+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 411 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 4104
Like Tree2169Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

  1. #571
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3918321;
    I love that Ramona is sort of the normal one this season. She and LuAnne are my favorites housewives from all seasons, I think. Followed by Vicki in the OC.
    How crazy is Kelly that Ramona looks normal next to her. Last season, I'd have sworn it was Ramona who needed medicating.

    You knew it was all over when Kelly began smelling her hair.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 05-30-2010 at 01:12 PM.

  2. #572
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I LOVED the reaction to Jill when she showed up on that trip. I've watched it a dozen times and can't get enough of it. She tried this grand entrance that simply exploded in her face. Bethenny and her Jill voice was the icing on the cake. Had she just come in and offered that she was wrong and was there to try and make things right she may have had a chance. Of course, that's not why she was there at all. She was there to steal the show. Then she says she ran into nutter butter at the airport and still shows up knowing those women must not be in the mood for more crazy. The woman just tries to upstage everyone. Why the heck did she bring Bobby to a woman's getaway? Once again, taking over and not playing by any rules but her own.

    Why was Simon dressed like Cap'n Crunch? What the heck was that blouse Jen was wearing at lunch?

    Kelly brings even a bit more crazy than I like to this show, and I do enjoy my crazy on reality tv.

    Jill doing a face plant on the ice- CLASSIC!

    Ramona did handle things well at the holiday party. She kept telling that pushy nutbag that she didn't want to talk and yet she kept going and Ramona was able to difuse the situation without starting Kelly to screaming about making out, murder, and Al Sharpton again.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 05-30-2010 at 01:58 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  3. #573
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Far be it for me to defend Jill, but Bethenny shouldn't talk about other people's annoying voices.

  4. #574
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    LOL! Yes Bethenny does have a "unique" voice, however, she generally manages to keep it at a volume that doesn't make dogs howl.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  5. #575
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3918447;
    Impartial on Jennifer, however she's starting to be Jill's new lapdog. Hope that's editing and she's "her own woman"

    Can't wait for the reunion!
    Of course, because Jill was her initial connection with the housewives and that Jill was her client. But she's a business woman and she seems tough. Me, too, I cannot wait for the reunion. I bet all the housewives will turn against Kelly and she'll blame Bravo for not having her back (just like what she said to Ramona about the getaway).

  6. #576
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I've heard Andy Cohen come to Jill's defense before. I think they have tight relationship outside the show. As such, I think we have a relationship of whatever Jill wants, Jill gets (as long as the ratings are high).

    I'm at a loss as to what went down between Jill and Bethany. Last year, their relationship was just fine and then all of a sudden, they are on the outs this season.

    Does anyone know the full scoop? I recall one thing...Jill leaked Bethany's pregnancy to the press, but that's it. Maybe that was enough???

  7. #577
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3918660;

    Does anyone know the full scoop? I recall one thing...Jill leaked Bethany's pregnancy to the press, but that's it. Maybe that was enough???
    The only thing I remember is that Jill was upset that Bethenny hadn't sufficiently been there for her when Bobby was sick. I believe Bethenny sent flowers and a few messages but didn't meet Jill's expectations -- I think she wanted/expected a phone call or a visit or something else. And rather than tell Bethenny that she was hurt, she blew her off and got angry and built it up into something huge. At least that's my recollection. I think Jill keeps score, and Bethenny didn't do the right thing, in her mind.

    And then there was the thing about Bethenny telling Jill she needed a hobby, but I don't remember the specifics of what prompted that. Now that we're seeing Jill treat Kelly the way she used to treat Bethenny (as a bit of a pity case) I can see why Bethenny might have said that.

  8. #578
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3918535;
    Far be it for me to defend Jill, but Bethenny shouldn't talk about other people's annoying voices.


    I think I can actually take Jill's voice over Bethenny's. It's not easy, I'll tell ya.........
    They're both pretty awful, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  9. #579
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3918660;
    I've heard Andy Cohen come to Jill's defense before. I think they have tight relationship outside the show. As such, I think we have a relationship of whatever Jill wants, Jill gets (as long as the ratings are high).

    I'm at a loss as to what went down between Jill and Bethany. Last year, their relationship was just fine and then all of a sudden, they are on the outs this season.

    Does anyone know the full scoop? I recall one thing...Jill leaked Bethany's pregnancy to the press, but that's it. Maybe that was enough???
    I believe it was actually Perez Hilton. And there was no consensus ever made that it came from Jill. Just like there was not a consensus that Bethenny gossipped / badmouthed Kelly's daughter to the press.

    Both instances were unfounded assertions with no proof. What was proven was that the first mention of Bethenny's pregnancy came from Perez Hilton.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #580
    FORT Fanatic texasgal26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Big Easy
    Posts
    760

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3918671;
    The only thing I remember is that Jill was upset that Bethenny hadn't sufficiently been there for her when Bobby was sick. I believe Bethenny sent flowers and a few messages but didn't meet Jill's expectations -- I think she wanted/expected a phone call or a visit or something else. And rather than tell Bethenny that she was hurt, she blew her off and got angry and built it up into something huge. At least that's my recollection. I think Jill keeps score, and Bethenny didn't do the right thing, in her mind.

    And then there was the thing about Bethenny telling Jill she needed a hobby, but I don't remember the specifics of what prompted that. Now that we're seeing Jill treat Kelly the way she used to treat Bethenny (as a bit of a pity case) I can see why Bethenny might have said that.
    I think it was also that Bethenny went from talking to Jill 4 times a day to not calling nearly as much because she was in the early stages of her relationship with Jason. I've had that happen to me before, and it is kind of annoying when a close friend I've been talking to 24/7 suddenly gets a boyfriend and only calls to hang out when he's doing something else. But I don't see Bethenny being that extreme (she gave the example earlier in the season of how she won a trip somewhere and Jill was mad she was taking her new boyfriend instead of her). Bobby getting sick and Bethenny not getting how serious it was/not calling her was a part of that, as was the "you need to get a hobby."

    Honestly I thought when this first came out at the beginning of the season I would sympathize with Jill, but she should have handled the situation differently. It seemed pretty clear that Bethenny didn't even know Jill was angry with her, and by the time she did Jill was shutting her out completely.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.