+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 441 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

If you've ever seen the episode where Bethenny throws a little party for Jason, there's got to be a way she could have controlled her voice. Bethenny gets really loud too sometimes. And quite obnoxious.

Don't recall that episode, but I concede, her voice is also a bit much. Neither of them is the first thing I'd want to hear in the morning.

I forgot to mention, Alex's face at that table while things were going haywire was pure gold.

Can't wait for the reunion.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3918535;
    Far be it for me to defend Jill, but Bethenny shouldn't talk about other people's annoying voices.
    You are right. I have to say that Jill is far more annoying--like a loud fog horn blaring, and who wants to hear that? I wonder if Bobby ever wishes he would lose his hearing so he could be one of those husbands that can just turn off their hearing aids when the wife gets annoying (my father does that to my mother). Bethenney isn't too bad until she gets loud. I could be biased because I am a Bethenney fan, though. I think the person who is even worse than both of them is Theresa of RHONJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3918671;
    The only thing I remember is that Jill was upset that Bethenny hadn't sufficiently been there for her when Bobby was sick. I believe Bethenny sent flowers and a few messages but didn't meet Jill's expectations -- I think she wanted/expected a phone call or a visit or something else. And rather than tell Bethenny that she was hurt, she blew her off and got angry and built it up into something huge. At least that's my recollection. I think Jill keeps score, and Bethenny didn't do the right thing, in her mind.

And then there was the thing about Bethenny telling Jill she needed a hobby, but I don't remember the specifics of what prompted that. Now that we're seeing Jill treat Kelly the way she used to treat Bethenny (as a bit of a pity case) I can see why Bethenny might have said that.
    Yes, Jill felt that even though she didn't say a word about how serious Bobby was sick and also that she kept out on the party circuit like normal that Bethenney have received a message that Bobby had cancer via telepathy. I honestly think if Jill had acted her age and used a phone, Bethenney would have been there for her. She obviously does like Bobby and I think she would have done more if she knew it was serious. Most people wouldn't drop everything if they think it is something as simple as, say, a hernia operation. I think Jill started out being annoyed that instead of being attached to her hip, Bethenney was starting her new romance and getting her brand up and going and doing book tours and didn't have time for her as much. That is reasonable to be upset about as I have had friends that disappear when they get a guy, but you learn to be happy for them and know that it isn't going to be the same. I guess I am not the type to hold a grudge, though. I do think that there is something in Ramona's statement that Jill does like the underdog, so she wouldn't gravitate to her because Bethenney isn't someone to be pitied anymore.

I would hope Jill is honestly seeing how bad she handled it and wanted to make up with Bethenney for the right reasons, but part of me thinks that she is only doing it because she realizes that she would have probably been part of Bethenney's show and also gotten to share in the attention with Bethenney. And maybe because she realized her book was going to be out and she better shape up if she wants people to buy it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3918847;
    In any case, I don't mind Bethenny's accent. I think it's endearing. Theresa on RHONJ, on the other hand...
    I tend to like all NY dialects, but Theresa's (RHNJ) voice can be a bit too grating at times. She sounds kind of like Fran Drescher.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 05-31-2010 at 03:41 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3919056;
    You are right. I have to say that Jill is far more annoying--like a loud fog horn blaring, and who wants to hear that? I wonder if Bobby ever wishes he would lose his hearing so he could be one of those husbands that can just turn off their hearing aids when the wife gets annoying (my father does that to my mother). Bethenney isn't too bad until she gets loud. I could be biased because I am a Bethenney fan, though. I think the person who is even worse than both of them is Theresa of RHONJ.
    Poor Bobby. Whenever I see him I think what a blow it must have been to hear his wife say out loud, "Marry a man who loves you more than you love him."

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3919080;
    Poor Bobby. Whenever I see him I think what a blow it must have been to hear his wife say out loud, "Marry a man who loves you more than you love him."
    Absolutely agree. It was the height of disrespect. It's so predatory, and I would say a major reason why men have so many jaded trust issues when it comes to really showing their feelings. It says so much about how her head works that she would even think something like that about any man, but then to make it directed like a laser on a man who has been so faithful, supportive, and good to her, AND taken in her daughter to love, support and raise in expensive style as his own? It Makes my skin boil. Can you imagine the awful things she passes along to her daughter during the one-on-one "mother/daughter" moments? Bobby has got to feel like a door mat by now, but I think it's no one's fault but his. He should put his foot down and hard.

*Let's be clear. I understand that men have their own similarly dreadful qualities that are just as inexcusable, but this is not a judgement on women in general. It's about Jill in particular.*

Everything about Jill resembles a hysterical Saturday Night Live skit. Could someome please tell me how LuAnn is "priviledged"? I can't seem to wrap my mind around that opening remark.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3919104;
    .... Can you imagine the awful things she passes along to her daughter during the one-on-one "mother/daughter" moments? Bobby has got to feel like a door mat by now, but I think it's no one's fault but his. He should put his foot down and hard.[/I]
    I think Ally will be okay. She seems to have grown into a really smart, grounded, and kind young woman. I remember the first season where they showed Ally having a difficult time interacting with Bobby, and Jill had to push Ally into thanking Bobby for chartering a plane to take her to a special health camp. She seems to have really grown since then -- and not just in her relationship with Bobby, but overall. I can't remember the source, but I've read Ally is on several youth councils/boards for several charitable organizations.

Also...I just saw the following tweet from Ally:

"reunion was INSANE. you will DIE. i couldn't stop crying" 5:11 PM May 26th via web

It's in regards to the Housewives Reunion for sure because right below that she had re-tweeted Andy Cohen's tweet about the reunion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3919131;
    Everything about Jill resembles a hysterical Saturday Night Live skit. Could someome please tell me how LuAnn is "priviledged"? I can't seem to wrap my mind around that opening remark.
    I have to defend LuAnn on this b/c when she was recently on WWHL with Andy, she commented how her opening remarks had been edited by Bravo. Her original remark was, "I never feel guilty about being privileged, I feel lucky."

+ Reply to Thread