+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 428 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree2466Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I see a new BRAVO show in the future! Maybe Andy was hinting at it when he had Jerry Seinfeld on. It could be similar to "The Marriage Ref". They could show clips of what really happened and the wives have to defend themselves! I'd watch!

So obviously, Kelly heard the words "systematic bullying" from one of her friends or peers or read it in one of her magazines (maybe HighLights) and then used it as her mantra re: the Ramona trip.

And as Alex was trying to point out last night (and not very effectively) it seems that Jill told Kelly about how Alex looked like she was "channeling the devil" at the Brooklyn Fashion Runway. Therefore, Kelly used that phrase at "Scary Island" on Alex.

Kelly just takes phrases and words from other people and says them as her own words of fact.

Somewhere, someone must have shouted the words "Al Sharpton" in her presence and therefore, Kelly took it and shouted those words at Bethenny.

She is beyond crazy and quite frankly "gone".

FORT Fogey

The whole Al Sharpton thing was because Bethenny said, "You can't handle the truth," in that gruff, southern voice. Somehow Kelly equated that impersonation with Al Sharpton. It was dumb, but not as out of left field as satchels of gold.

Kelly's bullying speech made me feel like she was answering a question in a beauty pagent.
    I was happy to hear someone address the whole fake air-kiss thing.
    Jill is a serial apologizer; you say something hurtful & the say "sorry" afterwards. That apology is as phoney as she is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3934507;
    The whole Al Sharpton thing was because Bethenny said, "You can't handle the truth," in that gruff, southern voice. Somehow Kelly equated that impersonation with Al Sharpton. It was dumb, but not as out of left field as satchels of gold.
    "You can't handle the truth!" is a famous line from the Tom Cruise/Jack Nicholson film "A Few Good Men".

I've never heard Al Sharpton say it, but then again, I don't follow him. Not sure who coined it first, but I tend to think it was the movie.

FORT Fogey

I know where the quote comes from. Kelly obviously didn't. As far as I know, Al Sharpton never said it. I think that Kelly thought it sounded like Al Sharpton in that binky, little mind of hers. She had no other context for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3934835;
    I know where the quote comes from. Kelly obviously didn't. As far as I know, Al Sharpton never said it. I think that Kelly thought it sounded like Al Sharpton in that binky, little mind of hers. She had no other context for it.
    Just like you said! The Al Sharpton remark came from the way that Beth said it! She sounded black! ubidiah....... aren't you glad that you (now) know where that quote is from? lol

Kelly is off the charts bizarre. I keep thinking she can't get any stranger or weirder and she just keeps proving me wrong. If she thinks she is being a role model for her children then i feel very very sorry for them. For their sake I hope she gets help. For their sake I hope their father or any other concerned family members step in. There is just something very wrong with her. I hope she isn't like this in real life when they are in her care. I hope it's just an act but somehow I don't think it is. it's more sad than funny now and I truly hope that someone that can , speaks up for her kids if her scary bizarre behavior infiltrates her life with them.

Well, I went to the Bravo site and have tried to post a comment on Jill's blog. I'm not sure it will be accepted, so I want to post it here because "I Want To Be Heard!!!"
    ------------------------------------

Jill, it's like I tell my 5th grade students:

"Saying you're sorry does not keep you from reaping the consequences of your choices.

Also, an apology does not have an explanation or a "but" tacked on to it. And it starts with "I apologize for ...." and is very specific."

You told Bethenny (and by default, the viewers) to watch and see that your behavior has changed. Well, we've been watching and we see plenty now.

In regards to Alex, your actions are shouting your character. You may say over and over that you were never friends with Alex, but that does not excuse or keep you from being courteous and pleasant, and to own up to your actions regarding her and her family.

I hope you find the maturity and wisdom to lay low for a long time.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3934835;
    I think Kelly merely misattributed the quote but I won't venture a guess why she would have thought it was from Sharpton.

+ Reply to Thread