+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3932583;

My only point was that judging from the article you linked there was nothing about her informative years one way or the other........just about a sweet 16 party. So, I don't know what you mean by "those years." Nor did the article put any light on it. It wasn't a Bethenny article. It was about her dad and just a blurb about his daughter.
    I haven't researched her formative years nor do I desire to do so. I also didn't link the article to be Bethenny-centric. She implied to the fact that she was out on her own at a very young age basically fending for herself with no one caring for or about her. The "blurb" shows that that wasn't exactly the case.

FORT Fan

I thought Bethenny said she was shipped off to boarding school around the age of 14-15 (maybe to get her out of the way) and was basically alone after that.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3932591;
    Would hardly call it whining. The father issue was necessary as it was an important part of the show and it happened to her while filming. Goodness, we're watching months and months of filming put into an hour's show. I'm sure we all have harrowing stories, but she's on TV and we're not.
    I'm not willing to sell my harrowing story on TV. Are you?

I absolutely loved this show. I was cracking up throughout it. The scenes with cookie are hilarious and then when she just kept ordering food at the restaurant. I'm enjoying seeing the interaction between her and Jason too. This is such a nice breathe of fresh air after the RW craziness.

I don't think she sold her harrowing story to tv ... I think she briefly touched on it and left the 99% of truth out. Most of us do lay claim to having a not so great homelife, but would not give specifics on it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Briefly touched on would be a mention in an episode. Not the same old song and dance for many episodes, including now, therapy sessions that are boring and say the same thing. "Daddy didn't love me." Well, he didn't. Get over it.

She's let the show sort of define her by this issue of hers. Maybe she has no control over that, or maybe they needed the drama to make her interesting or even unlikable. I've got a feeling that unlikable characters draw more audience than likable ones. She is rather victim-y. That's not to say she hasn't accomplished anything, but I do think that certain aspects of her life are planned around the show, such as the wedding. I believe that she is fame-hungry and peeing on camera, in her wedding gown is a desperate tap-dance to get people to watch and talk. I want to like her, but the desperation she shows makes me uncomfortable. I want her to be spontaneous and I think she stopped being that a long time ago.

Well, we disagree but that's what makes the world go round ...

I think she's asked about it a lot, and she's not one to talk around the answer. On BGM, she went to counseling and had to explain why. From listening to her story, and reading articles, I see a lot of potential problems that are not being said.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Wha happened was in the past but it did affect her. Bethenny did say that with her father is was either she was 100% with him or she was against him. There wasno way she could have bith parents in her life. That is a difficult decision for any young girl to decide. Whether she had a birthday party on a yacth is irrevelent. The man basically had zero part in her life during her formative years. Her mother remarries & promptly ships her off to boarding school so she basically raised herself. So yea I can understand her she personality being that way. She is going to have to learn to learn to relax & accept that Jason isn't going to run off & leave her.
    She has married into a wonderful, close-knit family who are going to accept & love her & Bryn unconditionally.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3932845;
    I'm not willing to sell my harrowing story on TV. Are you?
    You're being a bit dramatic here. She isn't selling her 'harrowing' story to anyone but it is part of her.

The first two seasons her dad was hardly brought up and considering that her dad was dying this season I don't think he was brought all that much this season.

Just because you feel that your father might have been worse than her's doesn't make her father anything less of an a*hole to her. I'm sure there are people out there with worse fathers than yours....would that change the way you view your childhood with your father? No.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3932884;
    I absolutely loved this show. I was cracking up throughout it. The scenes with cookie are hilarious and then when she just kept ordering food at the restaurant. I'm enjoying seeing the interaction between her and Jason too. This is such a nice breathe of fresh air after the RW craziness.
    Yes, when she told Cookie she needed to be a team player
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

+ Reply to Thread