+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 432 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3917507;
    SDL (Scott) was a really witty, super-smart (former attorney & real estate developer), and all-around-great guy who sadly passed away. He was a big part of FORT, and great at providing analysis of certain situations and people on reality shows. He was a huge contributor to 'The Bachelor/ette,' 'Dancing With the Stars,' and other threads. Everyone always looked forward to reading his posts. A really wonderful person missed by many.
    Oh, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3917792;
    There has simply got to be something in The Countess's preachy @ss etiquette book about the requirement of accommodating unplanned guests.
    Haha, well, at least she addressed it in her blog:

"I told Jill from the very beginning that it wasn’t a good idea to go to St. John. It wasn’t fair to the other women because they might not have gone if they knew Jill was going. Jill should have called Ramona to ask if it was OK to visit instead of just popping in on the girls’ vacation. That way, Ramona could have prepared everyone for Jill’s visit and Jill would have been greeted much more warmly than she was. Nonetheless, the girls should have welcomed Jill and Bobby or at least offered them something to drink."

The Real Housewives of New York City - Blogs - LuAnn de Lesseps - Unwelcome | Bravo TV Official Site

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3917843;

"I told Jill from the very beginning that it wasn’t a good idea to go to St. John. It wasn’t fair to the other women because they might not have gone if they knew Jill was going. Jill should have called Ramona to ask if it was OK to visit instead of just popping in on the girls’ vacation. That way, Ramona could have prepared everyone for Jill’s visit and Jill would have been greeted much more warmly than she was. Nonetheless, the girls should have welcomed Jill and Bobby or at least offered them something to drink."

The Real Housewives of New York City - Blogs - LuAnn de Lesseps - Unwelcome | Bravo TV Official Site
    Nice catch. See, this is a good example of why I know I would find good info if I read their blogs, but I just can't bring myself to. I think it feels like I'm giving into their individual cults of personality if I do that. I actually admire Bethenny a great deal, but don't even read hers.

I'm usually very supportive of the husbands no matter what city, due the enormous jobs they have trying to soften the blows the women they love bring on themselves. I mean, they're not perfect, but these guys tend to be very supportive I think. Bobby has been one of my favorites in seasons past, but as Jill has been so insistent on jumping the shark on most every level of her personal, private and business dealings (apparently) this season he seems to have lost his voice of level headed reason and climbed right aboard the Jill Express Black Hole of Self Absorption along with her. I couldn't feel any sympathy for him when he was booted from Shutter Island... I mean St.John right along with Foghorn Jill. But then again, like it was a big deal for them to take their rich butts on to their planned island destination a day ahead of time.

You know, when The Fonz jumped the shark, he was wearing his leather jacket while water skiing. Similarly, when Jill finally got around to really jumping the shark she had her bright pink skating dress. they were both "jump the shark" moments, but to me the notable exception was The Fonz actually nailed his landing. Not so for Jill. No, she finished hers with a proper face plant that probably scooped out enough ice behind her teeth for a snow cone. I really was glad she wasn't injured, but I was equally surprised that she didn't have a bloody nose or something. It looked like she really planted her face with some authority.
    Last edited by Omar_X; 05-29-2010 at 01:19 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3917060;
    watts.... I loved Sonja's line about her dress: "I've got my dress trained. Normally it's coming off right about this time!" She really has absolutely no shame about her sex drive. She's a trip.
    She's becoming a fast favorite of mine (something to look forward to the next Bethenny-less and Alex(?)-less season). I even love the montage they had on her debut with the acknowledgement of her love of sex and men, and they had a shot of her sipping wine and across another table a shot of a man toasting to her (did I remember it right?). Even that incident where Lulu was visiting her and noticed the pic of Brazilian Bob (forgot his name) and she was like - yeah, I've had him. Take that, Kel!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3917087;
    I laughed at the backhanded compliment from Luanne to Kelly. When Kelly was bragging about how she didn't like gossip and Luanne says, "Maybe that's why you have so few friends."
    I do believe she said "girlfriends" or "women friends", but I need to check on that to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3917843;

I think they did exactly what they wee suppose to do. There was absolutely no phonieness and she got what she gotl
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3917852;
    Bobby has been one of my favorites in seasons past, but as Jill has been so insistent on jumping the shark on most every level of her personal, private and business dealings (apparently) this season he seems to have lost his voice of level headed reason and climbed right aboard the Jill Express Black Hole of Self Absorption along with her. I couldn't feel any sympathy for him when he was booted from Shutter Island... I mean St.John right along with Foghorn Jill. But then again, like it was a big deal for them to take their rich butts on to their planned island destination a day ahead of time.
    I agree. I am unimpressed with Bobby this season. The fact that he didn't approach Mario last season when he was getting in Jill's face (slight exaggeration) but have no problem approaching Bethenny or Alex bug me.

My opinion of Jill and Luann went down even more this episode. At least the girls on the yacht, when they realized Kelley was nuts, felt sorry for her and did what they could to help. Jill and Luann just sat there that whole lunch making fun of her, right in front of her face. She was too dumb and out of it to realize what they were doing, but we the audience weren't.

FORT Fogey

I love that Ramona is sort of the normal one this season. She and LuAnne are my favorites housewives from all seasons, I think. Followed by Vicki in the OC.

My Faves are Bethenny, Alex, Ramona, and 90% sure Sonja.
    Cant stand: Jill, Lu, or Kelly (mean girls club and mascot)
    Impartial on Jennifer, however she's starting to be Jill's new lapdog. Hope that's editing and she's "her own woman"

Can't wait for the reunion!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread