+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 415 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree2222Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3920791;
    They'll just always make sure they go to school with kids named Tybalt and Bennington.
    What they don't seem to understand is just how selfish they are being by refusing to let him have a name that lets him blend in with all the other boys in their area. Save the embarrassing and/or family names for the middle name that few people will ever see. The very last thing kids want is to be different from their peers. They only want to be different from their parents, but not in a dorky way.

I think the most likely scenario is Francoise will learn quickly to pick up a nick name or just call himself Franky. Either way he will likely have to hide it from his pretentious parents, which will mean that at some point his parents will notice that he never seems to bring any of his school friends around. Of course, with a father who dresses like Simon, there could be any number of reasons why a child who has begun to reach an age of self awareness.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3920811;
    Uh-oh.. Sonja got a DUI?

BREAKING NEWS: Real Housewife Sonja Morgan Arrested For DWI | RadarOnline.com

Doesn't she have a driver?
    At first I thought her mugshot was surprisingly easy to find for a "breaking story, but when I found an article it said she was popped running a stop sign in the Hamptons "over the holiday weekend." So, it's easily been several days since her arrest.

I guess we know what an upcoming plot will center around.

This is just one more example of why I'm glad I don't drink. I have a long standing agreement with all my friends, and even my acquaintances. If they have been out drinking they can call me - no matter what time of the day or night, what day of the week, or even on a holiday, and I will come pick them up. I will never offer a single second of complaint nor excuse as to why I can't/don't want to, or how inconvenient it is. (Believe me it is usually damned inconvenient) Furthermore, there will not be a single second of complaint or shaming from me when I do pick them up.

I think that's a pretty fair deal. So conversely, if they do get stopped and/or arrested for DUI (drugs or alcohol) I will not lift a finger to help them in any way. That includes helping them arrange bail, picking them up after making bail or taking care of their affairs if they cannot make bail. After being so selfless in trying to help avoid something like that, I think I've done enough once the handcuffs go on.

The only price I demand is about one time out of four I will demand a nice lunch the next day, which also means an opportunity to retrieve their car wherever it was left, so a fair deal I think. It's certainly better than what Sonja is about to face or worse yet, killing someone.
    Last edited by Omar_X; 06-02-2010 at 03:39 AM.

Rewatching the last episode, I was really proud of Ramona going over and caring for Alex when she was visibly upset at Jill's presence. Who would have thought? I hope that their friendship continues and flourishes. I never would have thought that Ramona would be the sane one and that Alex and Ramona would hang out on the Hooter's boat like BFF's on a vacation together. Ramona used to cringe at the mention of her name.

Quote Originally Posted by mina;3921110;
    Rewatching the last episode, I was really proud of Ramona going over and caring for Alex when she was visibly upset at Jill's presence. Who would have thought? I hope that their friendship continues and flourishes. I never would have thought that Ramona would be the sane one and that Alex and Ramona would hang out on the Hooter's boat like BFF's on a vacation together. Ramona used to cringe at the mention of her name.
    Ramona was earning big points with me last episode. Going over to comfort Alex, then running after Jill and trying to diffuse her, then realizing how futile argument with Kelly is, apologizing to her, then mending fences with Jill. I also liked how when Jill spat out "Alex, your new best friend," she calmly, rationally said, "No, she's not my new best friend, but I do like her."

I couldn't stand her the last couple seasons - when did she get so fabulous?

I think Ramona is still the same ol' Ramona it's just her crazy pales in comparison to Kelly's and Jill's (though Jill's crazy is more delusional than Kelly's).

Ramona got on my nerves the last couple seasons (even this one) but we would occasionally get a glimpse of her compassionate side which we are seeing more this season.

It appears that mending fences with her estranged father really did give Ramona a new attitude. A great one from what I see. She's still not perfect ("The only person who likes you is Jason, and you'll probably screw that up" anyone?) but she is quick to apologize and doesn't hold on to grudges any more. All the girls should cut their hair and "renew" themselves!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3921159;
    I think Ramona is still the same ol' Ramona it's just her crazy pales in comparison to Kelly's and Jill's (though Jill's crazy is more delusional than Kelly's).

Ramona got on my nerves the last couple seasons (even this one) but we would occasionally get a glimpse of her compassionate side which we are seeing more this season.
    I think they left out her good points last season, and are leaving out the bad points this season to create the character they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3921503;
    I think they left out her good points last season, and are leaving out the bad points this season to create the character they want.
    I agree. I think to some extent, they do that with everyone -- certainly Alex & Simon are getting a better edit this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3921475;
    It appears that mending fences with her estranged father really did give Ramona a new attitude. A great one from what I see. She's still not perfect ("The only person who likes you is Jason, and you'll probably screw that up" anyone?) but she is quick to apologize and doesn't hold on to grudges any more. All the girls should cut their hair and "renew" themselves!
    Ramona worked on her relationship with her estranged father years ago. It was Bethenny who recently saw her estranged father right before he passed away. I agree with the other posts that mention Bravo probably chose to edit Ramona more harshly the first few seasons. I am glad, though, that we're seeing the more "positive side" of Ramona lately, and I'm also glad Ramona could offer support to Bethenny, since they both had difficulties with their respective fathers.

I just read recaps of this whole season in one sitting ... and my brain is about to explode. Wow, the recapper went from blaming B to joining team B and exposing most if not all of Jill's antics, on and off the show.

I need chocolate and a diet coke now.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread