+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 441 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I've just started watching the RHONYC this season, and I just have to say WHOA! I thought Ramona was the kooky, innappropriate one but obviously I was wrong Kelly takes that title. I really wonder what is going on with that woman, I don't understand what she is saying or even her point of view when she argues with the other ladies. And when she was giving her version of events to LuAnn and Jill at that lunch it was all wrong. She even said Bethany admitted she had started a smear campaign against her when Bethany vehemently denied doing that during their arguement. The poor woman needs some intensive therapy for her problems whatever they may be.

Watching Jill fall gave me that same shameful, happy feeling that I had when Lisi (Survivor Fiji) fell a few seasons ago. I know it's wrong to laugh, but it's delicious to watch unpleasant people embarrass themselves.

(In my best Mom/Teacher voice) That was very ... (giggle) ... wrong ... (chortle) of you, Trixie, ... (snort) to laugh at someone else's ... (eyes watering) .... misfortune .... (belly laugh!!) Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Who showed up at Ramona's renewal and who didn't?? Anyone hear?

Sooo ... does B forgive Jill and just pretend nothing ever happened like Jill wanted?? I really doubt that.

Oh, and how weird that Lu didn't discuss the reception that Jill had received on her surprise arrival. She's always bursting with advice about manners ... weird that she didn't feel the need to weigh in on this one.

Once again, Jill's blog is not up with the others.

ETA: I have wanted to comment on this for awhile but always forgot when I was typing ... What a hoot that Jill wanted to add Lu's cd in her gift bags at her event, but Lu set her straight real quick "Well, we can't GIVE it away!!"
    Last edited by mom2; 05-28-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm curious about something - to me, it was very noticeable since last season that Kelly refused to drink. Every time she was offered a drink or others were drinking, she refrained. I've always wondered if there was a reason - could be anything: maybe she's a recovering alcoholic, maybe she's on meds, maybe she knew someone who ruined his/her life by drinking, maybe something else, but to me, it was clear that Kelly does not drink. But she drank on that St. John's trip, and I have to wonder if that's what set her off. And I wonder if/why the housewives didn't notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3917215;
    I wish from now on, everytime Jill reacts with "You're not my friend!" that person would say "Okay. Bye." and just leave her standing there. That phrase is so 5th grade.
    I work with 1st graders and whenever they want to say something that will hurt another 6 year old they say "you are not my friend". Jill is operating at an extremely low maturity level. And you are right, if the other person just says "okay. bye" or "good, see ya!" it will drive the speaker crazy that they don't care about being their friend. Jill uses friendship as a way to manipulate.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3917385;
    I'm curious about something - to me, it was very noticeable since last season that Kelly refused to drink. Every time she was offered a drink or others were drinking, she refrained. I've always wondered if there was a reason - could be anything: maybe she's a recovering alcoholic, maybe she's on meds, maybe she knew someone who ruined his/her life by drinking, maybe something else, but to me, it was clear that Kelly does not drink. But she drank on that St. John's trip, and I have to wonder if that's what set her off. And I wonder if/why the housewives didn't notice it.
    Kelly does drink, but I think she's a light drinker. She has mentioned preferring beer over anything else (LuAnn has made jabs at that), and the show has shown Kelly to occassionally take small sips of other drinks. There was an episode that showed her drinking a little of Bethenny's 'Skinny Girl Margatita,' and I think we've seen her drink small sips of wine. I just think she's usually a light drinker, but I could be wrong. Ramona did kind of reference the alcohol to Kelly at Jill's skating event. She said something about the alcohol affecting Kelly at St. John or something similar to that.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3917385;
    I read somewhere that Kelly is a beer drinker, and wasn't there a restaurant scene a few episodes back with Lulu and Sonja and she was drinking? At first I thought she was just a really bad drunk, but after having the chance to see her behavior on tape and still not own up to her actions, I really think there is something wrong with her.

ETA: OOPS! Just saw Daisy's respronse too... ITA, and forgot about Lulu's comments. BTW, love your avatar Daisy - I always enjoyed SDLs posts
    Last edited by dustypants; 05-28-2010 at 04:57 PM.

FORT Fogey

Mario made a good point in his blog:

Jill. She was just in the neighborhood and thought she would surprise Ramona and the rest of the girls. I think it was more of an ambush. Apparently it's OK for Jill to show up unannounced with Bobby in tow (on a girls trip) and "surprise" everyone. I do recall how she resented being ambushed at our apartment when Bethenny was there to try and resolve their fight. It always amazes me how Jill continues to try and put a positive spin on everything she does when the camera does not lie. You say it, you own it.
    Before going to St. John, Jill had mentioned to LuAnn that one of the main reasons for her "surprising Ramona" would be so she could talk to Bethenny to work things out. Jill had a fit when Bethenny and Ramona tried to do something similar at Ramona's apartment -- Jill labeled it an "ambush."

The Real Housewives of New York City - Blogs - Mario Singer - Four Sides to Every Story | Bravo TV Official Site

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;3917433;
    I read somewhere that Kelly is a beer drinker, and wasn't there a restaurant scene a few episodes back with Lulu and Sonja and she was drinking? At first I thought she was just a really bad drunk, but after having the chance to see her behavior on tape and still not own up to her actions, I really think there is something wrong with her.

ETA: OOPS! Just saw Daisy's respronse too... ITA, and forgot about Lulu's comments. BTW, love your avatar Daisy - I always enjoyed SDLs posts
    dustypants - I agree with you that Kelly's problem is more than alcohol (although it might exacerbate her "craziness!").

** I miss SDL, too. Someone (I think it was "Ryvetted") had created the avatar, and suggested people might like to change their current avatar to honor SDL for the season opening of The Bachelorette (since SDL was a big contributor to the show threads). I think most people are keeping the avatar for the entire season. It's kind of sad to go back to "regular" avatars now. **

Who's SDL?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3917498;
    Who's SDL?
    SDL (Scott) was a really witty, super-smart (former attorney & real estate developer), and all-around-great guy who sadly passed away. He was a big part of FORT, and great at providing analysis of certain situations and people on reality shows. He was a huge contributor to 'The Bachelor/ette,' 'Dancing With the Stars,' and other threads. Everyone always looked forward to reading his posts. A really wonderful person missed by many.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 05-28-2010 at 06:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread