+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 405 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree2099Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Anyone know when the reunion show is? Cannot wait.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3919077;
    I tend to like all NY dialects, but Theresa's (RHNJ) voice can be a bit too grating at times. She sounds kind of like Fran Drescher.
    North East dialects and accents are a challenge for me. Being a native Southerner (and I do mean Deeeeeep South, not like Texas or Virginia), just about everything said by people from NY and especially NJ sounds confrontational to me, like they are trying to pick a fight or aggressively defending their territory with every breath. I realize my perception is not their reality and I try to just accept that part of it until I get to know the person, then we're fine. Although, I do think in general people from that part of the country tend to be more guarded about everything, as opposed to Southerners who may speak very slowly, but also tend to be very open, perhaps a bit too much so. Admittedly, all of this are only my impressions and I very well could be wrong. In the mean time though, wow! Seems to me it takes a lot of energy to add all that "I'll kick your @ss, cause we're thick as thieves" inflexion to every syllable. But then again, in The South it might seem to a someone from Connecticut that it takes a lot of effort to turn a word like "there" into a two syllable word. If you think that is funny, you should hear some of my family say something like "Birmingham." It is hysterical!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3919224;
    But then again, in The South it might seem to a someone from Connecticut that it takes a lot of effort to turn a word like "there" into a two syllable word. If you think that is funny, you should hear some of my family say something like "Birmingham." It is hysterical!
    I like Southern dialects, as well (referencing my earlier post about liking NY dialects). I love to hear Paula Deen speak, even though some say she intentionally exaggerates her dialect. I heard Paula Deen say that Ryan Seacrest wondered why he didn't sound like her, since they are both from the same area.

FORT Fogey

Maybe we should bring the conversation back to the "lovely" ladies of New York?

I think I've figured out why Ramona looks so weird to me. It's her teeth. They're very white and all, but they're crooked as an old fence. That, on top of her very focused gaze and big eyes account for why she definitely looks crazy.

FORT Fogey

Yes, ma'am.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3918746;
    Yes, Jill is spectacularly out of touch. Just noticed something though, while watching her grand entrance w/Bobby in tow at Ramona's island place- Jill is getting old. And that may account for her outrageous behavior - she's trying to hang onto the spotlight, and it's just not working, because she has failed to cultivate an attractive persona, and the "rich and pretty" gig is up..
    Jill's commentary when she was ice skating at her own party said it all. From what I saw, she was the only one skating - and in a hot pink outfit visible from Mars. Then, in her commentary she said something like "It was a great party! Everyone was watching!".

I couldn't believe my ears. Was the whole point of that charade to have all eyes on her? And if so, could she be anymore desperate?

Remember the online and newspaper stories about her demands at events and retail stores, i.e. "Don't you know who I am?", her attempts to elicit favored treatment and expensive freebies. She's blasted her way through a lot of velvet ropes, and it's apparently not working anymore, not even with her RH "friends". Jill is a faded "star" and her aggressive personality demands that she push harder and harder. And harder.... It's a bit ugly. And sad.
    I loved Jill the first season. When word started getting out about her atrocious behavior offset, I was very disappointed and can no longer stand by her.

I'm not totally sold on the notion that Bethany is not at least partially in the wrong here. Not calling while Bobby was very ill (assuming the "very" part is true), is unthinkable from a so-called dear friend. Still, there could be other sides to this story that we don't know about, though, e.g. how sick was Bobby, did Jill do something really bad to Bethany to make Bethany not call, etc. I don't think we have the full story so I'm not passing any judgement on this story right now.

But, in all other respects, Jill is digging herself a deeper and deeper grave.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3919740;
    I think I've figured out why Ramona looks so weird to me. It's her teeth. They're very white and all, but they're crooked as an old fence. That, on top of her very focused gaze and big eyes account for why she definitely looks crazy.
    I think you're right.

Happened to watch a bit of the second St John episode today, and heard Kelly's comment that Bethenny had tried to kill her -- I think that's what she said -- that Bethenny had actually tried to kill her? And if I heard that correctly, it's really hard to dismiss Kelly's behavior as feeling outnumbered or persecuted by Bethenny or intense dislike. That comment is just plain nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3919760;

I'm not totally sold on the notion that Bethany is not at least partially in the wrong here. Not calling while Bobby was very ill (assuming the "very" part is true), is unthinkable from a so-called dear friend. Still, there could be other sides to this story that we don't know about, though, e.g. how sick was Bobby, did Jill do something really bad to Bethany to make Bethany not call, etc. I don't think we have the full story so I'm not passing any judgement on this story right now.

But, in all other respects, Jill is digging herself a deeper and deeper grave.
    Bobby had thyroid cancer. He was in the hospital to have either his thyroid removed or to have the cancerous part removed (I can't remember the details). I do not think he was in the hospital that long and I know (first hand) how serious cancer can be but Jill blew this hospital stay out of proportion. If you go back and watch the first few episodes, (as Jill tells it) the seriousness of Bobby's condition gets worse and worse as time goes.

Bethenny has said that she had no idea exactly what was going on with Bobby. She knew he was in the hospital for surgery but she didn't know how serious it was. She also said that she had tried to call/text Jill asking her what was going on and the call/text went unanswered.

I think this all went down after the 'you need to get a hobby' debacle. I'm pretty sure that comment was provoked by Jill being upset that Bethenny didn't invite her to some vacation she went on.

Not saying that Bethenny is innocent in their relationship but Jill has never come out and said exactly what terrible things Bethenny has done that Jill in some way did not set her up to fail (not telling her the seriousness of Bobby's illness but expecting her to know and the context which the hobby comment came about).

FORT Fanatic

I don't recall if a nurse came on this blog or another one and said the an operation for thyroid cancer does NOT cut you ear to ear as Jill had claimed. Then Bethanny said she tried a number of times to contact Jill, but she seemed to be travelling constantly. If Bobby was that ill, I think she would have stuck close to home.

I'm afraid Jill is nothing but a publicity hound, and every program shows her in a more pathetic light. I read that even the company run by her and her husband is losing some customers because she is shown in such a negative light. It would be great if she didn't come back next season, but she will probably will. How else would she get the type of exposure she apparently desperately needs?

Bobby apparently wasn't ill enough for Jill to curtail her social obligations to be seen with such upstanding citizen's like Michael Lohan & Jon Gisslin and his latest squeeze. Bethenny said she did try to contact Bobby personally but Jill refused to allow it. If Bobby was as ill as she claimed, WTH was she at the Countess's home all summer?
    Then Bethenny had the nerve so invite her boyfriend Jason to go on vacation instead of Jill. Since Bethenny didn't save Jill's rants on her phone we don't have a clue as to why Bethenny had the "get a hobby" comment. I can't imagine what Jill is going to be like once Ally escapes the nest.

+ Reply to Thread