+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

You can only cry for yourself so many times. After awhile, you just bore yourself.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3997138;
    You can only cry for yourself so many times. After awhile, you just bore yourself.

Fair enough. We all gotta do what we gotta do to make it through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3997138;
    And everyone else around who genuinely loves and cares about you.

FORT Fogey

I definitely think being in the midst of a situation it is difficult to move past it. But, as far as our childhood's go, I think you get a window of time to feel sorry for yourself, and that's it. I think Bethenny sometimes uses it for an excuse or sympathy or just a fallback attitude. If she stopped for one minute (which she never seems to do) she'd realize her childhood, her lack of good parenting, have not stopped her from having a full life. That's more than a lot of people can say who have had idyllic childhoods.

I always feel lucky. When I think back on how many ways my life could have gone wrong I am amazed that I (and my sisters) turned out relatively normal. So, I don't look back and say why, why, why. I just think why didn't I turn out like some other unfortunates: dead or in jail or addicted.

As an aside, I only found out recently that comedian, Chevy Chase, suffered a horribly abusive childhood.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-22-2010 at 08:24 PM.

FORT Fogey

Well then you're clearly more emotionally well-adjusted than she is. But I'm not going to judge her for that.

See, that's why I can't get on board with your manner of thinking. If it works for you, awesome. But how can we hold everyone to the same window of time? What's the deadline? Six months and then you can never mention your childhood again? You can never revisit it to work on the issues it's created for you? What I'm trying to say is, I don't think any of us can judge how long it should take for someone else, with different experiences and different factors in their lives, and a completely different chemical makeup of the brain, to get over anything.

So far, we've seen Bethenny in a collapsing relationship (Jason the First), where I would think it would bring up issues of not being so loved and a lack of self-worth when it comes to others. We've seen her dating at an older age than a lot of women, feeling like it's her last shot, like, won't anyone ever love me? I can easily see how that would bring out her issues with her childhood. And then we saw her lose a relationship with a very close, motherly friend, get engaged, get pregnant, get married, and now we'll see her have a baby. What of that doesn't warrant thoughts of family?

FORT Fanatic

X_X Bethenny's friend has such an ugly baby. Usually all babies look alike to me and they are neither cute or ew to me....but this one X_X DEAR LORD

FORT Fogey

Just don't cry about it on TV every week. That's all I ask. And don't bother with the fake TV therapy sessions. Who would want to go see a therapist if that is all they have to go by? And maybe not be so annoying and complaining all the time. And maybe not say you're gonna rip off someone's penis every week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3999042;
    X_X Bethenny's friend has such an ugly baby. Usually all babies look alike to me and they are neither cute or ew to me....but this one X_X DEAR LORD
    I caught hell for saying as much about Teresa's kids. I usually think baby's are cute by default, just for being tiny. I'll have to get a gander at this one.

We'd like to remind people to please keep this discussion to this show, not FORT posters or other celebrities. Thanks.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

Does a Bravo camera crew sleep in Bethenny's home? Wasn't anyone concerned that she was 6 weeks early? Everything Max says sounds scripted. I could totally do without the spoon and the ice. Not a pretty eater.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-23-2010 at 01:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread