+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 411 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree2169Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3922964;
    I have never seen Kelly in magazines (until the show), so according to Kelly-standards, she's not a model.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3922818;
    I started to wonder about Kelly and drug use last season and this season someone pointed out that the cat pee smell in Kelly's room on the yacht was the smell you get in a meth users room, so I did a little research. Here are the symptoms of chronic Meth use:

"If it's taken in large doses, methamphetamine's frequent effects are irritability, aggressive behavior, anxiety, excitement, auditory hallucinations, and paranoia along with delusions and psychosis. Meth abusers tend to be violent. Mood changes are also common, and the abuser can rapidly change from friendly to hostile. The paranoia produced by methamphetamine abuse results in suspiciousness, hyperactive behavior, and dramatic mood swings.

Other symptoms are dry skin, premature aging, false sense of confidence and power, low apetite, poor coping skills"

I also read that it causes blood sugar drops that lead to sugar cravings.

Interesting....
    Let me begin by saying that I too have wondered about drug use by many individuals on all of the Housewives series, in all cities. I've wondered this simply because of the type of people they are.

I stayed out of that original "Is she on drugs?" series of posts because so much of the information posted and used to reach conclusions was incorrect - systematically falsified government propaganda, word of mouth rumors exaggerated at every evolution until they pass for "common sense knowledge" with no verifiable details or sources (kind of like the stolen kidney or Spanish fly/gear shift urban legends ), but most of all, because of the logical fallacies.

In years past I did a lot of work with one of our local agencies, much of it centered on shutting down drug operations in low income neighborhoods. I have seen with my own eyes what an actual meth lab is like, I have also seen with my own eyes what meth does to people (especially the people who aren't using it like the kids of the users), but just as significantly I have seen cops bold face lie to the media about what they found and experienced. Some of the lies I heard come from cops were real jaw droppers that didn't hold a drop of water if someone thought hard about it for just a minute. One lie about the consequences of anything from cigarettes to heroine completely undermines all the progress made by 10 honest programs.

Everything you listed, with the exception of the cat pee smell, might or might not be a sign of meth use. It's important to understand that with just a few exceptions these or any other emergent symptoms are a function of how long the user has been awake, not normally in and of the use itself. Anyone who has been awake for four days will display the symptoms you listed, meth user or not. Unless a person is a psychopath/sociopath to begin with, even heavy use right at the beginning of a bender will not bring out these traits. When the bender first starts the user feels happy, lots of energy, positive about life, etc. If you think about it, of all that other bad stuff was part of the show from the very beginning, no one would use it. So I don't think any of this tells us anything about whether Kelly was using meth.

There are other more accurate things to look at though. I'm not aware that Kelly was showing any signs of not sleeping for days on end during taping, or even more noticably, disappearing from the shooting schedule with no notice for days on end when she finally did crash. My understanding is while shooting is going on the women have camera/sound crews attached to them pretty much 24/7, so I think someone would have noticed if Kelly were using meth enough to reach the point of displaying any of the symptoms you mentioned.

With regard to the cat pee smell in one room where Kelly was sleeping. I have to confess I didn't catch that. However, smoking meth does not give off a cat pee smell. If she were a heavy user, managed to somehow hide being awake all the time from the tons of people around her, AND had the unfortunate luck of having body chemistry that made her perspiration interact with the meth to smell like cat pee, wouldn't she have given off that smell all the time from her body and not a just a room she had been in?

It is possible on occassion for an actual meth lab to give off something resembling a cat pee smell. On that point though, unless kelly was actually cooking up a batch with a mini-lab (cat pee smells being the least of her worries), someone could posit that she had been to a lab to buy some. In that case though, if she smelled that bad from being in an active lab her clothes, hair, shoes, car interior, etc would smell even worse. So, all things considered I'm more inclined to believe the cat pee smell was more likely to have come from a cat than a flask. There is also the point that somene who is mentally ill might not be tending to the cat box as regularly as the cat might hope.

There are other drugs that could have caused much of the conduct we saw from her, but we have no credible evidence from that either. I think what we have seen over the last two seasons was a slow build to Kelly having a psychotic break, finally she did, we watched every second, and it brought Bravo ratings gold. There is also the well documented tendency for mentally ill people to gravitate toward self medication with street drugs.

FORT Fogey

The cat pee smell was regarding a room on the yacht. Maybe Kelly's room, but it was when they first boarded so I don't think Kelly had time to set up a meth lab yet. Regarding her personal odor, I can't believe I have this information, but I read a comment on gawker by someone who supposedly knows Kelly and said she smells like spray tan and old milk.

Love how Sonja shut Luanne down from talking over her ... ! And explaining the WHOLE situation to Jill and crew, "you were invited for 5 days, not 1. Kelly had just left and we finally had some peace ... " !! I loves me some Sonja. Kelly's face plainly showed the hamster on the wheel, trying to figure it out.

Guess Jill will blame Alex for everything now, since she wants to be back in Bethenny's world.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

So WHY does Ramona get TWO WEDDINGS? Sheesh so many etiquette violations I wonder in the Countess will have anything to say.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Kelly ... you don't get to be the bigger person just because you're taller.

You didn't rsvp, you crashed the wedding/renewal, you are not the bigger person. It's called camera time.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3923015;
    The cat pee smell was regarding a room on the yacht. Maybe Kelly's room, but it was when they first boarded so I don't think Kelly had time to set up a meth lab yet. Regarding her personal odor, I can't believe I have this information, but I read a comment on gawker by someone who supposedly knows Kelly and said she smells like spray tan and old milk.
    I must have had my face buried in my laptop when they boarded the yacht. I'm also relieved that at least at that point she hadn't had time to lab up yet. Personally, I would be devastated if she somehow caught at case of "Phossy Jaw" from all the white phosphorus needed to cook properly. If you've never heard of "Phossy Jaw" google it. It was an absolutly horrid facial disfiguring condition common among young British women who were match factory workers in the late 19th century.

Old milk!!!

Still early here... was it a good episode? Or will it make me want to scream in disgust at the Kelly-monster?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3923094;
    Still early here... was it a good episode? Or will it make me want to scream in disgust at the Kelly-monster?
    I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. It's been a rough day.

Personally, I think I would like to see a hint of resolution, with a pinch of revelation, combined with a touch renewal and a great big industrial size drum of hair pulling, eye scratching, shoe throwing, earring grabbing, bling destroying crazy. If not now, then at the reunion show pleeeeez.

If anyone is around who has seen it, spoilers are eagerly welcomed. For me, anything worth spoiling only makes witnessing the actual event so much more fun, because I know what to look for.

FORT Fogey

It's a little snoozy.

+ Reply to Thread