+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 432 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3890304;
    I've always liked Alex because she was maltreated in season one for petty reasons. I'm so glad she's found an ally with ex-nemesis Ramona and Bethanny. Kelly, I've never liked. And the Countless and Jill are "the mean girls and they are in high school". They're only together because Lulu is the underdog Jill needs to "help" this season. Anyway, I have always been on Team Silex because they were never mean to anybody who weren't mean to them first. And I'm glad Alex delivered the message to the group. It was an opportunity that was just hard to pass. Why would Jill think it was cruel when she did it to Bethanny so many times?
    I admit to misjudging Alex a bit. She still has times when she's pretentious, which I don't like, but I think most of what I saw the first season was insecurity and shyness that came across as pretention. The less she pretends to be what she thinks a "socialite" is and the more she gets more comfortable with who she is and it comes through in the show, the more I like her more

I don't like Sonja. She seems like one of those people who think portray themselves and being really nice but thinking to themselves 'this person is so beneath me why am I even bothering'. I also want to smack her lips off her face. Also she goes on way too much about how nice she is.

What is with Luann and Jill thinking that Bethenny would call them to tell them she was pregnant? I don't get that. I am speechless at the stupidity and audacity of those two at times.

Also, Luann needs to get over the snake comment. OMG! She apologized let it freakin go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill was really something else this weekend. She ripped Ramona's picture apart and made passive aggressive comments about Luann's e-vite. I really don't care how much editing there is involved with her those comments came out of her mouth. I wonder how much back peddling she will do about that in her blog or at the reunion. I do not like Jill anymore and it has nothing to do with Bravo wanting sympathy for Bethenny. Jill is doing a pretty good job digging her own grave. She's becoming the NYC version of Vicki.

Really Luann has not changed her vile and uppity self, she's just taken it up a couple notches.

I do think Alex should have spoken to Jill in private about the 'message' (which was really quite an anti-climatic message) but I don't feel the least bit bad for Jill about how she received it.

I can't wait for the reunion to see how that goes. I would honestly be a happy camper if EVERYONE was upset with Jill about the things that she has said.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3890599;
    Wow, Kelly looks a lot older than that to me. I would have guessed just from looking somewhere late in her 40's.

I want to go back and watch the whole Bethenny/Alex convo where it's decided Alex will give the message to Jill. I got the impression that it wasn't Bethenny's intent at first, but Alex seemed eager to do it. She may just have wanted to help out Bethenny, or it may have been about getting up the courage to confront Jill about all the pettiness Jill has shown toward her in the past, all the hurt feelings. She hasn't seemed able to really confront Jill on her own behalf in the past, but maybe confronting her on Bethenny's will help her get up the courage to deal with all the meaness Jill has dished out toward her and Simon and their children.
    Actually, Kelly is suppose to turn 42 tomorrow and I agree, her face looks older. I found Jill's birthdate also and it's Nov 63 making her 46, she looks early 50's to me.

About Alex. I guess she could have taken Jill aside to give her the message but I have to admit I was glad she did it that way (probably promted by the producers). Jill has become way to full of herself. I'm enjoying Bethenny's and Alex's relationship and I'm even warming up to Romona's craziness (I think she's hilarious), but Jill I could do without.

Wow, this show is starting to become a parody of itself.
    At ths point, for me at least, Kelly is coming across as the only non-mean girl.
    I agree that Alex should have taken Jill aside to deliver her message. I watched the Watch what Happens LLive show last night and Alex said that she did go way beyond and made it all personal. She said that the problems she had with Jill were simmering for a long while and they finally boiled over.
    While I think she looked a lot better on the Live show - hair color, teeth - I think she became one of the mean girls, herself, with her over the top comment to Jill. I can empathize with her feelings, but 2 wrongs never make a right. Alex seemed like she was gleeful on Live to finally be able to have her moment in the sun with everyone focused on her. That's just sad. Also, Alex insisted that her teeth were the same as they had been, as Andy said many viewers wrote in about how different they looked. She insisted she's done nothing to them.
    I'm not absolving Jill or LuAnn or anybody else for being mean girls. I just think there's no reason to stoop to other people's level; it's far better to set a good example for others.
    As far as how Bethenny's news leaked?
    I doubt very strongly it was Jill. Jill prefers the focus on herself, not others.
    Bethenny appears to be the only 1 on this show who's actively been trying to get her 15 minutes for almost 20 years now.
    I, like everyone else, have no proof of anything. I was surprised, however, that Perez Hilton's name was mentioned so often as the "blogger" who outed Bethenny.
    Can't imagine that Andy / Bravo wants to get on Perez's bad side.
    I'm always amazed at how many people will go to non board certified surgeons for plastic surgery. Ramona may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but at least she has the good sense to ask questions of a DR.
    I actually liked Sonia last night a bit more than last week. But, I do think she's clueless.
    And her townhouse and the outdoor garden in the middle of the city - to die for!!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-30-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3890599;

I want to go back and watch the whole Bethenny/Alex convo where it's decided Alex will give the message to Jill. I got the impression that it wasn't Bethenny's intent at first, but Alex seemed eager to do it. She may just have wanted to help out Bethenny, or it may have been about getting up the courage to confront Jill about all the pettiness Jill has shown toward her in the past, all the hurt feelings. She hasn't seemed able to really confront Jill on her own behalf in the past, but maybe confronting her on Bethenny's will help her get up the courage to deal with all the meaness Jill has dished out toward her and Simon and their children.
    I'm not watching it again, but when I saw it on the first run there was definitely an edit that cut out the whole middle of the conversation between Bethenny & Alex. The agreement that Alex would talk to Jill on Bethenny's behalf happened during that cut and it definitely was a bug in the narrative (for me, at least).

I'm not particularly interested in why Alex was so gung-ho to get in the middle of Bethenny & Jill (although it will be fun to see her lose her temper for her own reasons), but I'm wondering why Bethenny would agree to having Alex do this. Maybe Bethenny didn't want to see Jill again altogether but in that case, just drop it and don't involve yet another person.

Alex did say that she had intended to talk to Jill privately but things got carried away.

I agree that two wrongs don't make a right but it's really hard to feel bad for someone who has done some equally hurtful things.

Bottom line, is Jill likes to play the victim....she should since she's pretty good at it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngeLsLuv;3890407;
    When I was watching it I got the feeling that Jill contacted Perez.. I was thinking that because remember when Bethany said that out of nowhere Jill called her and told her not to tell anyone about the pregnancy or something like that?? Seems like Jill outted herself by doing that...
    Jill had texted Bethenny to keep the pregnancy quiet, after the news had already appeared on Perez Hilton's site. Jill learned of Bethenny's pregnancy from an email and/or Google alert she received that mentioned it on Perez Hilton's site. Noone knew of Bethenny's pregnancy, until after it was leaked to Perez Hilton. Bethenny had not told anyone -- only she and Jason knew. Alex was the first person Bethenny told, after the news had already been leaked. I agree with what some else already posted, and that someone from the Bravo crew may have leaked the news. Noone else knew.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 04-30-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3890630;

About Alex. I guess she could have taken Jill aside to give her the message but I have to admit I was glad she did it that way (probably promted by the producers). Jill has become way to full of herself. I'm enjoying Bethenny's and Alex's relationship and I'm even warming up to Romona's craziness (I think she's hilarious), but Jill I could do without.
    I think the group setting was best due to the fact that whatever Alex said to Jill could not be twisted and lied about in the end. As much as these ladies love to gossip and start rumors, she really did make the right choice.

RE: Jill's claims that she has done sooooooo much for Bethenney...

Yesterday Bravo played re-runs of Season 1 when everyone did not know everyone. Some of the girls were meeting for the first time. Bethenney seemed to be doing well for herself as she hosted events and connected well with other in her line of business. How does she owe Jill so much for her success anyway? They had just met.

Jill was always one of the msot popular Housewives. It's incredible to see how quickly she's become one of the least favourite.
    It sounds like it's entirely of her own doing too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread