is the reason she needs the baby nurse.

FORT Fogey

She told her friend she didn't have to do anything work-related for awhile. I figure she got the nurse because she's scared. I guess I get that. Whatever on the past issues. I'm bored with hers. Besides, it looks like (Grand) Mommy Dearest might be showing up after all.

Also, I'm not so inhuman that I didn't feel sorry for her long labor. Mine came so quickly and I know how much that hurt. I'd hate to have to do that for 25 hours. For once, I didn't think she was over-dramatizing the situation. It looked rough.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;3999717;
    Oh good - it's not just me then. What was that thing? That baby reminds of the Seinfeld episode when they go out to the Hamptons to "see the baby. You gotta come see the baby."
    And Jerry and Elaine had these horrid looks on their faces when they saw the baby.

And Bethenny's friend is okay looking. It must be the husband's genes...

Maid
    Aw, I thought he was adorable. Like a tiny old man. At least the mom's not trying to put him on the runway.

I loved the show last night. I do wish Bethenny would relax and let Jason enjoy being a parent the way he wants to and not place demands on him. Her insisting that he call his parents and instruct them not to tell anyone she was in labor was ridiculous. It's their GRANDCHILD. Of course they want to tell family and friends. Besides, it was on TMZ that same day anyway.

I do understand the nurse. One of my best friends had a doula. She helped with the delivery and also helped with the baby as a nurse when he came home. She stayed the first 6 weeks overnight so that mom could get her sleep at night. My friend had never had any experience with babies either and wanted to be alert enough to enjoy being with the baby without being so exhausted all the time. Her mom was also there helping for a couple of weeks. My friend had the baby on her own so she was the only parent in the picture. She had a great experience with her nurse and highly recommended it. If I did it again, I would try my best to get that kind of help. Costs would be a big factor, but when you are self-employed, it could really be a life saver.

FORT Fogey

It seems like being self-employed would not be as much an issue with a new baby as if you are on someone else's clock. Either way, the nurse was probably hired because no one knew how to change a diaper. It would drive me crazy to have someone under foot in a small apartment.

My best friend was "given" a baby nurse as a gift! Her mom did it for her for each of her 3 boys! The nurse was around for about 2 weeks just to help out and get her started after each cesarean. What I would have given for one them, myself, especially after a c section. You can't use your stomach muscles so getting in and out of bed is so hard and my ex husband was TOTALLY useless! I say that, if you can afford it, why not have a nurse? The concept of having someone help out a new mother isn't anything new. Some might have family to help out and they sure are lucky! If I had ,had the money I would have hired a nurse and a maid!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3999927;
    My best friend was "given" a baby nurse as a gift! Her mom did it for her for each of her 3 boys! The nurse was around for about 2 weeks just to help out and get her started after each cesarean. What I would have given for one them, myself, especially after a c section. You can't use your stomach muscles so getting in and out of bed is so hard and my ex husband was TOTALLY useless! I say that, if you can afford it, why not have a nurse? The concept of having someone help out a new mother isn't anything new. Some might have family to help out and they sure are lucky! If I had ,had the money I would have hired a nurse and a maid!

I totally understand wanting a baby nurse, if you can afford it - esp. for first-time parents who really have no clue what they are doing. It would be really nice to have a healthcare professional at home to guide you, and help you avoid some of the physical and emotional exhaustion that can come with a new baby.

As for the food deprivation before the birth, that is necessary in case she does need emergency surgery. If your stomach has food in it, and you vomit while you're under anesthesia and have a breathing tube in, it can cause major (and potentially fatal) complications. It can take a long time for all of your food to leave the stomach, espec. in some people. And if it became necessary for her to go into surgery sooner than scheduled, her stomach still needed to be empty.
    Similar reason as to why they do not want surgical patients wearing any makeup at all - skin color is something they use as an indication of how the patient is doing while under the anesthesia.

That little baby boy was cute. All babies are cute.

Jason...too funny! Calling his parents..."no one in Hazleton PA knows about anything". Jason come on, we are BOTH from Hazleton & you know that how well that Catholic blonde/grey helmet hair rosary praying grandmother network works!!! They are more efficent than the CIA.
    My Mom knew I was in trouble before I did anything & Carol had all of that info on you & Bryan as well. Hazleton is a small town & evrybody know somebody who knows one of your relatives.

Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread