+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

The word tampon just grosses me out... I can't imagine how much yuckier that would be to a male. My condolences, Ubidiah.

The first one though, that was funny!!!

I was laughing and really it is kind of true--she did look like she forgot pants and it wasn't that much of an exaggeration. I did feel for her--I avoided maternity clothes for my first child as long as I could and I remember that time when nothing fit and I kept wondering when I became such a blimp. I was probably more nuts than she was when pregnant. I think Jason is so good for her, I am glad Bethenney found him.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 07-01-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes;3959568;
    OK, 5 minutes into this week's episode and two of my favorite lines ever:

"I'm now a pregnant sequined prostitute going to my own bridal shower"

and

"if I had a tampon in, the string would be longer than this dress"
    I was dying especially over the tampon one. Hysterical.

I was watching ,tonight, trying to figure out why this show is more fun to watch (for me). I think that it's because the situations seem real. She's interacting with people that she cares about or has chosen to be around. She really is planning a wedding. It's not a set up. Now, I don't know what the next season may include. Beth and hubby join the circus or Beth and hubby hunt for an escaped criminal! I'm hoping that BRAVO doesn't screw it up and start having them do weird things for the show. Yes, Beth does talk way too much! She really doesn't have to explain every detail of everything that passes through her head. It is a bit much but even with that I still like her. Just as long as the situations are real..... I like it. ALL of the other shows started off this way and eventually evolved into the hot messes that they are today. Doesn't BRAVO realize that the "real"-real world is more interesting than any fake situations that they could set up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes;3959568;
    OK, 5 minutes into this week's episode and two of my favorite lines ever:

"I'm now a pregnant sequined prostitute going to my own bridal shower"

and

"if I had a tampon in, the string would be longer than this dress"
    Loved it!

I say it every week, I loved the show!!!! It was so sweet seeing Jason looking after Bethenny at the officiant's office. Bethenny deserves him. I also loved how much Jason's parents love Bethenny. She deserves them too. It was sweet the speech her assistant gave at the rehearsal lunch. I loved Bethenny wanting her chicken gyro and the whole cake debate with wedding planner.I also loved Matt mimicking Bethenny at the liquor store signing. Happy to see Bethenny & Jason work out there disagreement as they usually do. Can't wait for the wedding!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3959795;
    Just as long as the situations are real..... I like it. ALL of the other shows started off this way and eventually evolved into the hot messes that they are today. Doesn't BRAVO realize that the "real"-real world is more interesting than any fake situations that they could set up?
    I think that's why so many of us like this show because it's about real situations and not made up stories that Bravo creates. I think we all instinctually pick up on situations that are created for the sole purpose of a storyline and it doesn't sit well w/us. Everything Bethanny is going thru right now is totally relatable to the viewers and each situation comes with its own drama, without it seeming contrived like what we're often presented with.

Although I must admit, I'm pretty exhausted by the end of the show just watching all she's doing. I can't imagine having all that pressure and stress but it's what is actually happening in her life right now but what choice does she have?? She's waited a long time for a good man, a beautiful wedding and a baby so altho extremely stressful, I'm glad she's trying to have it all and have it the way she wants it. Just too bad it all came at once.

I love the artwork that Bethenny bought for Jason......did he give her a gift that we saw? She was way too hard on him IMO when he was trying to watch basketball. He's right in that she would never let him make plans without her, so why try? My personal opinion is that he is a saint to not mind the voice and constant talking.

I was just over at the Bravo site reading the blogs and looking at pics over there. I haven't been over since Bethenny's season started and figured since I couldn't sleep I would check it out. It was such a good read. You should check them out if you haven't. Bethenny , her assistant Julie, and her assistant max have a blog. The wedding planner Sean has one too, although he doesn't write as frequently. Bethenny is hilarious as usual. Her assistant Julie is efficient and gives good background.

Max's blog, however, is not to be missed though. He really is a great match for Bethenny in the wit department. Either that or Bethenny's humor is rubbing off on him because his blog has good sense of hummor to it. He talks about learning on the job and all the behind the scenes stuff. It was funny when he said when he was picking out Bethenny's underwear he wasn't thinking about what g-string to pick but, picturing Jason standing there with a gun to his head. I also love how he talked about being at the JCC event and singing in his head "Old McDonald had a farm E-I-E-I .....MILF, here a MILF, there a MILF everywhere a MILF, MILF, MILF. He's funny and he appreciates Bethenny getting him up to speed learning on the job. He's even tamed his hair a bit.

BTW, for those who were questioning Bethenny & Jason leaving their food/trash outside city hall, Bethenny tweeted that they left it there so she could go back and finish it. They went inside to get the license, the crew probably watched her stuff, and came back out and finished their food before getting rid of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3959882;
    I love the artwork that Bethenny bought for Jason......did he give her a gift that we saw? She was way too hard on him IMO when he was trying to watch basketball. He's right in that she would never let him make plans without her, so why try? My personal opinion is that he is a saint to not mind the voice and constant talking.

I don't thnk she was too hard on him. Yes, Bethenny is a control freak but she is overstressed and ready to break. She wasn't asking him to make plans with out her. She was asking him to make them with her. What she really wanted was just his input whetehr she ended up using his ideas or not. Most brides make the final decision on things but they want the guy to at least act like he cares by giving his input even if they end up totally ignoring his opinion in the end. Plus, Jason is a calming influence to Bethenny and more than anything she wanted his reassuring presence. Add to that the fact that she really wanted to make this special for him and his parents. Bethenny is very different from both jason & his parents. So, she wanted his input on what he and his parents would like and appreciate because this is so new to her. She doesn't know his parents very well and he's the one that can give her that info. Then she can take the input he gives her and mold that to her own taste to do something his parents would appreciate but, in Bethenny style. So, he should just give any opinion once and if she dismisses don't take it personal and he will have done his part.

I have no idea why any guy would put up with all the baggage she brings.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread