+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 432 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree2517Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3915919;
    When did she say it? I was watching the episode the other day and never heard her say 'satchel of gold'.
    Kelly said it in St. John's when she was having her meltdown. They were all at the table, and she said it to Bethenny. At the time, I thought it was Kelly being sarcastic, and trying to equate it to a "rainbows, cartwheels & unicorns" type remark that the others have associated with Kelly (i.e. Kelly living in a fantasy world). I didn't know that "satchels of gold" could have an anti-semitic connotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3915919;
    When did she say it? I was watching the episode the other day and never heard her say 'satchel of gold'.
    I SHOULD be able to tell you because I've watched this episode 6 TIMES! (It's my favorite one EVER)! It's said pretty quickly and would be easy to miss. It's at the beginning of the dinner argument while Kelly is still sitting (I think). Key word is should, I can't exactly remember! I'm sure that it's up on youtube.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3916006;
    Kelly said it in St. John's when she was having her meltdown. They were all at the table, and she said it to Bethenny. At the time, I thought it was Kelly being sarcastic, and trying to equate it to a "rainbows, cartwheels & unicorns" type remark that the others have associated with Kelly (i.e. Kelly living in a fantasy world). I didn't know that "satchels of gold" could have an anti-semitic connotation.
    I think she said it at breakfast, didn't she? Not the dinner. I'm not ready to buy that it's anti-semetic until someone explains it with back up. Kelly may be cuckoo birds, but I'm not going to accuse her of that without proof.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3915762;
    I know many don't care for Andy, but I really like him. He's like a housewife himself - but just looking at the others through the living room window.
    I ♥ Andy! Have a HUGE crush on him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3916019;
    I think she said it at breakfast, didn't she? Not the dinner. I'm not ready to buy that it's anti-semetic until someone explains it with back up. Kelly may be cuckoo birds, but I'm not going to accuse her of that without proof.
    Oh, you might be right about the comment being said at breakfast, and not at dinner. I just remember it was said on the "meltdown episode."

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Kelly was being anti-semitic -- I was referencing the earlier posts about it possibly being an anti-semitic remark. When Kelly said it, I thought it was just another crazy Kelly remark.

Got it. I missed it...I'll have to watch it again. If it happened at Breakfast than that was the same breakfast that Bethenny went to her laptop and was crying (or what looked like crying)?

She says it at breakfast - you can see a bit of it in this video clip: YouTube - Is RHONY's Kelly Bensimon Crazy or Did She Have a Breakdown?

I don't know why I am so obsessed with this storyline. It's sad, I know.

Pandora - I should have put a at the end of my comment, I did not intend for it to come off sharp or hateful and I apologize if that's what happened ... it wasn't the way I meant it.

I love how Andy continues to bust Kim on the Big Daddy topic. Not a high bar to clear, but entertaining anyway. Wish he'd do that with the others.

Hobbes07 - The "satchels of gold" comment from Kelly was at the breakfast the morning after the Hooters Boat thing. B is telling K that she started in again with the cook vs chef thing, and if you don't know then don't say anything ... K says "okay, satchelsofgold" so fast it's hard to hear but Bravo has thoughtfully provided the words for us on the screen.

Gearing up for the episode tonite. Evidently K has abandoned ship, because on my tv info thing it says "The ladies are surprised to find Kelly gone ..."
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

No offense taken mom2, you are sweet to be concerned.

I'm kind of relieved that Kelly left, but in my imagination, since she wasn't in the preview for this week, she was taken out by helicopter and directly to a hospital. It's kind of scary if the only reason she left was because she thought no one liked her. Tonight should be interesting!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3916019;
    Satchels of gold is not an anti-semetic phrase. My only proof is that when I searched it on the web originally I found this site for a jewish community that recapped the episode and no one there made one comment about it.

The Real Housewives of New York City ? Satchels of Gold

Now, whether Kelly meant it to be anti-semetic or not, only she knows. The phrase was featured in the South Park episode referenced earlier as a satire about jewish stereotypes. I don't know whether Kelly saw the episode and understood the satire, or has satchel's of gold tourettes.

+ Reply to Thread