+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 441 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3920388;
    jenni and jeff? oh please tell me there's another season of flipping out on the way!!!!!
    I was all excited when I saw them on that promo.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3920136;
    I just logged on as fast as I could to post the Youtube thingie but you beat me to it. Wow, she's really on a campaign. How very, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3919974;
    Not saying that Bethenny is innocent in their relationship but Jill has never come out and said exactly what terrible things Bethenny has done that Jill in some way did not set her up to fail (not telling her the seriousness of Bobby's illness but expecting her to know and the context which the hobby comment came about).
    I think it was when Jill and Bethenny met at Romona's apartment she said that because of her bad memory she actually had a list of all the slights Bethenny was guilty of. A list....who does that?? A 13 year old maybe, but a grown woman?
    Last edited by Duckyface; 06-01-2010 at 08:51 PM.

I don't understand some of Kelly's phrases. What exactly is "systematic bullying"? What system are we talking about? Was the alleged "bullying" a planned out methodology?

I also don't understand how Kelly creates "this stagnant frenetic energy." Does she just randomly throw big words together and assume it will make her sound smarter?

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3920379;
    I was reading the New York Times today and they had a story by Emily B. Hager about a much-loved school cook who died. They quoted 6 year-old Francois van Kempen, 6, a first grader, who expressed his sorrow. The cook worked at P.S. 29 in cobble Hill, Brooklyn.

Was it Jill who said a few years ago that the parents better give their boys a nickname before they entered school?

I did a web search and confirmed that Alex's husband's last name is van Kempen.
    Well, one thing is for sure. If they are going to insist on calling their son something at uber lame as "Francois," either he is going to learn to fight like a bobcat, or he will never have lunch money. They might have well have named him Lisa or Sue. My money says dad has been in a fight or two, but they never involved him fighting back -- or winning.
    Last edited by Omar_X; 06-01-2010 at 10:09 PM.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3920136;
    Careful, Ubidiah. A puddle of kRaZy leaked out on the floor. Don't step on it, 'cause ut is slicker than frozen snot.

Wow! She just cannot leave it alone and let it go away. Like we all can't see the video of how the rest of the women were treating her, and know with certainty she was not bullied.

Actually, I'm beginning to lose some of my excitement for the reunion show, at least as far as this crazy woman goes. It's just going to her filming her own version of a show where she fights back against all of her perceived bullying. We've see all of it before.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3920690;
    Well, one thing is for sure. If they are going to insist on calling their son something at uber lame as "Francois," either he is going to learn to fight like a bobcat, or he will never have lunch money. They might have well have named him Lisa or Sue. My money says dad has been in a fight or two, but they never involved him fighting back -- or winning.
    They'll just always make sure they go to school with kids named Tybalt and Bennington.

Uh-oh.. Sonja got a DUI?

BREAKING NEWS: Real Housewife Sonja Morgan Arrested For DWI | RadarOnline.com

Doesn't she have a driver?

Originally Posted by ubidiah View Post
    Poor Bobby. Whenever I see him I think what a blow it must have been to hear his wife say out loud, "Marry a man who loves you more than you love him."

****************************** ****************************** **********************

I don't know if this is a Jewish thing or not...but I'm of a Jewish background and my mother told me exactly the same thing..."I should marry a man who loves me more than I love him." So...I did...and now I'm divorced. I've found throughout my life that a marriage is a two way street and that you should both love each other deeply for it to work. If you marry someone that you are not very in love with, you will probably walk all over them and manipulate them to get what you want, taking advantage of the fact that since they are so crazy in love with you, they would do anything to "win" your love, hoping that the more they do for you, this in turn will cause you to love them back just as much as they love you. And if you don't love your spouse as they love you, you will try and fill that void with stuff because you can't force yourself to love someone if it's just not there. It's a very lonely existence and there's nothing worse than being married and feeling alone and lonely. Trust me...it doesn't work that way and if you are the type of person who really desires to love and be loved...this type of relationship will be a disaster...I DON'T recommend it!!! I truly hope that Ally finds someone that she loves and adores who also loves and adores her and skips her mom's advice, no matter how well intentioned it might be.

And....for all those out there who were talking about NY accents...I moved out of NY (Long Island) in 1976 and I STILL have a NY accent (not a nasal tone though)!!! I've lived in Miami, North Carolina and Southern CA and everywhere I've lived, people immediately know I am from NY. My family lives on Long Island and boy oh boy...do they have an accent! It's hard to believe I once sounded like that! Of course, my NY family thinks my accent is gone....but the rest of the country would beg to differ! In my case...you can take the girl out of NY, but you can't take the NY out of the girl!!!

FORT Fanatic

(in regards to Kelly's video)

Putting aside that she is [mod edit] crazy and wasn't bullied at all......What was that? She started off saying she wanted to clear the air. Then she starts talking about bullying in general and the "bullying" that happened to her. That is not clearing the air. That is her taking a stand on an issue. That is not explaining what happened or why she lost her mind.

Then I realized that I was talking about Kelly and that logic does not apply to her.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-02-2010 at 05:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread