+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree2169Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

On the Reunion show, I was surprised when Lulu (and Jill) told Kelly that she was causing all the problems (and I'm paraphrasing). A lot of time had passed between the time filming ended and the Reunion Show, I would have loved to have witnessed how Lulu (and Jill) finally realized it (as they were always in Kelly's corner before that).

After posting my question about why Jill hated Alex so much, I think all the following posts pretty much explained it.
    1. Jill can and is condescending to Alex due to her "station" in life. Jill prefers friends who are at or above her level. Probably for what they can do for her. Alex can't do anything for her but bring her down. She's always seen Alex and Simon as mere peons to her Queen-liness.

2. Jill has made Alex the scapegoat. She can't hate Bethany because B's star is rising and could do something for Jill. She can't hate LuAnn because she's has a title (even if it doesn't mean anything) & could possibly do something for Jill. Even crazy Kelly is well known and Jill was impressed when Kelly, The Famous Model, joined her daughter for the photo shoot so Kelly is seen as an asset. Ramona (& Mario) apparently are extremely well off, just by looking at their apartment in NYC so why not keep her as a friend also.
    Unfortunately, Alex has nothing to offer Jill and she was the messenger and we know what happens to them.
    Poor Jill. I don't think she has a clue to how transparent she has become to all of us. I think she became aware that the reaction to her this season was negative but probably can't/won't see how badly she is perceived.

You are probably right, since she only blogs where they screen the viewers' posts.

Gearing up for Part 3 tonight.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3937069;
    Let's have a run-down of things that Bethenny has done to Kelly:

She called her Madonna while she was in DivaMode at Jill's charity meeting (after showing up late).
    She brought her a monogrammed bag with fun beach stuff on Ramona's renewal trip.
    She apologized to Kelly for things she did not do, so that Kelly could calm down after her crack-up.

Now, on to what Kelly has done to Bethenny:
    Called her a hoe-bag, said she was less than her, accused her of things over and over with no proof, trashed her in every way, needled and poked her, told her she wasn't a chef but a cook, dissed her food, attacked her character, been condescending, dismissive, mean, and a flat-out liar. And that's just in general.

I also find it disrespectful to that poor girl's memory and what happened to her that you include that link as any sort of likeness to what happened on that vacation. No one was, at any time, mean to Kelly. They put up with a lot of crap from her, quite frankly.
    Not to mention the whole comment about it being creepy that Bethenney was on the trip right after her father died - and all the crap about Bethenney making a big deal about the stuff with her father. That was where I completely lost any sympathy for Kelly - I love how her kids are off limits (which they should be) and yet apparently nothing is off limits for her to berate someone else about. I don't care how much I don't like someone - my God, the woman's father just died and you can't leave her alone?

FORT Fogey

I like that her kids are off-limits - but she uses that as a platform to make herself look good. Remember on the island when she called her daughters in the middle of the room and had a fit when asked to take it outside, as if they were interrupting some emergency?

I wonder if anyone will bring up tonight that she was removed from the island, rather than just leaving herself?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3937898;
    Not to mention the whole comment about it being creepy that Bethenney was on the trip right after her father died - and all the crap about Bethenney making a big deal about the stuff with her father. That was where I completely lost any sympathy for Kelly - I love how her kids are off limits (which they should be) and yet apparently nothing is off limits for her to berate someone else about. I don't care how much I don't like someone - my God, the woman's father just died and you can't leave her alone?
    ITA. How insensitive can someone be? Bethenny didn't do anything to provoke that response. If you can't say something that will help the person feel better, then don't say anything at all.

Andy Cohen says they saved the best for last tonight. Not that he wouldn't say that anyway!

FORT Fanatic

Only started watching this season, but what was B's relationship (if any) with her father, and is her mom alive?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3937426;
    On the Reunion show, I was surprised when Lulu (and Jill) told Kelly that she was causing all the problems (and I'm paraphrasing). A lot of time had passed between the time filming ended and the Reunion Show, I would have loved to have witnessed how Lulu (and Jill) finally realized it (as they were always in Kelly's corner before that).
    I think the three (Jill, Kelly, Lu) are only friends because they all had a beef against Bethenny. Jill doesn't even like Kelly really. The enemy of her enemy is her (temporary) friend.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;3937579;

2. Even crazy Kelly is well known and Jill was impressed when Kelly, The Famous Model,
    Which is laughable (not at you) since I don't think she was all that famous. I had never heard of her until this show and I knew (not personally, obviously) most of who the famous models were in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3938038;
    Only started watching this season, but what was B's relationship (if any) with her father, and is her mom alive?
    Horrible relationship with her father. According to Bethenny and articles I've read, her father was one of the best racing horses breeders/racers/owners/whatever ... B's parents split when she was 4 and he cut her out because she was with her mother. Her mother is alive, remarried a 'rival' horse owner and that's why she was raised among the racetrack circuit. She went to boarding school at age 15 and never looked back.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread