+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 417 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree2250Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

The puffy shirt that Jen wore to that lunch cracked me up since Seinfeld was on WWHL after the show. Maybe she wants to be a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson;3917158;
    The puffy shirt that Jen wore to that lunch cracked me up since Seinfeld was on WWHL after the show. Maybe she wants to be a pirate.
    Wasn't that awful?! You make it on TV and you wear that? It may not have been so bad if she hadn't let her kid tie the bow!

My take on Kelly is that she really, really needs people to apologize to her for whatever reason.

When Bethenny last week tried to calm her down at the end of her meltdown (at dinner table) and just said she was sorry and that she was not out to get Kelly (the truth) then Kelly became semi-responsive and calmed down.

Same last night with Ramona apologizing sorta to Kelly at the Ice Rink.

To me it makes Kelly feel respected when people apologize to her (even in real life they shouldn't have apologized cuz they didn't do anything wrong) It must make her feel that she is always in the right when people apologize to her.

She's a real piece of work. Even when she sees these shows broadcast I bet she still doesn't get that she's the instigator and convolutes all of the conversations that she's in.

Seriously - you cannot get through to her. She's just not on the same train track as everyone else. In this world.

FORT Fan

Whoa. From Alex's Blog....

Kelly and Jill seemed to have become very close this year, so after she broke down at dinner, Ramona called Jill to warn her that Kelly needed a friend, wasn’t making sense with us and perhaps Jill could reach out to her. Kelly had been asked to leave, and we all hoped that Jill might meet her in NY, and be a friend to her – help her decompress. Jill didn’t believe Ramona was serious, so Bethenny grabbed the phone to say something to the effect of “this is nothing to do with you and me but you must take this seriously – it isn’t a joke.” They hung up and we went to bed. At no time on the phone that night did Jill give any indication that she’d be showing up the next day.
    Kelly and Jill are not a good combination... neither (IMO) are dealing in reality. Kelly's behavior is incredibly erratic, but I think a lot of it may be that she doesn't communicate very well. I can never follow what she's saying, even her blogs and twitter thingys are completely out there. And Jill just seems to be terribly insecure and manipulative. If you were getting really odd calls and texts from your friend, and you were going to meet the same group of people, wouldn't you stop and talk to that friend in person at the airport not wave through the window??? The 2 of them together is... well, toxic.

A few things on Kelly that I've seen on other sites: her modeling career was apparently more "print" ads, not necessarily runway work. Also, there's talk that her ex is the one that took the pics for the playboy spread, and they were taken a few years back, which is why she looks a bit... different.

I love, love, love Ramona lately. And Sonja seems like such a wonderful person - she sort of got dropped in the middle of this craziness, and has brought a really positive energy to the group. Lulu was suprisingly neutral last night, I'm happy she was able to see that Kelly's "version" of the trip was less than believable. Bethenny and Alex are great . We haven't seen much of Jen. She seems really nice, but I wouldn't be surprised - after seeing these last few episodes - that she said "thanks, but no thanks" to another season. (Oh, and her shirt last night??? What was that? Did she just come from the salon and they forgot to take the smock off? )

Another thing (why not?) that bothered me about Jill last night - she couldn't tolerate Ramona being friends with Alex. Once again, one of Jill's "friends" couldn't be friends with both Jill and someone who is Jill's "enemy." Girl has GOT to graduate from high school. She's absolutely intolerable.

Kelly gushes, and it's always the same "It's Sooooooooooo (whatever)!!!!" or her comment about the house they were going to "That's the Biggest One!" Everything she said is in preteen/teenage lingo. When Lu asked "who says ho-bag?" my two teenaged daughters raised their hands. I thought that said a lot. Sadly, she rewrites what happens in her head because she's the innocent princess and the evil women are out to get her. That is her world. Most of us outgrew the "princess" phase before we hit 10, but she is stuck in that phase.

I felt so bad for Alex when Jillmonster came in. Bethenny seemed to take it much better, but Alex had had enough. And according to her Bravo blog, Jill was nicey-nice to everyone but her. Jill went there for camera time and because SHE had decided to forgive Bethenny and become part of her life again, now that she is reality-famous. She brought Bobby as backup, thinking no one would be mean to her with him there. Bethenny kinda spelled it out ... she missed talking to him but his wife ruined everything. (I thought it was funny that he wouldn't engage with Bethenny, but had no problem confronting Alex earlier.)

I wish from now on, everytime Jill reacts with "You're not my friend!" that person would say "Okay. Bye." and just leave her standing there. That phrase is so 5th grade.
    Last edited by mom2; 05-28-2010 at 11:59 AM.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

They need to just cancel the New Jersey Housewives show immediately and fill the time slot with unaired tape of the New York Housewives. It's too good this season to be ending next week.

Kelly is so obsessed with the 4 to 1 gang up against her on the trip she better realize it could soon easily be 7 to 1 against her. Kelly can't let go of the "Is Bethenny really a chef" line. I loved it in the lunch scene with Jill, LuAnn and the understudy housewife when they all either had personally hired Bethenny or had clients or friends hire her as a chef.

My take on the Kelly/Bethenny situation:
    When Kelly first came on this series, she had a career as a model & Bethenny was really a nobody hence the "I'm up here & you're down there" comment. Kelly started modeling when she was like 14 or 15??? Her emotional maturity stopped there hence her living in a world of unicorms & jelly beans. She has the thing Bethenny didn't have; name recogination, family relationships, a marraige & children.

Then the beginning of this season she & Bethenny make a truce of sorts in which they admit they will never be friends but will attempt to be civil towards each other.

That worked UNTIL Bethenny had a successful book hence the "you're a cook & not a chef" comment. Skinny Girl became popular & Bethenny make gift bags for the ladies however Kelly takes this as Bethenny threatening her.

Now Bethenny is engaged & pregnant & has everything Kelly had & more. That is the how & the why Kelly lost touch with reality. The "ho bag" & "tongue made of knives" are not the comments made of a rational, mature adult.

Kelly defined who she was with her looks & youth which are gone and she has little to fall back on. Bethenny took longer to get there but she used her brains instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3917267;
    My take on the Kelly/Bethenny situation:
    When Kelly first came on this series, she had a career as a model & Bethenny was really a nobody hence the "I'm up here & you're down there" comment. Kelly started modeling when she was like 14 or 15??? Her emotional maturity stopped there hence her living in a world of unicorms & jelly beans. She has the thing Bethenny didn't have; name recogination, family relationships, a marraige & children.

Then the beginning of this season she & Bethenny make a truce of sorts in which they admit they will never be friends but will attempt to be civil towards each other.

That worked UNTIL Bethenny had a successful book hence the "you're a cook & not a chef" comment. Skinny Girl became popular & Bethenny make gift bags for the ladies however Kelly takes this as Bethenny threatening her.

Now Bethenny is engaged & pregnant & has everything Kelly had & more. That is the how & the why Kelly lost touch with reality. The "ho bag" & "tongue made of knives" are not the comments made of a rational, mature adult.

Kelly defined who she was with her looks & youth which are gone and she has little to fall back on. Bethenny took longer to get there but she used her brains instead.
    I totally agree with you Snowbunny. Very insightful. It does seem as if Kelly is a teenager emotionally,doesn't it? The way she speaks and acts is more fitting to a teenager than an adult. (maybe an emotionally troubled teen even)

(Channeling Columbo) One More Thing .... !

I thought it was truly comical when they showed Lu's kids going crazy playing with the remotes in the hotel room and she's trying to shut them down and they're ignoring her, acting their age.

Flashback to Alex's kids in a boring fabric store ... they were acting their age.

(The hamburger incident I blame on the parents not shutting them down sooner. I realize Alex said it was hours past their bedtime, and they had been waiting for Ramona to get there and kids being kids they ran a little crazy. HOWEVER, the behavior should have been controlled sooner, and acknowledged/made right after it happened.)

I wish they'd give us a few teasers about the reunion show. Do we get to see some more of Kelly's erratic behavior on the trip? Is there any physical violence? Will Bethenny show her baby? Give us some details, please!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread