+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

You know what? Bethenny has wanted to get married for as long as we've been familiar with her. This was her biggest dream. Why shouldn't it be exactly as she wants it?? Lavish and expensive or the two of them barefoot on the beach? Who are we to judge and deem the "appropriate" cost of a wedding? I think in our culture we've begun to place less permanence and meaning on a marriage, what with divorce being so frequent, and by association, less importance on weddings. Some girls dream of their wedding day their whole lives, and I say make it as close to perfect as possible.

Ubidiah - have you been watching Bethenny since the housewives started? Because to me she comes off as one of the least materialistic of all them - even Simon and Alex are ridiculous about clothes. And she's worked for everything she's gotten.

FORT Fogey

Yes, she was, seemingly, the least materialistic of all of them.

FORT Newbie

Love Bethenny and the new show.
    She's hilarious and it's so nice to see her without all the HWNY drama (Jill).
    Seeing Alex and Simon at her housewarming was so nice. They have been very supportive of her and Jason.
    I LOVE Jason's parents!! As nice as he is.
    Enjoying seeing Bethenny with her therapist. He's great and it's interesting to listen to the discussion.
    Bethenny at the wedding registry was a scream. She's hysterical. The poor guy will never be the same.
    And seeing her with her wedding planner is the best. That guy is too funny and I don't know if he'll survive!
    Love this show!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3944108;
    I disagree. He was negative and had a "no can do" attitude from the beginning. I realize her hands were tied a bit due to the lateness of hiring a wedding planner at all, but if I walked into his office and he dumped that attitude all over me, I would have said thanks but no thanks and walked out. He mas making sour faces about a myriad of things she wanted and disagreeing with much of it. It's HER wedding, for cripe's sake ... if she wanted an ice sculpture of the Taj Mahal, it's his job to get it for her. She had to drag him to the Four Seasons (which he obviously sat there and lied to her about having been there at all in the past) to nag him to even try to schedule her wedding there. Really, I don't know what she needed him for, anyway. He was a whiny negative fellow, and she could probably have done his job better than he did, but she was just trying to get a pro to take some of the burden off her. Arguing and copping an attitude with the client is not the way to go. So what if she wanted red in her bouquet. I've seen color in bride's bouquets many times, and it always looked beautiful. That guy didn't do his business any favors by the way he behaved.
    Thank you Lucky!!! TOTALLY agree with everything you said! The wedding planner was very lucky that Bethenny kept him on after everything that we saw, and there were probably a lot more problems that we didn't see.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-23-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3944171;
    A wedding like what? We haven't even seen the wedding to judge it. We've only seen pictures of her in her wedding dress at this point. She has every right to have the wedding she wants regardless of her age or her ever expanding pregnant belly. Just like someone who is in their 20's or 30's.

As far as the napkins ring, it was a joke, I seriously doubt she will call up the person who buys the rings and dis-invites them to the wedding.
    Thank you, Hobbes! TOTALLY agree with everything you (and tears.and.rain) said! Yes, Bethenny has seemingly wanted to meet her life partner forever, and getting married and having a baby was icing on the cake. I'm so happy for them both, and am so glad that they had the wedding of their dreams They've both earned it. Remember, Bethenny wanted a small wedding of around 75 people, and it was Jason who insisted on the big wedding. And if it was very expensive, so what? They both have worked very hard in their careers and could probably well afford it, and think of how it will help to stimulate the economy! So it's all good.

I do agree, that Bethenny, who I love, was a bit snarky about the napkin rings comments. I think part of it was just her cryptic sense of humor, with a tiny bit of snobbery thrown in. OK, so she's not perfect. . . but she's still pretty cool in my eyes!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-23-2010 at 09:10 AM.

FORT Fogey

Jason was trying to fit in friends and family. Jason seems to want a lot of things that Bethenny says no to.

good show
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I think Bethenny was saying this more as a joke like napkin rings are a useless gift. Geeze I got so many useless shower & wedding gifts it was insane. Some of the stuff is still in an unopened box 30 years later.

Jason's family is not well off so I would doubt they would have been excluded from being invited to the wedding just because they can't afford to purchase a $1,000 wedding gift. When they show the the wedding then I can see who I know if any. Made me very happy to see Carol going with Bethenny for her gown.

FORT Fogey

She pretty much insinuated that a $40 gift was a riot. I'm sure all her rich friends thought it was funny too. She didn't think napkin rings were too useless because she registered for some, but no one bought them. Can't get a price on them, but i'm thinking they weren't $5 a piece.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3947707;
    She pretty much insinuated that a $40 gift was a riot. I'm sure all her rich friends thought it was funny too. She didn't think napkin rings were too useless because she registered for some, but no one bought them. Can't get a price on them, but i'm thinking they weren't $5 a piece.
    Yeah I also looked at her registry. Lots of items to pick from that were not very expensive (place mats, towels, etc.). Pretty typical registry for wedding gifts. Taking into account that Bethenny knows some pretty wealthy people, she and Jason were very restrained in what they put on their registry. My sister asked for more expensive place settings and glasses at her wedding 15 years ago than Bethenny and Jason registered for in 2010. She didn't like the napkin rings and made a joke about it. It was just a joke about her not liking them - not a joke about what guests would pay.

+ Reply to Thread