+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 432 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3921773;
    I don't think its selfish at all- why should they teach him to "blend in with all the other boys in their area"? They are unique individuals teaching their children to be unique as well. I bet he keeps going by that name and rocks it! The girls are going to love him
    But that's exactly my point. They should allow him to be a unique individual, not teach him. What they are teaching him is to be them, to be the different that they want him to be, largely defined as weird. All I'm saying is within the bounds of reason they should allow him to do what he wishes with his name or any other aspect of who he wants to be as long as it doesn't interfere with anything crucial to his development like his education. That leads back to what I said earlier about kids wanting to be different from their parents. Of course, we are all painting with very broad brushes here. There is no accounting of individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3922629;
    Very interesting.
    I have a lot of respect for her saying that.

It does sure seem like they are amping up the drama on all the hhousewives shows.
    I think they're showing a lot of Sonia because she's putting herself out there as the "cougar" of the bunch.
    Sounds like Jennifer may not be a cougar, or overly dramatic, or one to shout the loudest, so that probably translates to "Cut"
    Or, she saw the directions all of the shows seem to be going and decided she didn't want to do it to her family or herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;3922258;
    I just watched the Kelly PSA re: Bullying.
    They better bring up this crap on the reunion show.
    Wait a minute - I just remembered they filmed the reunion show last week and I betcha it was before her little "PSA" was distributed online.

So I guess Andy Cohen won't have a chance to ask her about this bullying crap.

Now I'm even madder. And I actually quoted myself in this post! HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3922638;
    Or, she saw the directions all of the shows seem to be going and decided she didn't want to do it to her family or herself.
    Yes. That was my point.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3921773;
    I don't think its selfish at all- why should they teach him to "blend in with all the other boys in their area"? They are unique individuals teaching their children to be unique as well. I bet he keeps going by that name and rocks it! The girls are going to love him
    Psychologically kids in grade school are in a stage where they rarely want to be seen as different from the other kids. It embarrasses them and makes them very uncomfortable. It seems like with a name like his they could allow him the choice of going by Frank or Frankie at school if he wanted to. He can always change to the Francois later if he thinks that his name is what will make him stand out and be special.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3922062;
    Oh, yeah. Her laugh would definitely make me laugh harder. The other kid is Johann (sp?).
    "make the Johann face. Johann! Johann!"
    Now what Kelly was yipping at Alex during the awkward photo shoot makes somewhat more sense. But not really.

FORT Newbie

OMG Jill Zarin's gay husband Brad is really digging it into the Housewives on focusonstyle.com
    Can't believe he said those things, but I think he's right anyway. Wonder if Jill saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3922724;
    Psychologically kids in grade school are in a stage where they rarely want to be seen as different from the other kids. It embarrasses them and makes them very uncomfortable. It seems like with a name like his they could allow him the choice of going by Frank or Frankie at school if he wanted to. He can always change to the Francois later if he thinks that his name is what will make him stand out and be special.
    Well said.

Somehow if Silex (sorry, had to use at least once / fond memories of an old coffee maker I had in college, but sounds like a Dr Who villain) won't allow Francois to tone it down to a simple Frank or Franky, I don't think there is a chance in hell that it would countenance Johan calling himself Joe. Worse yet, if he really wanted to torture them at some point he could insist on calling himself JoJo.

Francois and Johann ... Frankie and Johnny.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3922625;
    To be fair, "book" is one of the industry terms for a magazine. I think it's primarily used, though, for business aspects of the operation, so one might say "Advertising for the September book is down 3%" or "The book closes in July for the September issue."
    Hmmmm....strange. Must be a super obscure term that the "average guy" would never refer to a magazine as a book. I.e., Anna Wintour's "September Issue." (Vogue). Will bet majority of us on the planet never refer to it as anything but a magazine. Either way, am sure KKB thinks it's a book and "War and Peace" is a pamphlet.

+ Reply to Thread