+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

She is definitely high maintenance. She would make me a nervous wreck.

She would turn me into a drug addict.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3960375;
    I have no idea why any guy would put up with all the baggage she brings.
    I've only seen two episodes of this show, and I must say that I was wondering about that myself. Mind you, I do like her and think she's bright and funny, in a neurotic sort of way (that would give me a headache), but Jason seems so calm, secure, and well-adjusted. Was he looking for his opposite? What does he do for a living? Was more background on him given in RHoNY? (I don't watch that show.) How did they get together in the first place? I'd just enjoy trying to figure out what the deal is here with the attraction, other than on a superficial level. Most people run the other way when they pick up on that much baggage in a potential mate.

I think he has to be turned on by the fame aspect, but who ever knows what attracts people?

Does anybody know what happened to Bethenny's former hairdresser? The male? I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3960407;
    I've only seen two episodes of this show, and I must say that I was wondering about that myself. Mind you, I do like her and think she's bright and funny, in a neurotic sort of way (that would give me a headache), but Jason seems so calm, secure, and well-adjusted. Was he looking for his opposite? What does he do for a living? Was more background on him given in RHoNY? (I don't watch that show.) How did they get together in the first place? I'd just enjoy trying to figure out what the deal is here with the attraction, other than on a superficial level. Most people run the other way when they pick up on that much baggage in a potential mate.

Bethenny said on the episode where he was out-of-town that he was a businessman. Bethenny is a very appealing person. Though not a classically beautiful woman she has a sensuality and sex appeal about her. She has a great body. She's witty, smart, independent and intellectual. She works hard but, can play hard too. She does have a big heart once you get past her defenses and she considers you one of her own. Just watching the episode 1 scenes in the kitchen and others Jason & Bethenny have a very sexy, witty, flirty banter that goes on between them. I'm sure that was the initial draw. Bethenny is also very straight-forward & direct and some guys are highly attracted to that after dealing with game playing women.

I also think Jason is a guy with a huge, giving, loving heart. A guy with alot of love, caring and affection to give and whose a walking sign for needing and appreciating that but Bethenny. They suit the opposite needs of the other and fit like yin & yang. Her baggage is a partof that. Plus, how she has handled that baggage and pulled through to be successful as she is can be very attractive to alot of guys. I think it's also what drew his parents to her making them want to fulfill the missing void of her family. I think it even drew Jill's mom, not too mention Jill originally. JMO

I really felt for Bethenny went she broke down because she had no family at the wedding. One would think there would be some family such as an aunt, uncle, cousin, someone. Very sad. I would have said I have so and so, who is like family to me. Sometimes our friends are as close or closer than family. Her mom must be a real meanie. I wonder if she will change her mind and have her show up last minute.

Did you see Ramona in the previews at the wedding?

I also loved when Jason pulled out his shorts that held his package in a marathon to wear to St. Barts and Bethenny was like" who are you Simon"? Then, he sad it was probably to much for ritzy St. Barts and Bethenny said you can go nude there. His eyes lit up and said "OOOH". Plus, loved when he lit up in the officiant's office and said Bethenny was his little kite! Too sweet!

I have no idea what went on between she and her mother.
    All we see/hear on this show is how Bethenny felt about her parents and how they raised her growing up.
    In fairness, neither the father (deceased now) nor the mother have been allowed to give their side of the story.

I understood Bethenny's tearing up at the JOP's house, but I am a little tired of those types of scenes because I find them manipulative.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3960407;
    They met at a night club Tenjuene (sp?).

Why is Jason with her? That is between Jason and Bethenny. I'd like to think though that everyone is more than just who they are during an enormously stressful period. In addition to the day to day activities that other people have emphasized (planning a wedding, moving, training a new assistant, revising a book while pregnant all within the space of several weeks) this is also the time just after her father passed away and just after the end of the friendship with Jill - very significant relationship. While she and her father were distant the death of a parent with whom one has a difficult relationship is also the death of any hope for reconcilement. The third season of RHONY was also being shown at this time with all the conflict between her and Jill, and quite frankly Jill was still being very hard on Bethenny in her blogs and in the press. Individually it is likely that the death of her father or the fall out with Jill would have resulted in heightened feelings regarding relationships and trust; together, well I think that she is holding it together pretty well. Sure she has her moments, but she is evolving.

In addition to all the positive traits that Bethenny has (smart, witty, hard working), she also is someone taking responsibility for her past. She isn't saying this is just me so deal with it, she herself is getting assistance to address her issues. She and Jason are very different people, but they both seem to be considering the needs of the other and sorting how to balance their needs within their marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3960439;
    I have no idea what went on between she and her mother.
    All we see/hear on this show is how Bethenny felt about her parents and how they raised her growing up.
    In fairness, neither the father (deceased now) nor the mother have been allowed to give their side of the story.

I understood Bethenny's tearing up at the JOP's house, but I am a little tired of those types of scenes because I find them manipulative.
    But, isn't that the case with all reality shows and participants and those they have issues/problems/beefs with who are family, etc. off-camera? You only getthe side of thestory of the person whose on the tv show and has the PI not the individual whose off camera. Plus, in real life it's the same when one of us is telling friends/acquaintances about our upbringing or life they only here our side of it without having the benefit of quizzing the other people. Plus, this show is basically based on Bethenny telling HER story of her life currently & in the past. Add to that even her therapy session are about her life, her story, and her perspective as it should and is meant to be. That's the premise and purpose of the show.

+ Reply to Thread