+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 415 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree2222Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;3936122;
    Lately I've been watching each episode, including the Reunions, two times because I always catch something I missed the first time.
    Watching Part 2 again today, I was struck by how much Jill hates Alex. It's not just whan she kept making the point about them not being friends, it's a look she gives Alex whenever she is speaking directly to her. It is INTENSE hatred. I'm not sure why Alex is the only one she has singled out to dislike so much. She's apologized to everyone but Alex. I feel there is something more that we don't know or maybe Jill needs at least one person to focus all her anger on and it become Alex. I feel Jill really doesn't want Alex to return to the show. Jill doesn't have a poker face and even tho you can tell she's annoyed with most of the wives, her feelings about Alex are HUGELY negative.
    Maybe I've missed something here but am unsure why she's directing such venom towards Alex. Even in the previews of the next part of the reunion when she talks about something "spread eagle" to Alex, it very apparent.
    What has Alex done that's worse than any of the other women or is she just Jill's scapegoat??
    I was noticing the same thing. I wonder if something happened after they stopped filming? I actually think Alex is by far the most normal and likeable of the bunch, but Jill really does hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3936050;
    OMG, that is hilarious!!! Thanks for posting the link!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3936208;
    OMG, that is hilarious!!! Thanks for posting the link!
    If you're interested, there are a couple other shows he recaps too. Just check his TV tab the day after the shows air. I found this guy by accident. I think he's great and trying to spread the word a little.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;3936122;
    Watching Part 2 again today, I was struck by how much Jill hates Alex. It's not just whan she kept making the point about them not being friends, it's a look she gives Alex whenever she is speaking directly to her.
    When Jill kept saying "Alex, we are not friends," it struck me that I'd heard something very very similar before, with the line delivered in very much the same way, and then I realized: that's exacty what Bethenny said to Kelly, in the exact same tone of voice, during the infamous "I'm up here, you're down there" confrontation.

So for me, this isn't an example of how much Jill hates Alex but rather it's another example of Jill trying to act like Bethenny (in one of the Parts she tries to make a joke & then acknowledges she was trying to be funny like Bethenny).

Quote Originally Posted by RHFan1205;3936199;
    I was noticing the same thing. I wonder if something happened after they stopped filming? I actually think Alex is by far the most normal and likeable of the bunch, but Jill really does hate her.
    Three seasons Jill has not been nice to Alex. Why does Jill hate Alex so much?

FORT Fogey

I think Jill has transferred the anger and resentment she has towards Bethenny onto Alex. Jill wants to hate Bethenny for not falling into step like most other people in Jill's life do. At the same time, she loves Bethenny and wants desperately to be included into her popular circle again. Since that is a conflict, she takes all of that negativity and hostility and even envy that she has for Bethenny and directs it at a safer scapegoat, Alex.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 06-16-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3936050;
    This IS hilarious. WTH is Alex suppose to be??

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3936225;
    I Jill has transferred the anger and resentment she has towards Bethenny onto Alex. Jill wants to hate Bethenny for not falling into step like most other people in Jill's life do. At the same time, she loves Bethenny and wants desperately to be included into her popular circle again. Since that is a conflict, she takes all of that negativity and hostility and even envy that she has for Bethenny and directs it at a safer scapegoat, Alex.
    Wow! I actually agree with you!

Before Alex gave Jill the message 'We are DONE!' I thought Jill was nice (albeit fake nice) to Alex but I never thought she hated her. Jill is projecting her hatred on to Alex.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3936240;
    This IS hilarious. WTH is Alex suppose to be??
    Yeah, the Alex proxy was a little scary, yeah? What cracked me up was Bethenny's "dress." Did you notice the shoulder poof?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3936260;
    Yeah, the Alex proxy was a little scary, yeah? What cracked me up was Bethenny's "dress." Did you notice the shoulder poof?
    OMG! I was didn't notice that until the end when she said 'seriously kill me now'. I didn't realize it was her shoulderr poof.

+ Reply to Thread