+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 406 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Like Tree2108Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3932371;
    I read that Alex probably was not renewed, too bad because she's just getting interesting. Right on, Jillzarin is mean, and smart enough to know better. KelHelly- she's mean and dumb; she has a teflon brain.
    Where did you read this? I could not find it. I hope she stays because she seems to be the least contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3932455;
    Oh absolutely! But this was more than that - it seemed like she almost had a vested interest in Jill and Bethenny not making up?
    I agree, it was like Lu had taken Bethenny's place at the cool table with Jill and didn't want B to be able to reclaim it. Several times she blocked any hope of reconciliation between the two.

I seemed to see a slight difference in Lu's behavior when Sonja came on the scene because she had a new friend with a higher status.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Owner of bar featured in 'Real Housewives of NY' busted over 'fireball' pyrotechnic display

You may want to think twice before bellying up to this bar.

The owner of a Chinatown hotspot featured on "Real Housewives of New York" was busted early Sunday for a pyrotechnic display that turned the bar into a "huge fireball," officials said.

Albert Trummer, 40, owner of Apotheke on Doyers St., was nabbed in the act at 2 a.m. by undercover fire marshals, officials said.

Trummer coated the bar top with "high-end" whiskey, brandy and vodka and then applied a flame - sparking a roaring fire across the length of the 20-foot bar, according to the FDNY's chief Fire Marshal Robert Byrnes.

Trummer's showmanship didn't amuse the three fire marshals inside Apotheke, who claim the bartop flambe created a dangerous situation for the more than 100 patrons inside.

"His statement upon arrest was: 'It's just a show.' But Mr. Trummer was warned about this type of behavior," Byrnes said. "This is very dangerous."

Trummer's Web site describes the pyrotechnic display as a central part of the appeal of the bar, which tries to recreate the experience of absinthe dens of 19th Century Paris.

"At Apotheke, the presentation of a cocktail is just as dramatic as the cocktail itself," the flashy watering hole's Web site boasts.

"The bar is no longer a bar - it's a stage, a chemistry lab, a theater. Trummer throws liquid fire from flasks."

Fire Marshals first visited Apotheke last month after getting an anonymous tip, Byrnes said.

They were aware the stunt was featured on "Real Housewives," but they didn't catch Trummer in the act until Sunday.

He was cited for multiple fire code violations on the marshals' first visit, and warned about putting a stop to his pyrotechnic show.

On Sunday, Trummer was slapped with two counts of misdemeanor reckless endangerment, officials said. His arraignment was pending.

That's hilarious. So much for a little free publicity!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3931623;
    I SO enjoyed seeing Bethenny, Ramona and especially Alex hold their own. Not only that but just get the truth out there......LuAnn thinks she is entirely way too good for everyone, when in reality she is not, Jill is plain and simple....a mean girl and Kelly is just out right crazy.

Really loved watching it!

Agree with this totally! (can't wait for part 2!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3932371;
    I read that Alex probably was not renewed, too bad because she's just getting interesting. Right on, Jillzarin is mean, and smart enough to know better. KelHelly- she's mean and dumb; she has a teflon brain.
    My assessments and predictions:

Alex's demise is the work of Jill Zarin. Without a doubt. Alex is not dumb, but she lacks the killer instinct and narcissism that fuels the others. Jill needed to exercise control somewhere and this was it. Jill is a playground bully who picks on weaker people for the sake of pumping themselves up. It seems as if Jill has been horrific to Alex for 3 years in a row Alex probably won't be too sad to leave.

The more of Jill's antics are revealled, the more I am convinced that she is a bit twisted.

Bethany will likely take out Kelly.

As much as these two hate each other now, Jill and Bethany are in as much control of the show's direction as cast members can be.

Jennifer won't return - too boring.

Sonja will get a 2nd chance to be interesting. If she isnt successful, she'll be out after next season.

Jill, LuLu, and Ramona will return. Bethany MAY show if Kelly is gone and if she makes up with Jill. Otherwise, I doubt that she'll return other than cameos perhaps.

Ramona will leave after next season because as nutty as she is, the nuttiness of the others will be too distracting for her. She's too positive and actually has a thriving career all her own outside the show.

The Countess will go after Ramona. She's starting to become boring.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-14-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lcmamom;3932499;
    Where did you read this? I could not find it. I hope she stays because she seems to be the least contrived.
    I don't remember - just googled for it, didn't find. But I did find quote where Alex says "He'll be back in speedos next year" referring to Simon.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/11/re...reunion-recap/

I do hope she stays - I like her so much more than her first season or so.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Good assessment, Jexter. I hope Bethenny returns. And puts KevlarBrain Kelly out on the street. Running, no doubt. Or, WTH, maybe Kevlar should stay, and be the gift that keeps on giving.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Was this already posted? Kelly Bensimon Talks Babies (Listen Up, Bethenny!) It's the article that Alex calls Kelly out on in part 1 of the reunion.

OMG! It's hard to read, I feel bad for that reporter, they will probably completely confused by the half the crap Kelly was saying. Also, she does kind of talk badly about Bethenny (in the very beginning) although the other ladies have said worse things about one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3932888;
    Was this already posted? Kelly Bensimon Talks Babies (Listen Up, Bethenny!) It's the article that Alex calls Kelly out on in part 1 of the reunion.

OMG! It's hard to read, I feel bad for that reporter, they will probably completely confused by the half the crap Kelly was saying. Also, she does kind of talk badly about Bethenny (in the very beginning) although the other ladies have said worse things about one another.
    Wow, that is ALL OVER the place! One thing I now know about Kelly that I wish didn't: She gets pregnant without even trying just by thinking about sex, but she won't talk at dinner about that. Then it went from there to she takes fashion and career advice from her kids and she wants her daughter to be a clever text message sender because it shows intelligence. Towards the end she brought up Bethenny's name for no reason after previously saying at the begining that she doesn't do that but Bethenny does.

+ Reply to Thread