+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 441 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Doesn't he say that everytime???

Can someone explain the phrase "satchels of gold"?? I read in another article how it is anti-semetic. Please explain how? I've never heard of this phrase.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3915329;
    Perhaps; I know Chris Harrison says it every season (and it's rarely true) but I'm new to Andy's World.

Can someone explain the phrase "satchels of gold"?? I read in another article how it is anti-semetic. Please explain how? I've never heard of this phrase.
    Yeah, what's this all about. I never heard Kelly say it.

FORT Fan

I don't know if this is what Kelly was referencing, but South Park had an episode where satchels of gold are mentioned:

"In "Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow," Cartman and Kyle have one of those elephantine action movie showdowns on a bridge that's about to collapse. As fire rages all around them, Cartman won't let Stan pass until he gets his hands on his "Jew gold." At first we wonder if this is just some sophomoric euphemism, but the belligerent butterball goes on to explain himself. All Jews, he argues, carry little brown satchels of gold around their necks, and he wants Kyle's. The threatened boy acts like his pal is insane, but eventually, he reveals two sacks around his neck. One contains the real gold. The other is a decoy, which he carries to be prepared for precisely such situations. "

The only other reference I have found for satchels of gold is in a video game.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3915211;
    Andy Cohen just tweeted that the reunion taping was "The. Most. Dramatic. In. Housewives. History." And he said he needed a cocktail now.
    The season started out a bit slow, but that didn't last too long. Can't wait for the reunion.

I know many don't care for Andy, but I really like him. He's like a housewife himself - but just looking at the others through the living room window.

I don't know if this is correct or not but another site was saying that "satchels of gold" is something from a video game. I'll try to find it again. I can't remember what the game was.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3915786;
    I don't know if this is correct or not but another site was saying that "satchels of gold" is something from a video game. I'll try to find it again. I can't remember what the game was.
    When did she say it? I was watching the episode the other day and never heard her say 'satchel of gold'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3915762;
    I know many don't care for Andy, but I really like him. He's like a housewife himself - but just looking at the others through the living room window.
    I like Andy but the thing that frustrates me the most about him is when he clearly doesn't believe what a housewife is saying or that they aren't answering the question, he won't call them out on it.

Though, he was better about it at the OC reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3915929;
    I like Andy but the thing that frustrates me the most about him is when he clearly doesn't believe what a housewife is saying or that they aren't answering the question, he won't call them out on it.

Though, he was better about it at the OC reunion.
    I TOTALLY agree. Often he'll ask a question, and someone like Kelly or Jill will give a lame, long-winded, evasive answer, and he'll simply say, "K," and move on to the next question. During the OC reunion I did feel like he pressed people a little more - he didn't let Slade get away with his crap.

FORT Fogey

Eek -- I hope it isn't an anti-semitic remark b/c I had previously commented on how I laughed when Kelly said it. At the time, I just thought it was a bizarre crazy-Kelly moment.

+ Reply to Thread