+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 428 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree2463Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Thank you, Alex:

One other thing I’m going to say about all that – although we went to St. John in November, we shot some of the confessional interviews in April. And, I think by then Jill had begun to realize how badly she had behaved and tried to spin doctor herself in the confessionals. To me, her efforts came off more as an attempt to repair her reputation than genuine remorse.
    That is exactly what I have been thinking, while watching the last couple of episodes. Also, Alex mentions Jill's "ambush," similar to what Mario had blogged about. Hadn't yet read Alex's blog when I commented on Mario's blog.

ETA: Happy Anniversary, Alex & Simon!

Hey, one more thing – tomorrow, Friday the 28th, is Simon’s and my tenth wedding anniversary! Ten years, two beautiful kids and I love him more now if that’s even possible. Simon, I love you and I look forward to the next twenty....
    Last edited by daiseyo; 05-28-2010 at 05:17 PM.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3917085;
    Mom - I think that's great of you to apologize. Some people are just so dang nasty on these boards. It's a relief to find the good people!
    Typed words on a screen for some reason have this peculiar qulaity of often coming across more harshly than intended. I try to keep this in mind because I know for sure that my statements can be very pointed and easily misunderstood. For as much as I don't like to use emoticons myself, they really do serve a purpose.

Good for you Mom. Being big enough to make a small clarifying statement when there has been a misunderstanding goes a long way toward preventing lingering resentments over nothing more than a misunderstanding.

DaiseyO, that is sad about Scot. Thanks for letting us know. My condolences to all who knew him.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3917131;
    Another random comment - I'm not at all impressed by Sonja, mainly because she's overly impressed with herself.
    Over all I think she has been a much needed breath of civil air, but she does talk about sex waaaaaaaayy too much. It's like, "Ok, we get it. You'r easy." I don't know if she is trying to make a statement about her liberated body and mind or some statement about reverse objectifying men (hint: doesn't work - we like it), or if she's trying to be a character from Sex and the City or what. Whatever the reason, it becomes very tacky very quickly no matter the source. Like Grandma said, the empty pot always rattles loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3917131;
    I wonder if the sound crew gets an Emmy for amplifying Jill's "RaMOHHHHHHHHHHHHHna . . . . surPRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!!!! " or if, G-d forbid, she really, really truly was that loud and brash. I'm all the way in NYC and it made me jump out of my skin.
    Either way it was classic. I say it is the anthem for this entire season (yes, even trumping "Money Can't Buy You Class"). What was just as good or maybe better was Bethenny's version of it.

I'm not sure if I still have it in digital form, but if I do and the sound quality is clean it could soon be a ringtone available for download for whoever wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3917215;
    Kelly gushes, and it's always the same "It's Sooooooooooo (whatever)!!!!" or her comment about the house they were going to "That's the Biggest One!" Everything she said is in preteen/teenage lingo. When Lu asked "who says ho-bag?" my two teenaged daughters raised their hands. I thought that said a lot. Sadly, she rewrites what happens in her head because she's the innocent princess and the evil women are out to get her. That is her world. Most of us outgrew the "princess" phase before we hit 10, but she is stuck in that phase.
    Yep, the very definition of the Arrested Development behavior I was talking about earlier. More often than not is it triggered by some childhood trauma.

I can't wait for the reunion teasers! Well, I can't wait for the reunion show either. I wonder if Kelly managed to get in her digs so she could "win"?

I'm thinking the Bethenny/Jill lunch didn't go well as I'm pretty sure Jill wasn't at Bethenny's wedding.

Also agree with the characterization of Jill's grade school behavior during the ugly surprise visit; she even said to Ramona, "you chose Alex!" -- when she was explaining that she'd spent a huge amount of money to show up.

I wish they would wait until all the episodes have aired, THEN have us email/text/facebook/tweet/whatever our questions and comments for the reunion show. If Big Brother can do 3 shows a week and one of them live, then Bravo can do one reunion show like that too.

It's all about money to Jill. "Bobby spent TONS of money to get ME a private jet to surprise you ... and you're not appreciative that I'm here!" That's because Jill will never have the mature frame of mind that very little things in life are about her. She and Kelly are narcissistic in that it's all about how things affect them, and no one else matters.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3917740;
    I wish they would wait until all the episodes have aired, THEN have us email/text/facebook/tweet/whatever our questions and comments for the reunion show. If Big Brother can do 3 shows a week and one of them live, then Bravo can do one reunion show like that too.

It's all about money to Jill. "Bobby spent TONS of money to get ME a private jet to surprise you ... and you're not appreciative that I'm here!" That's because Jill will never have the mature frame of mind that very little things in life are about her. She and Kelly are narcissistic in that it's all about how things affect them, and no one else matters.
    We should all show up unannounced and uninvited at the Bravo studios for the reunion taping and then act insulted and hurt that after WE spent all that money to get there just so THEY could bask in the glow of OUR presence, they were so inconsiderate as to unceremoniously turn us away without so much as a Mazel tshirt.

There has simply got to be something in The Countess's preachy @ss etiquette book about the requirement of accommodating unplanned guests.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3917792;
    We should all show up unannounced and uninvited at the Bravo studios for the reunion taping and then act insulted and hurt that after WE spent all that money to get there just so THEY could bask in the glow of OUR presence, they were so inconsiderate as to unceremoniously turn us away without so much as a Mazel tshirt.
    I know you are kidding, but just wanted to let you know the Reunion show has already been taped -- I think it was on Wed or Thurs of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3917799;
    I know you are kidding, but just wanted to let you know the Reunion show has already been taped -- I think it was on Wed or Thurs of this week.
    Curses!! Vexed again by the Borg like efficiency of the Bravo production department. You win this time, Andy Cohen, you win this time...

+ Reply to Thread