+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9176Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

“He hates the whole reality [TV] thing, he doesn’t want the attention or the scrutiny.”

The above statement is from a friend of Tom's.

But it does make sense about Tom not liking Reality TV after what Tom said to his Ex Missy at Ramona's party.

"When Missy said hi to Tom and asked about his wedding ring, he laughed that he was "still getting used to it" and compared it to a collar for a dog.
    Luann insisted she thought it was "healthy" that he was friends with his ex."

And then we all saw and heard it on the episode. I am sure that bothered Lu when she saw the episode.

Married to Lu, for Tom its kinda like being on Big Brother ... there are cameras and microphones EVERYWHERE.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Exactly! Tom could run into the same problem that Mario did - cheating on a reality star is difficult, especially in a gossip friendly city like New York. There are A LOT more eyes to catch what you do.

If Tom had been smart, he would have avoided being on the show. People would know Luann was married, but would not know as well what he looks like. He could have continued in his ways in a little more privacy. Luann should know better by now.
    momrek06 and Prism like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

You know what is so sad about all this ... is that all the ladies (I feel) were very concerned for Lu "marrying" him.

DATE him, yes, do it. 24/7. Date Date Date but they all told her their thoughts about Tom.

Lu listened to all of them but Lu still felt in her heart of hearts that Tom was the one for her.

TRIED and TRUE.

Its really so sad, IMHO.

I mean the kiss at the Regency AND mind you that was not even caught on reality tv ... BF had a friend that knew BF was headed to Lu's engagement party in FL and texted her the pic (as I recall).

And from the article ... 7 months and Lu is slapping him in public.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    You know what is so sad about all this ... is that all the ladies (I feel) were very concerned for Lu "marrying" him.

DATE him, yes, do it. 24/7. Date Date Date but they all told her their thoughts about Tom.

Lu listened to all of them but Lu still felt in her heart of hearts that Tom was the one for her.

TRIED and TRUE.

Its really so sad, IMHO.

I mean the kiss at the Regency AND mind you that was not even caught on reality tv ... BF had a friend that knew BF was headed to Lu's engagement party in FL and texted her the pic (as I recall).

And from the article ... 7 months and Lu is slapping him in public.
    True, but I don't think most of the women were truly concerned about Luann marrying him. I think they saw the warning signs, but I think they were motivated to talk about it as a way of bringing Luann down to their level ... not out of genuine concern for a friend. Dorinda is the only one I'd say was likely truly concerned, and she was smart enough to know she coudlnt' do or say anything to make a difference.
    momrek06 and sparklete like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Exactly! Tom could run into the same problem that Mario did - cheating on a reality star is difficult, especially in a gossip friendly city like New York. There are A LOT more eyes to catch what you do.

If Tom had been smart, he would have avoided being on the show. People would know Luann was married, but would not know as well what he looks like. He could have continued in his ways in a little more privacy. Luann should know better by now.

Lu knew what Tom was like and married him anyway. I doubt anything would have been private, because the news today, is this kind of digging and digging. Friends talking about what you do and don't like, arent friends, not to me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Exactly! I always laugh when I see "a friend of _______ said ..." in a gossip article, because real friends don't talk to gossip reporters!
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    True, but I don't think most of the women were truly concerned about Luann marrying him. I think they saw the warning signs, but I think they were motivated to talk about it as a way of bringing Luann down to their level ... not out of genuine concern for a friend. Dorinda is the only one I'd say was likely truly concerned, and she was smart enough to know she coudlnt' do or say anything to make a difference.
    ALTHOUGH .... once Dorinda had a few glasses of wine (the CLIP episode) OMG, what was it that she screamed out to Lu about her and Tom doing WHAT to everyone while they were dating/and or engaged.

Lu's eyes bugged out of her head ... she grabbed her purse and hauled off to the ladies room.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    ALTHOUGH .... once Dorinda had a few glasses of wine (the CLIP episode) OMG, what was it that she screamed out to Lu about her and Tom doing WHAT to everyone while they were dating/and or engaged.

Lu's eyes bugged out of her head ... she grabbed her purse and hauled off to the ladies room.
    I'm not saying Dorinda will never say anything to Luann. What I meant was that unlike the other women, she didn't obsess over rumors about Tom before they got married telling Luann she shouldn't get married, because she knew it wouldn't make a difference. If I remember right, after Bethenny's big reveal in West Palm, Dorinda told the women that if they heard anything more to tell her instead of Luann and she'd talk to her. She knew there was no stoppiong Luann's marriage train.
    momrek06 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I would feel a lot more sympathy for LuAnne if she would stop acting so SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE!!! She just rubs me the wrong way --- so much so, that it gets in the way of my sympathy for her, because we can all see that she wants this marriage to be perfect --- sooooo badly --- but instead, she's about to get her heart broken because she went into complete DENIAL and INSISTED on jumping into a marriage with a known philanderer --she was just REFUSING to heed all of the warnings from pretty much everyone.
    Prism and Fiero425 like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I would feel a lot more sympathy for LuAnne if she would stop acting so SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE!!! She just rubs me the wrong way --- so much so, that it gets in the way of my sympathy for her, because we can all see that she wants this marriage to be perfect --- sooooo badly --- but instead, she's about to get her heart broken because she went into complete DENIAL and INSISTED on jumping into a marriage with a known philanderer --she was just REFUSING to heed all of the warnings from pretty much everyone.
    She'll bounce back. When Bethenny rants and rages at her, she takes, she doesn't run away like Bethenny... I like Lu, I don't agree with all she does, but she doesn't make me want to slug her one, like the others.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread