+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

The only thing I don't like about this show is the question mark at the end of the title. What is that all about? Yes, she's getting married!! I don't want to keep asking that everytime I talk about the show
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Yes "cave dwelling" were her words. No, I am not saying her childhood was great but there is information out there to support the fact that those years were maybe not as dark as they are portrayed. I was not commenting on her real father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3932272;
    So her childhood must have been great because her stepdad spent a lot of money on her 16th birthday party?

Her father refused to see her when he was dying. That is not a normal parent/child relationship
    Just found this. Who is Bethenny Frankel’s father / dad, horse trainer Robert (Bobby) Frankel? Why did he have a bad relationship with his daughter? : starcasm.net It gives a little more insight but not much. Apparently, it seems that there was also bitterness or a rivalry of some sort between BF's dad and the stepdad -- both in the same horsetrack business................now there seems to be a story in there. Nothing said about her mom.

Inquiring minds want to know.

FORT Regular

Wow, I don't know why I didn't associate Bobby Frankel before now. I knew Bethanny's father was a horse trainer, but for some reason it didn't just ring the bell for me that her dad was Bobby Frankel the famous trainer. I have followed racing for years and he's long been revered in the business.

According to the article at the link, she didn't get to see him when she went out there? I thought on the show she said she did see him.

She found out about him being ill and went out there, and he refused to see her. Then at the end of his life, he called and asked for her to come and she went out there again with Jason. He died, and she didn't get the ending she wanted but she said she made it what she was looking for. She took his acknowledgement of her drive to succeed to get his attention as an apology, even though he never offered one.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3932285;
    The only thing I don't like about this show is the question mark at the end of the title. What is that all about? Yes, she's getting married!! I don't want to keep asking that everytime I talk about the show
    Bethenny mentioned that in WWHL with Andy. She said something about the ? mark being because it's such a surprise to many people that she'd be getting married. Andy nodded in agreement - and I think Bethenny indicated that Bravo named the show.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

I, for one, am tired of her whining about her dad. I would like to compare stories with her. I'm sure mine are every bit as harrowing, and I'm not crying to anyone who is willing to listen to it. She's been crying about her father since the first episode of RHoNY. Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3932292;
    Yes "cave dwelling" were her words. No, I am not saying her childhood was great but there is information out there to support the fact that those years were maybe not as dark as they are portrayed. I was not commenting on her real father.
    What she described WAS awful and I'm sure it was awful to her at that age. My only point was that judging from the article you linked there was nothing about her informative years one way or the other........just about a sweet 16 party. So, I don't know what you mean by "those years." Nor did the article put any light on it. It wasn't a Bethenny article. It was about her dad and just a blurb about his daughter.

Her father, apparently, was a pretty intense character..............a genius in the horse training business winning all kinds of awards and making millions. But my goodness, who are we to determine what "awful" is. There are lots of horror stories out there and because some are worse than others, definitely doesn't make them "not awful." Actually, it's immaterial -- just trying to enjoy the new show and get away from all the RHONY (and NJ) bashing. Hope it doesn't find its way here.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3932554;
    I, for one, am tired of her whining about her dad. I would like to compare stories with her. I'm sure mine are every bit as harrowing, and I'm not crying to anyone who is willing to listen to it. She's been crying about her father since the first episode of RHoNY. Give it a rest.
    Would hardly call it whining. The father issue was necessary as it was an important part of the show and it happened to her while filming. Goodness, we're watching months and months of filming put into an hour's show. I'm sure we all have harrowing stories, but she's on TV and we're not.

I don't believe she's whining about her childhood either. She briefly addressed it and moved on, saying that many people have as bad as or worse than she did and at a certain age that's no excuse for any choices you make.

I am ready for the next episode.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread