+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 441 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3935413;
    This is probably a really, really, really stupid question, but who exactly is Andy at Bravo?? I thought he was just the host of these things but from the way you guys talk about him it seems like he has more power than that.
    He's the Senior VP of Original Programming and Development at Bravo. I think that means he had a huge hand in creating a lot of the shows on Bravo.

Random thought - NY has too many housewives, NJ now has too few. How about Jersey picks up the free agents from NY . . .

Send Kelly, Jill and Lu to work with the Manzo clan. Ditch Danielle and her thugs. Let's see what happens then.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3935446;
    Send Kelly, Jill and Lu to work with the Manzo clan. Ditch Danielle and her thugs. Let's see what happens then.
    Good idea. Especially Kelly. I've never been able to get into the NJ characters so that would be a good dumping ground, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3933921;
    It probably wouldn't have done any good, but I really wish that Andy had pushed Kelly to answer for starting so much of the drama on "scary island", for all the horrible things she called the other women which were much worse than anything she was called. If anyone was trying to bully people on that trip it was Kelly.
    He's not a good interviewer (in depth), but I wished he would have got deeper into the subject of "being forced to go to the island." He just said "No you weren't." twice -- and then left it. No one can "force" anyone to go anywhere and it was probably in her own mind that if she didn't go, then there would be no drama -- either way, Andy should have tried to find out WHO forced her and how.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3934462;
    I was really irritated that everyone said that Jill had enough in the beginning of last night reunion. She cause this herself...if she's going to make her bed she needs to lie in it.
    Totally agree. I, too, wish Bethenny hadn't "stuck up" for Jill because she DID bring it all on herself and she should have to account for it. Jill was the crux of all the angst this season so wasn't surprising that majority of the tweets Andy was reading were about Jill. Can you spell "karma?"

FORT Fogey

I think that it was so clear that she was lying, and she was refusing to even get into it, that there was no point. He said it twice and she said "I appreciate that thanks - I was forced" and just kept talking. It's like they've all said, there's no point in arguing with her. I think we will see the rest of the girls call her out, but it's good that they allowed her to give her side of events. I really hope they give her some viewers questions.

I'm starting to really applaud the decisions of the housewives to minimize their children's involvement in the show. Maybe they're all taking a lesson from the OC ladies? Truthfully, all the New York kids are perfectly normal, enjoyable kids, but it's just safer for everyone this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3935613;
    I think that it was so clear that she was lying, and she was refusing to even get into it, that there was no point. He said it twice and she said "I appreciate that thanks - I was forced" and just kept talking. It's like they've all said, there's no point in arguing with her. I think we will see the rest of the girls call her out, but it's good that they allowed her to give her side of events. I really hope they give her some viewers questions.

I'm starting to really applaud the decisions of the housewives to minimize their children's involvement in the show. Maybe they're all taking a lesson from the OC ladies? Truthfully, all the New York kids are perfectly normal, enjoyable kids, but it's just safer for everyone this way.
    Kelly's crap talk, saying "I appreciate that thanks" is one of her favorite lines, and she apparently believes it's an insult, otherwise she wouldn't be repeating it quite so often.

Agree on the children. Some are very cute, fun to watch, others not so much; but always they're either being exploited or looking like they're about to be.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Actually, I don't know if she thinks it's an insult. I think another of her favorite things is to be the "big girl" and take the "high road." It could just as easily be that.

Exactly my thoughts about the children. Parents should think long and hard about what they're doing before putting even their kids on these shows. For example, Caroline's kids could clearly handle it, while Lynne's kids spiraled out of control.

There is a "Kelly-ism" that bugs me and I don't think that we've discussed it yet. That thing, when she's trying to make a point, and she says the person's first and last names. Have you guys noticed it? What is that? Is it a control thing or does it throw the other person off for a second? It's a little like a teacher reprimanding a child. "OK, Ramona Singer, sit in your chair"! Oh, that crazy Kelly! She did it on the trip and the reunion show.

That's her momma voice, trying to parent the other person into "Kelly good behavior".

As far as the "thank you" she said to Andy, it came off as totally sarcastic to me. Funny that she can use sarcasm but cannot grasp when others do. Once she said that when someone's being mean, she tries to disarm them by saying something nice, then they don't know what to do and she can call it a 'win'. I've noticed a lot of times she does that, and wonders why it doesn't work.

Also, I figured out a new definition: Systematic Bullying - the proper term for a situation where a person makes outlandish statements and accusations against more than 2 people, and these people will not let it go unchecked. The very nerve. She believes the more you say the term, the more you win.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread