+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

I loved this show! I think Bethany acts 'brash' or whatever as a form of self protection, maybe she fears being hurt and so gets the first word out. I love how Jason just adores her. When she modeled in that red dress and he came up to her after the show saying,'' Gorgeous, you were gorgeous" her smile was pure joy. I think being accepted and admired by a man she loves is a wonderful thing to her. (after her father's rejection) Some of her one liners are funny,too! I wasn't that much of a fan of hers on the housewives mainly because I normally don't like a wise-aker personality, but she seems more vulnerable and real on this show. I'm glad she got away from Jill.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3931150;
    That's what it was. I was trying to figure out what annoyed me and it was that.
    I do think, too, that next week's preview of p*eing in a bucket is just too much for me. Couple that with her talking to the therapist about her "awful childhood." An awful childhood is when you were raped or molested or similar. When you've lived with a dysfunctional family, then you've just lived the life that most of us have lived. Sad - yes; but, at some point as an adult, you have to take responsibility and stop blaming your parents for everything. She just plays the victim way too often for me, I guess.
    I can do without the peeing, too; however, no way did I ever get the impression she was blaming anyone for anything. She always seems to take responsibility for everything. To tell the therapist, well, that's what you do. You're really saying -- if you weren't raped or molested, then the childhood isn't "awful?" Sure it's awful -- and, yes, a lot of people have had awful childhoods. Actually, I'm not a "fan" of any of them and not on any "team." Trying to live a peace and tranquil life; don't want to work myself up over a stupid TV show about a group of narcissistic, over-indulgent, ego-driven, entitled-thinkin', badly behaved adults. Anyway I found the show light and entertaining. Yes, she's "outgoing" -- that's what makes her Bethenny. In fact, the other night she referred to herself as "abrasive." That gal definitely is self-deprecating and knows exactly how she comes across to certain people. I'll continue to watch as long as there are no grim reminders of Housewives. One thing I do know, all the housewives (NY and NJ) should just be done away with. Way too heavy handed. They managed to do Orange County and Atlanta without all this angst. My head is about to explode -- Jill STILL fighting the fight......and her fans joining in and bashing, bashing, bashing. Gawd, it's OVER.

My post got lost with the other thread. But, I love the show, adored Bethenny!!!! Apparently so do alot of other people........................ ......

Ratings: Bethenny Getting Married? the Most-Watched Series Debut in Bravo History

Real Housewives star Bethenny Frankel's new spinoff became the most-watched series premiere in Bravo's history, according to the network.

More than 2 million viewers tuned in for Thursday's debut of Bethenny Getting Married?, with 1.35 million viewers in the 18-to-49 demo.

Is Bethenny Frankel saying bye-bye to The Real Housewives?

Bethenny Getting Married? follows natural foods chef and Real Housewives of New York City castmember Frankel's life as she gets ready to walk down the aisle and prepares for her first child.

The series premiere immediately followed the Real Housewives of New York City reunion, the first of three parts, which drew 2.24 million viewers. Last week's Season 3 finale also broke records for the cable channel, attracting 2.64 million viewers and become the highest-rated finale in series history.

The second part of the Real Housewives' reunion airs Monday at 9/8c

FOXNews.com - Ratings: Bethenny Getting Married? the Most-Watched Series Debut in Bravo History

I love this show. Bethenny has always been my favorite. I understand that some don't care for her, but she really seems to get that her personality is not for everyone. I can appreciate that. Some of her one-liners had me cracking up. I hope the rest of the episodes are as good as this first one. Lastly, I am glad she is away from Jill on this show, so much more enjoyable that way.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

LOVED the show and I LOVE Bethenny. I was a little nervous about watching the first show, cause someone in the former "Bethenny" thread had posted that she and Jason were bickering throughout the whole episode. I want to see her happy, so I dreaded seeing the two of them fighting, but it really wasn't like that. . . Yes, they had some disagreements about how things should be, but as Bethenny herself has said on several occasions, that's how they are with each other --- a lot of back and forth bantering and bickering --- but it's okay, there's also lots of love. And you could really see the love in Jason's eyes!!! He lusts at her big belly (love a man who thinks a pregnant woman is beautiful!!!), and thinks she's gorgeous! Loved how he was proud as punch at the fashion show! So happy for Bethenny, really, really happy!

I do think, too, that next week's preview of p*eing in a bucket is just too much for me. Couple that with her talking to the therapist about her "awful childhood." An awful childhood is when you were raped or molested or similar. When you've lived with a dysfunctional family, then you've just lived the life that most of us have lived. Sad - yes; but, at some point as an adult, you have to take responsibility and stop blaming your parents for everything. She just plays the victim way too often for me, I guess.
    I guess Bethenny may have had the kind of normal childhood where your home life is so awful that you leave and begin supporting yourself at 15? Just because there are worse childhoods doesn't mean that someones experience wasn't awful. Just because there are divorces, remarriages, boyfriends in and out, rejection by a parent and abuse in other people's childhoods, doesn't mean those things aren't traumatic experiences that carryover into their adulthoods. I certainly hope that her childhood isn't what we'd accept as a normal one. I have no doubt that Bethenny was damaged by her childhood, even if she wasn't raped and molested.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3931914;
    I guess Bethenny may have had the kind of normal childhood where your home life is so awful that you leave and begin supporting yourself at 15.
    I'm not sure her childhood was quite the cave-dwelling existence that she likes to portray.

A Brooklyn Tale | Horse Racing Blog | John Pricci

Over the course of that first year, Bonnie and John’s friendship grew into a loving relationship and eventually they were married. I remember celebrating Bethenny’s Sweet Sixteen on a huge party boat that John rented on Long Island’s South Shore.
    Not exactly a depraved childhood IMO.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 06-13-2010 at 04:35 PM.

First, there are all kinds of awful childhoods! Sure, almost every family is dysfunctional in some ways and all that Beth has done is tell us why she feels the way that she does. It's not like she's some drug addict making excuses for why she can't function at all. She has accepted it, deals with it and has still managed to become successful. I think that it's a good message. I don't think that she plays the victim. I think that the reason that we've learned more about her father situation was because he just died so of course the subject has come up more than usual. Just because someone has grown up doesn't mean that they don't still feel sad about the things that made them sad as a child. Some things you can laugh about, later. Some will hurt you until the day you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3931945;
    I'm not sure her childhood was quite the cave-dwelling existence that she likes to portray.

So her childhood must have been great because her stepdad spent a lot of money on her 16th birthday party?

Her father refused to see her when he was dying. That is not a normal parent/child relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3931945;

She was referring to her very young years.............this article refers to the second dude her mom married -- and a sweet 16 birthday party.... what's that got to do with her real father and her childhood?

"Cave dwelling"??????

+ Reply to Thread