+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 429 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Kudos to Ramona (as crazy as she is) for how she has handled things that have occurred during the getaway (am watching the rerun right now). Especially how she has repaired and has kept her friendships intact. And I think that the characteristics that Kelly has proclaimed to have (free-wheeling, chill, and easy-going) all this time, I see in Sonja. She doesn't make a big deal of everything, she keeps an open-mind, and is easy to deal with. Like when Bethenny asked if she was a hooker, she knew Bethenny was kidding. When Bethenny called Kelly Madonna, it didn't go as smooth. Neeways, just saw the preview for the finale and the Bethenny-Jill meeting. At one time Jill was covering her face with her napkin because she's crying and Bethenny was tearing up. Well, we know what the outcome was/is because of Andy Cohen's WWHN. And a friendship with Jill seems so exhausting because she's so self-centered and clueless about it (not to mention, she keeps tabs and expects reciprocation in her terms). Even when Ramona and others point it to her, she still doesn't see it.
    Last edited by watts; 05-30-2010 at 08:42 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3918660;
    I've heard Andy Cohen come to Jill's defense before. I think they have tight relationship outside the show. As such, I think we have a relationship of whatever Jill wants, Jill gets (as long as the ratings are high).

I'm at a loss as to what went down between Jill and Bethany. Last year, their relationship was just fine and then all of a sudden, they are on the outs this season.

Does anyone know the full scoop? I recall one thing...Jill leaked Bethany's pregnancy to the press, but that's it. Maybe that was enough???
    There was also some business about Jill feeling like Bethany wasn't including Jill enough. It was a long downward spiral.

Does anyone else feel like Kelly thinks up phrases to sound witty/charming/deep/sweet and then throws them out to try and look profound, but really has no idea what she's talking about???

I rewatched the meltdown episode today and it struck me that Kelly brought the cell phone out at the beginning of the dinner so that she could play the loving mother in front of all the ladies, and if they asked her to leave she could be the irate indignant mother. I'm not sure what the motive behind that was, though. Maybe because Bethany was getting attention for being pregnant? Or maybe Alex was having a tough time being away from her kids for the first time?

Yes, Jill is spectacularly out of touch. Just noticed something though, while watching her grand entrance w/Bobby in tow at Ramona's island place- Jill is getting old. And that may account for her outrageous behavior - she's trying to hang onto the spotlight, and it's just not working, because she has failed to cultivate an attractive persona, and the "rich and pretty" gig is up.

She's still attractive, but not pretty, she wears too much makeup, her long hair gives her a dog face because it's not age appropriate, it drags down her features. She looks wrong. She's getting that "widow's hump" thing on her back, there are serious wrinkle lines above her upper lip, and wow that view of her getting into the plane, her rear end is getting bigger all the time. The woman is aging, not in a pretty way; and she's unable to command the show.

Remember the online and newspaper stories about her demands at events and retail stores, i.e. "Don't you know who I am?", her attempts to elicit favored treatment and expensive freebies. She's blasted her way through a lot of velvet ropes, and it's apparently not working anymore, not even with her RH "friends". Jill is a faded "star" and her aggressive personality demands that she push harder and harder. And harder.... It's a bit ugly. And sad.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3918722;
    I think it was also that Bethenny went from talking to Jill 4 times a day to not calling nearly as much because she was in the early stages of her relationship with Jason. I've had that happen to me before, and it is kind of annoying when a close friend I've been talking to 24/7 suddenly gets a boyfriend and only calls to hang out when he's doing something else.
    Good point; I hate when that happens. But like you say, Bethenny didn't have a clue. Jill should have told her what was going on, and that she was hurt, instead of acting like a 2-year-old with her little temper tantrums. It was Jill's behavior that prompted the "get a hobby" comment, and rather than address it head on, Jill let it fester. And I can't even imagine how angry I would have to be to save and replay someone's phone message for mutual friends, but it sure as hell wouldn't be for something like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3918719;
    I believe it was actually Perez Hilton. And there was no consensus ever made that it came from Jill. Just like there was not a consensus that Bethenny gossipped / badmouthed Kelly's daughter to the press.

Both instances were unfounded assertions with no proof. What was proven was that the first mention of Bethenny's pregnancy came from Perez Hilton.
    Yup, I agree. Bethenny and Jason had not told anyone about the pregnancy, and Jill didn't even know until she read it on Perez Hilton's site. Some people are wondering if someone from the Bravo crew leaked the info, since - outside of Bethenny and Jason - they were the only people who knew.

FORT Fogey

I've seen people save phone messages and replay them..... I'm in high school. That should say something about it.

I completely understand where both women are coming from emotionally. But I can't get behind Jill's actions. She's handled the entire thing terribly. It's like Ramona said (how bizarre is that???): Jill wants to get it, but she just can't get it.

She was on tour for her book, writing her next book, developing her relationship with Jason, and developing a new show with Bravo ... and Jill got hacked that B got the new show and she wasn't starring in it.

So she decided not to tell B about Bobby's medical crisis ... and thought B should "just know" from the whacked out signals she was giving. By not giving them. All the while Bobby was in medical turmoil, Jill was sure to get media attention, so B thought all was well.

My opinion: Jill knows how to use a phone. And the phone lines run both ways.

I'm thinking Jill was whining to Bobby that B is getting all the media attention, book tours and new book, engagement, marriage, baby, new show .... and Jill should have been part of it and Bobby replied "You should never have cut her out."
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3918660;
    I've heard Andy Cohen come to Jill's defense before. I think they have tight relationship outside the show. As such, I think we have a relationship of whatever Jill wants, Jill gets (as long as the ratings are high).

I'm at a loss as to what went down between Jill and Bethany. Last year, their relationship was just fine and then all of a sudden, they are on the outs this season.

Does anyone know the full scoop? I recall one thing...Jill leaked Bethany's pregnancy to the press, but that's it. Maybe that was enough???
    I think Andy is just a fair person, and coming to Jill's defense doesn't necessarily have anything to do with whether or not he has a relationship with her. The only time I can recall Andy somewhat defending Jill was when Sarah Jessica Parker mentioned she was scared of Jill (!). Andy replied that Jill was just a "Jewish mother at heart." By the same token, I've heard Andy give Jill a hard time for plugging her book ad nauseam!

Jill and Bethenny's relationship changed because Jill felt Bethenny didn't "do enough" when Bobby was diagnosed with cancer. It has since come to light that it would appear Jill really didn't inform Bethenny on how ill Bobby really was. Bethenny send flowers (or gift basket - can't remember), and emailed Jill a few times. Bethenny was also super busy with building her Skinny Girl brand (as it was just starting to gain momentum), writing a second book, and it was also the beginning of her new relationship with Jason. I don't blame Bethenny for not having the same amount of time she used to have for Jill. That's life. IMHO, Jill was a little jealous of Bethenny's new life, and became indignant about it.

About Bethenny's pregnancy, Jill did not leak the news to the press. Jill found out after reading it on Perez Hilton's site. Bethenny and Jason had not told anyone about the pregnancy at that time, so they were baffled as to who leaked the news. Some people have wondered if a member of the Bravo crew leaked the news.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 05-30-2010 at 10:27 PM.

FORT Fogey

I think that before Bobby got sick, Jill felt that Bethany was pulling away from her. Remember earlier in the season, Bethany mentioned that Jill was complaining when Bethany did stuff without her?

Mom2, I'm inclined to think that it was more complicated than that, but who knows??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3918730;
    Does anyone else feel like Kelly thinks up phrases to sound witty/charming/deep/sweet and then throws them out to try and look profound, but really has no idea what she's talking about???
    Yes! I've thought that many times.

+ Reply to Thread