+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 432 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree2517Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

this post literally has me in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3910827;
    When speaking of Kelly's possibly deep, abiding state of BFFness/pinky-swear-forever-gagement with Ms. Paltrow (a near tantric state where each of them can hardly tell where she ends and the other begins - except on Pilates days), while we cannot completely rule out the possibility that they actually do meet up for super secret mani/pedis in London every week and share secretes of only the best, most cutting edge lemon/cayenne pepper fast data, we also have to take into account that Kelly may have meant something a bit less strong and dramatic than her words implied (you know, words meaning things and all). I am willing to allow that perhaps Kelly meant something a bit less dramatic (read: crazy), yet still most substantial and meaningful. She could have meant the word "friend" in a bit broader sense, like "we are both vertebrates" or "we both own various round things," her use of the word "friend" being logically extended from those admittedly random commonalities. The possibilities are simply endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3916107;
    No offense taken mom2, you are sweet to be concerned.

I'm kind of relieved that Kelly left, but in my imagination, since she wasn't in the preview for this week, she was taken out by helicopter and directly to a hospital. It's kind of scary if the only reason she left was because she thought no one liked her. Tonight should be interesting!
    Yes! If she went to some kind of facility it seems like we would find it somewhere. I've looked and there isn't anything! Of course, Kelly says that it was all done in the editing but it's impossible to ignore the opinions of the other women. All of them thought that something was wrong. This was all filmed, so long ago, if she did go somewhere it would have shown up by now. Side note: Oh Goody-Goody, just a few more hours!!!!!!! Are you guys as excited as me?
    Have you seen the commercial that BRAVO has been airing? The one that shows all of the BRAVO "personalities" around a pool? Is that Jill in it? I ask because, if it is, she looks different. Did she have some work done? Nene has had some work done but it's the "old" Nene in that ad. Have you seen her with her new nose? As "our" Kelly would put it..."It's kinda creepy". I'm no fan of Nene but I like the old one better than the "new" one!

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Sooooo...just for the record..I have to ask. Exactly what color is undiluted crazy and is it likely to stain natural fibers? The reason I ask is I have my Wellies all polished up (which speaks to my own level of crazy that I would polish rubber boots) and leak tested in lazer focused anxiety and anticipation for tonight's episode. I just want to be completely prepared for all eventualities, come what may, just in case some of tonight's predicted crazy should seep, splash, or siphon its way over the top and soil my favorite pair of super padded gym socks.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3916499;
    this post literally has me in tears.
    I'm happy my silliness could bring a laugh to your day. Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3916107;
    I'm kind of relieved that Kelly left, but in my imagination, since she wasn't in the preview for this week, she was taken out by helicopter and directly to a hospital. It's kind of scary if the only reason she left was because she thought no one liked her. Tonight should be interesting!
    Last week, there was a preview video on Bravo's site that showed Kelly having lunch with Jill and LuAnn to give them her spin on the St. John's trip. Jill made a comment about Kelly leaving early, so it's safe to assume Kelly left on her own accord, and wasn't taken to a hospital.

I wonder how Jill is justifying backing Kelly in the press, saying the others were bullying her when she wasn't there?!? Did she not see the footage we saw?? Did she not notice that it wasn't 4 against 1 ... Sonja went to back her up and even SHE says Kelly lost it. Lu is backing away from the CrazyLady, but Jill is taking every opportunity to stick her obnoxious face in where it doesn't belong (know anything about).

IMO, when Jill shows up and ruins their only shot at winding down from Crazyville, I'm sure the welcome wasn't up to Jill's standards. Therefore, she must "get back at them" because that's what mature women do.

According to Kelly, She is the ONLY one to be:

Real
    Full of Integrity
    voted Most Charitable in her Area (!?!?!?)
    Not Crazy
    "I'm completely honest, I have a ton of integrity, and I love doing this show," says Kelly. "The minute that I walk into the room, I create a frenetic energy — it's not kinetic, it's not, like, a forward motion, it's just like this stagnant frenetic energy. And let's be honest, it makes for awesome TV."

Whatever. Over Kelly, Jill and Lu.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3916065;
    She says it at breakfast - you can see a bit of it in this video clip: YouTube - Is RHONY's Kelly Bensimon Crazy or Did She Have a Breakdown?

I don't know why I am so obsessed with this storyline. It's sad, I know.
    I don't think you're any more obsessed than anyone else. It was a truly powerful thing to see. Further more, given who it is, and the way she has pretty much worked hard to set herself up to be so loathed as a participant, setting herself up to fall hard if/when she did fall, it's only natural for a large cross section of the audience to find it fascinating in just comeuppance kind of way. It's the same as watching any despised public figure get some payback from the universe.

I've maintained ever since I started watching that the reason Ramona's eyes bug the way they do on occasion (ahem...fashion show...ahem) is because her head is stuffed so full of crazy that there just isn't much room left for anything else in there. On the other hand, Ramona is largely a sympathetic, if juvenile, figure. Even if she isn't my favorite, I wouldn't deny she has a good heart. Kelly, not so much (at all). I think if you replaced Ramona in Kelly's psychotic break scene in every way there would be a huge outpouring of sympathy for her and her entire family. I could be wrong, but I also think there might be an agreed "hand's off" period for her on the message. boards for a bit. I know I would wish her only the best and save my snarks and jabs for a more appropriate day and wish her the best in her recovery.

Kelly has done nothing to elicit that kind of relationship with the viewing public at all. It's been all about her drinking her own Kool Aide all the time from day one. The minute she started with the "I'm up here, you're down here" business with Bethenney she might as well have just started randomly kicking people's dogs on the street, anything to really earn that crappy reputation.

I say enjoy your fascination.

I think Jill needs to reinforce Kelly's perception that everyone else is out to get her or Kelly might leave the *friendship* and Jill would have to find a new project. When Jill says Bethenny isn't who she used to be, the truth is that Bethenny is no longer who Jill needs her to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3916559;
    Have you seen the commercial that BRAVO has been airing? The one that shows all of the BRAVO "personalities" around a pool? Is that Jill in it? I ask because, if it is, she looks different. Did she have some work done? Nene has had some work done but it's the "old" Nene in that ad. Have you seen her with her new nose? As "our" Kelly would put it..."It's kinda creepy". I'm no fan of Nene but I like the old one better than the "new" one!
    I didn't notice any NY housewives in that spot, although I only saw it once. It's for Summer by Bravo, and NY housewives will be over by then so they might not be in the spot. But I love Jenni jumping in the pool & Jeff Lewis getting all splashed. LMAO!

Omar, I'm giggling hysterically at your pic.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 05-27-2010 at 10:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread