+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fan

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

It's normal for conversations about family to come up, especially when meeting someone new. I think Bethenny's conversations about her family for the most part on RHONY were factual as in "no I don't have a relationship with my mom and dad because .... " during the first two seasons on RHONY. I don't remember her dwelling on it on RHONY - until her dad was dying and then yes she did talk about her dad and her relationship with him. Someone with whom she had a difficult relationship was dying and she talked about it. I truly don't see why this is cause for such consternation.

Given the number of major life changes she went through last year, yeah the past is rearing its ugly head. Happens all the time. We think every thing is in the past, dealt with, and then life throws a curve ball and we realize that Whoa, there are some things that still need attention. So yeah, we are getting more of her childhood story and how it affected her during BGM. She wanted to change in order to make a success of her marriage with Jason and sought professional help. If she is still getting therapy 5 years and talking about the same issues, then yeah I can see saying "Just move forward!". For now I think that she should be given a break while she addresses the issue.

FORT Fogey

For all we know she's been in therapy for years.

FORT Fan

Well if she has then I'm going to call her therapist and make myself an appointment because in the last few years she has developed a multi-million dollar company, fallen in love, gotten married and had a child - all big dreams of hers. If the therapy is working and someone is changing his or her life around, why is that a problem?

FORT Fogey

She's a complainer, which therapy may or may not help.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3996016;
    If by "some people" you mean Bethenny, then we're in agreement.
    No, we're definitely not in agreement.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3996356;
    Well if she has then I'm going to call her therapist and make myself an appointment because in the last few years she has developed a multi-million dollar company, fallen in love, gotten married and had a child - all big dreams of hers. If the therapy is working and someone is changing his or her life around, why is that a problem?
    I'm definitely in agreement with this! If you get that therapist's phone number, please PM it to me! She couldn't have accomplished so much if she spent a lot of time complaining. Seems to me she uses her time a lot more constructively, as evidenced by all her successes and the happy life she created. Everyone complains a little, some people complain a lot, many even spend a great deal of time doing it on message boards!

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3996356;
    I am not really sure how I can explain it to you; I suppose to try & explain those feelings I magine Bethenny is feeling is to have the unconditional love & acceptance from her parents.

If you want to see self-absorption, let me introduce you to my 86 year old mother. I love the woman deeply & try to do what is in my power to help her but it is difficult. I am one of 4 children & my siblings have very little to do with her. I invited her to my house last weekend & experienced the the outburst hissy-fit befitting a 3 year old including pouting & crying over absolutely nothing. She is mentally sound () & healthy.

I would have never married my EX if it wasn't for the will of being able to move out of my parents home. It took several years of therapy to learn to deal with her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3996422;
    I am not really sure how I can explain it to you; I suppose to try & explain those feelings I magine Bethenny is feeling is to have the unconditional love & acceptance from her parents.

If you want to see self-absorption, let me introduce you to my 86 year old mother. I love the woman deeply & try to do what is in my power to help her but it is difficult. I am one of 4 children & my siblings have very little to do with her. I invited her to my house last weekend & experienced the the outburst hissy-fit befitting a 3 year old including pouting & crying over absolutely nothing. She is mentally sound () & healthy.

I would have never married my EX if it wasn't for the will of being able to move out of my parents home. It took several years of therapy to learn to deal with her.
    Er, is the "you" me or "you" somebody else?

Sounds like your mom and my mom are so much alike they'd do one another in if left in locked in a room together.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3996443;
    Er, is the "you" me or "you" somebody else?

Sounds like your mom and my mom are so much alike they'd do one another in if left in locked in a room together.
    I used "you" in a general term & not to anyone in particuliar. I take full ownership for what I do as an adult but trust me, what happens to you as a young child does affect you. While we knew as children we were loved we were never in the top 5 of my parents favorites.

I would run in front of a speeding train to protect my sons while my Mom would push me in front to save herself.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3996469;
    I used "you" in a general term & not to anyone in particuliar. I take full ownership for what I do as an adult but trust me, what happens to you as a young child does affect you. While we knew as children we were loved we were never in the top 5 of my parents favorites.
    No worries.

It is difficult to explain to people what it is like to have a parent who was neither someone who made the children even remotely a priority nor beat the crap out of them.

+ Reply to Thread