+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 965

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    A wedding like that. A big, grand, ego-feeding wedding. Yes, I think that is silly under the circumstances.

    Oh, and what was the thing about a $40 gift not being good enough for her? I guess when you're only inviting wealthy people to your wedding, $40 is paltry. Hope Jason doesn't invite anyone to the wedding who can't afford an appropriate gift for Bethenny. How ungracious of her.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 06-21-2010 at 10:40 AM.

  2. #92
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    295

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3944016;
    A wedding like that. A big, grand, ego-feeding wedding. Yes, I think that is silly under the circumstances.

    Oh, and what was the thing about a $40 gift not being good enough for her? I guess when you're only inviting wealthy people to your wedding, $40 is paltry. Hope Jason doesn't invite anyone to the wedding who can't afford an appropriate gift for Bethenny. How ungracious of her.
    It wasn't a $40 gift she was objecting to, it was the fact that someone would purchase the ugly napkin rings. I.e. the napkin rings were supposedly "upscale" since they cost $5 a piece. Bethenny's point was that she thought that spending a lot of money, i.e. the $40 on ugly napkin rings, was a waste of money.

    I don't think that Bethenny was too hard on either her assistant or the wedding planner. Max didn't do the job that he was supposed to. Maybe she used a tone of voice that was a very emphatic, "don't give me any excuses, this is the way I expect it to be", instead of apologetically explaining what she wanted, but she didn't make any personal attacks and Max stated in his blog that he had messed up.

    With regards to the wedding planner, it's a relationship like any other. Just because there are a couple of disagreements doesn't mean that that someone gets fired. If the problems continue without resolution, then yeah go ahead and fire the person, but if the planner turns it around, then no need to fire the person.

  3. #93
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3943911;
    Not to mention filming TWO tv shows and making special appearances at various events and on misc. other tv shows. Busy, busy lady!

    Max hasn't been shown to be the super-duper assistant he claimed he'd be. . . but I think he's got lots of potential, and with Bethenny's training I think he'll be great for her. He seems to be comfortable with everyone too, which is a great boon for Bethenny cause she needs that.

    The wedding planner, on the other hand, what a prig! It's Bethenny's wedding, not his!!! I can appreciate the difficulty of planning her wedding in 4 weeks, but that aside, he doesn't have to be as negative and insulting as he is. I'd have gotten rid of him!
    I love the scenes with the psychiatrist. I am so happy Bethenny is willing to share her personal feelings with the audience (very brave of her, and very open). It lets us understand her so much better, and I am very sympathetic to her childhood. No, it may not have been the worst childhood in the world, but any time a little child feels genuinely unloved and unwelcome in the world, it's very painful, and causes many repercussions later in life.

    All in all, I'm loving the show and loving the chance to see more of Bethenny and a bit of her personal life.
    Like any of these shows, remember that they can edit footage to tell the story they want to tell. Considering that the InTouch or UsWeekly photos or whatever weekly rag that came out after the wedding include a photo or two of Jason and Bethenny with the wedding planner taken at The Four Seasons, I think she was okay with the choice of her Planner. Looks, too, like his rationale on the flowers won out as well since there are no signs of red on her bouquet in the flowers or the ribbon wrapped around the flower stems.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3944078;
    It wasn't a $40 gift she was objecting to, it was the fact that someone would purchase the ugly napkin rings. I.e. the napkin rings were supposedly "upscale" since they cost $5 a piece. Bethenny's point was that she thought that spending a lot of money, i.e. the $40 on ugly napkin rings, was a waste of money.

    I don't think that Bethenny was too hard on either her assistant or the wedding planner. Max didn't do the job that he was supposed to. Maybe she used a tone of voice that was a very emphatic, "don't give me any excuses, this is the way I expect it to be", instead of apologetically explaining what she wanted, but she didn't make any personal attacks and Max stated in his blog that he had messed up.

    With regards to the wedding planner, it's a relationship like any other. Just because there are a couple of disagreements doesn't mean that that someone gets fired. If the problems continue without resolution, then yeah go ahead and fire the person, but if the planner turns it around, then no need to fire the person.
    She said, "These are the cheapie little napkin rings. We're not going to tell someone to buy $5 napkin rings. Let me explain something: When someone comes in and buys this (as she holds up the ring), you call me up because they're not invited anymore. If someone comes in and buys a $5 napkin ring, even if they buy the whole set of 8 for $40, you call me."

    That is what she said. It was because they were cheap, not ugly.

  5. #95
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    295

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3944088;
    She said, "These are the cheapie little napkin rings. We're not going to tell someone to buy $5 napkin rings. Let me explain something: When someone comes in and buys this (as she holds up the ring), you call me up because they're not invited anymore. If someone comes in and buys a $5 napkin ring, even if they buy the whole set of 8 for $40, you call me."

    That is what she said. It was because they were cheap, not ugly.
    To me what you quote was because they were ugly. The whole "not invited" thing was a JOKE.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3944078;
    With regards to the wedding planner, it's a relationship like any other. Just because there are a couple of disagreements doesn't mean that that someone gets fired. If the problems continue without resolution, then yeah go ahead and fire the person, but if the planner turns it around, then no need to fire the person.
    I disagree. He was negative and had a "no can do" attitude from the beginning. I realize her hands were tied a bit due to the lateness of hiring a wedding planner at all, but if I walked into his office and he dumped that attitude all over me, I would have said thanks but no thanks and walked out. He mas making sour faces about a myriad of things she wanted and disagreeing with much of it. It's HER wedding, for cripe's sake ... if she wanted an ice sculpture of the Taj Mahal, it's his job to get it for her. She had to drag him to the Four Seasons (which he obviously sat there and lied to her about having been there at all in the past) to nag him to even try to schedule her wedding there. Really, I don't know what she needed him for, anyway. He was a whiny negative fellow, and she could probably have done his job better than he did, but she was just trying to get a pro to take some of the burden off her. Arguing and copping an attitude with the client is not the way to go. So what if she wanted red in her bouquet. I've seen color in bride's bouquets many times, and it always looked beautiful. That guy didn't do his business any favors by the way he behaved.

  7. #97
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    To me what you quote was because they were ugly. The whole "not invited" thing was a JOKE.

    They were round and silver in color. There was absolutely nothing about how they looked. In fact, she didn't even look at them, really. All she could say was that they cost $5, so not good enough. Yes, she was joking, but, my guess is that if you don't spend enough on your gift, she will remember that. But, the $95 ice bucket sounded perfectly reasonable to her. It was all in her snotty attitude. Maybe not snotty, just cavalier. A lot of people are struggling right now. Of course, if she's only inviting wealthy people, I guess it doesn't matter how much an ice bucket costs.

    You can refresh your memory here:

    YouTube - Bethenny getting married - 06 17 10 Part 4
    Last edited by ubidiah; 06-21-2010 at 12:40 PM.

  8. #98
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    295

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3944108;
    I disagree. He was negative and had a "no can do" attitude from the beginning. I realize her hands were tied a bit due to the lateness of hiring a wedding planner at all, but if I walked into his office and he dumped that attitude all over me, I would have said thanks but no thanks and walked out. He mas making sour faces about a myriad of things she wanted and disagreeing with much of it. It's HER wedding, for cripe's sake ... if she wanted an ice sculpture of the Taj Mahal, it's his job to get it for her. She had to drag him to the Four Seasons (which he obviously sat there and lied to her about having been there at all in the past) to nag him to even try to schedule her wedding there. Really, I don't know what she needed him for, anyway. He was a whiny negative fellow, and she could probably have done his job better than he did, but she was just trying to get a pro to take some of the burden off her. Arguing and copping an attitude with the client is not the way to go. So what if she wanted red in her bouquet. I've seen color in bride's bouquets many times, and it always looked beautiful. That guy didn't do his business any favors by the way he behaved.
    I think that you make a lot of good points about what to look for in a wedding planner, or anyone else for that matter who is working for you. In this particular case Bethenny ended up with the wedding she wanted using this wedding planner. Since we don't see everything we have to make judgments as to the scope of the problem and I'm willing to lean in the direction that there were definite bumps in the road, but ultimately they had a meeting of the minds.

  9. #99
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3944016;
    A wedding like that. A big, grand, ego-feeding wedding. Yes, I think that is silly under the circumstances.

    Oh, and what was the thing about a $40 gift not being good enough for her? I guess when you're only inviting wealthy people to your wedding, $40 is paltry. Hope Jason doesn't invite anyone to the wedding who can't afford an appropriate gift for Bethenny. How ungracious of her.
    A wedding like what? We haven't even seen the wedding to judge it. We've only seen pictures of her in her wedding dress at this point. She has every right to have the wedding she wants regardless of her age or her ever expanding pregnant belly. Just like someone who is in their 20's or 30's.

    As far as the napkins ring, it was a joke, I seriously doubt she will call up the person who buys the rings and dis-invites them to the wedding.

  10. #100
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    158

    Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3944171;

    As far as the napkins ring, it was a joke, I seriously doubt she will call up the person who buys the rings and dis-invites them to the wedding.
    I think we can all agree that she was not being literal. But she was being snarky. I was frankly taken aback by it -- it did seem ungracious. We were grateful for every act of generosity when we got married a zillion years ago, particularly by those who gave from their heart, even when their gifts were not to our tastes.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.